C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Cerra Turbo kit installed on there car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 05:05 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a Cerra Turbo kit installed on there car?

What do you guys think about the Cerra Turbo Kit? I'm in the process of installing one on my car and I'm wondering what I should expect... good things/bad things.. things to watch out for. And please post some pics of it installed, I'm wondering where some of these vacuum hoses go.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:40 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

You might want to pm Earl H (he's got a KILLER 740 rwhp modded Cerra single), Z06GMan (sold his, now has a BADAZZ FLP TT, or BlackSun (BEAUTIFUL M/Y coupe with a single Cerra). They could probably help you out first hand since they had /have them. Where'd you find the Cerra kit at?
Old 11-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I have a set of old instructions if you need them. My setup is a bit different from the 1st design/instructions. Let me know.

Btw,
The Cerra kit will officially for sale soon. It has served my well..given me some serious hp...time to go big cubes, twins (My GTS has spoiled me)and A4.

I have someone that is extremely interested in the kit that I will give right of first refusal. If that falls thru, then I'll consider others. Kit is coming off in ~ 2 wks when the car goes under the knife. Includes everything except fuel system componenets (i.e. upgraded intercooler, T76GTS, modified downpipe - 2 piece, tial 46mm wastegate, blitz b/o, custom metal coolant tank-exchange for stock, modified water pump-xchange for stock, plug wire boots, passenger side plug wires-custom lengths, modified downpipe to muffler transition pipe). I will even trade the modifed stock radiator cradle for a stock one to make everything a bolt on affair. If you go with 72lb injectors, I can even provide an EFI Live tuning file to get you started on the tune.
Price for this setup ($6,500 as-is, $7,000 w/ recoat-recommended) + shipping. This setup will do 800rwhp of that I have no doubt. If have several dyno sheets at 700+rwhp on pump gas and meth. 740rwhp was with a 9.5:1 A/F ratio. I just figured out the 72lb injector IFR tables to get them up to a more reasonable level (hey the price of doing it yourself). Btw, shops out there wanting to offer a single could replicate this kit very easy incorporating a few "improvements" to fit a 4" downpipe/T88 in there.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:43 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

i would love to have the instructions!!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Earl, do you have any pics of your kit?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Indiana Z06
Burning Brakes

Here is a picture of mine before the new header and turbo:

It's kinda ugly but it made over 500 rwhp with good heads, cam and only around 9 lbs of boost with a small 62-1.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Indiana Z06
Here is a picture of mine before the new header and turbo:

It's kinda ugly but it made over 500 rwhp with good heads, cam and only around 9 lbs of boost with a small 62-1.
Hey Mark,
I was just talking about you today to Dan my tuner. Wondering how your car was running. I think you have got to do alot more driving than me this last year. Hope it is doing well for you
Old 11-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Here is one I still have
Old 11-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Indiana Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z06GMAN
Hey Mark,
I was just talking about you today to Dan my tuner. Wondering how your car was running. I think you have got to do alot more driving than me this last year. Hope it is doing well for you
Uhhh, nope. I haven't driven it since last December. I've never had the car really tuned well. Plus, we weren't able to fit the metal coolant tank in there until now. I was always afraid of melting the plastic tank. Oh well. We're upgrading things as we speak and I asked my builder to take the car to someone who really knows how to tune well, no matter where they're located. We'll see what happens. Hope to see your kit putting up some great numbers soon!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06GMAN
Here is one I still have
Thanks for the pic Gary!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 AM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

Gary what kind of numbers are you getting?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:00 AM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

Originally Posted by Earl H
I have a set of old instructions if you need them. My setup is a bit different from the 1st design/instructions. Let me know.

Btw,
The Cerra kit will officially for sale soon. It has served my well..given me some serious hp...time to go big cubes, twins (My GTS has spoiled me)and A4.

I have someone that is extremely interested in the kit that I will give right of first refusal. If that falls thru, then I'll consider others. Kit is coming off in ~ 2 wks when the car goes under the knife. Includes everything except fuel system componenets (i.e. upgraded intercooler, T76GTS, modified downpipe - 2 piece, tial 46mm wastegate, blitz b/o, custom metal coolant tank-exchange for stock, modified water pump-xchange for stock, plug wire boots, passenger side plug wires-custom lengths, modified downpipe to muffler transition pipe). I will even trade the modifed stock radiator cradle for a stock one to make everything a bolt on affair. If you go with 72lb injectors, I can even provide an EFI Live tuning file to get you started on the tune.
Price for this setup ($6,500 as-is, $7,000 w/ recoat-recommended) + shipping. This setup will do 800rwhp of that I have no doubt. If have several dyno sheets at 700+rwhp on pump gas and meth. 740rwhp was with a 9.5:1 A/F ratio. I just figured out the 72lb injector IFR tables to get them up to a more reasonable level (hey the price of doing it yourself). Btw, shops out there wanting to offer a single could replicate this kit very easy incorporating a few "improvements" to fit a 4" downpipe/T88 in there.
shiat I wish i could afford your set up!!!!

Thanks for the instructions,
If you want I will trade you a stock coolant tank for yours.

I noticed in the instructions that it didn't say anything about a Blow off valve... I was wondering... do I need one? I've read quite a bit about this kit and some people say it is a bad idea because of the car stalling when the throttle body shuts... what is your opinion? Anyone else can let me know what they think also!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

I no longer have the single turbo. When it was in my car It made about 500 rwhp at 7lbs of boost. Turbo was a T-62. My kit did not have a blow-off valve. I am sure Earl can tell you about that. I would put one in to be safe. Make sure you rad. overflow tank is replaced. the heat will get to it sooner or later....that I know for a fact
Old 11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
Thanks for the pic Gary!
I no longer have the single turbo. When it was in my car It made about 500 rwhp at 7lbs of boost. Turbo was a T-62. My kit did not have a blow-off valve. I am sure Earl can tell you about that. I would put one in to be safe. Make sure you rad. overflow tank is replaced. the heat will get to it sooner or later....that I know for a fact
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks for the pic Gary!
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks for the pic Gary!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

One things that you guys need to know. Gary's system was the 1st design. There were two design changes that followed. My setup features the larger header, relocated wastegate and some of my own changes (i.e. intercooler, inlet, downpipe, etc.). The original designs would probably run out of steam at ~ 600rwhp (not confirmed). I've tested my system to 740rwhp. At 9.5:1 A/F, I'm sure there is something left in it, especially if I did some race gas testing.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have a Cerra Turbo kit installed on there car?

Old 11-11-2005, 03:23 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

how important is a Blow off valve? Do I need one? If I don't put one on my intercooler, what do i use to cover the hole? I really appreciate all the replies
Old 11-11-2005, 03:25 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

wtf is going on .... thats not what i wrote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:26 PM
TurB0ve#E
Instructor

how important is a Blow off valve? Do I need one? If I don't put one on my intercooler, what do i use to cover the hole? I really appreciate all the replies

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Cerra Turbo kit installed on there car?