C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV routing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:47 PM
CHRP 1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV routing

Can i plug off the throttle body nipple and the manifold nipple. Then Can i run a line from the valley cover nipple and the passenger side valve cover nipple to a tee going to a catch can.I put a check valve in the valve cover line so no boost can go in the valve cover when in boost.From the catch can a line to bottom of Air Filter.Will this work and not damage my motor.Or should i cap off the throttle body nipple and run a line from valley cover nipple to catch can.A line from the manifold nipple to valve cover nipple with a check valve when in boost.Any input would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM
CHRP 1
Instructor

Originally Posted by CHRP 1
Can i plug off the throttle body nipple and the manifold nipple. Then Can i run a line from the valley cover nipple and the passenger side valve cover nipple to a tee going to a catch can.I put a check valve in the valve cover line so no boost can go in the valve cover when in boost.From the catch can a line to bottom of Air Filter.Will this work and not damage my motor.Or should i cap off the throttle body nipple and run a line from valley cover nipple to catch can.A line from the manifold nipple to valve cover nipple with a check valve when in boost.Any input would be appreciated.
Anybody like to comment what way i should go with the routing .
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I run an oil cap breather for fresh inlet air and then came off the back of both valve covers and "T"ed those lines together and run the line to the catch can . Then out of the catch can and into the manifold inlet .

So air is allowed in one side of the motor and vacumed out of the other .
Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
CHRP 1
Instructor

Originally Posted by zoomz
I run an oil cap breather for fresh inlet air and then came off the back of both valve covers and "T"ed those lines together and run the line to the catch can . Then out of the catch can and into the manifold inlet .

So air is allowed in one side of the motor and vacumed out of the other .
I have a 2001 zo6 ls6 motor.Is the routing of the lines different than a ls1 motor.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
zoomz
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRP 1
I have a 2001 zo6 ls6 motor.Is the routing of the lines different than a ls1 motor.
Only the valley section .

It can be pluged up if you vent both valve covers and use a breather .
Old 07-07-2009, 12:27 AM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First link below is one manufacturers how to they suggest routing for NA different years. For a blown application its a little different as the TB nipple is plugged and no hose running to it from valve cover and you need to make sure and use a one way check valve instead of stock pcv so when in boost so it wont leak back.
Lots of arguments here on different ways to plumb to/from catch can and whether to route oil cap breather to open air, to air filter or plumb into catch can as well.

2nd link is the one way check valve # that you want to use with either male/male ends or drop down a section and get female/female ends part # if desired.
http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Insta...uctions_CC.pdf
http://www.mcmaster.com/#7775k53/=2mwnl9

Last edited by briann510; 07-07-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To PCV routing

Quick Reply: PCV routing