C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS SC kits powering the fastest Paxton and ATI Vettes!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats JR

Originally Posted by Z06wanted
So when is somone on the forum going to run 8's with a 4L60? To me that is more impressive than with a glide.
Eh, I think 8s in a modern day (or any for that matter) Corvette is extremely impressive no matter what transmission it's got. But in case you didn't know, the 8 second barrier was already breached using a 4L60E back in like 2002 with a twin turbo C5 hardtop 'auto converted' car, ran an 8.95 I believe. It might've been a 3 speed 4L60 (overdrive removed?) and might've only held up for a pass or two but still damn impressive either way.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:59 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06wanted
So when is someone on the forum going to run 8's with a 4L60? To me that is more impressive than with a glide. No disrespect to Doug which his car is bad *** also.

Non taken, people need to understand that 8's with a 4l60 has been possible as Marc stated below, but I'll bet the farm that you wont get over 30 sub 9.05 passes on it, 2500 street miles, and still have a trans that looks brand new, like mine does.

Sooner or later that means your going to break in competition, and there's nothing worse then when you felt "on" that day, and your trans says otherwise...

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Congrats JR

Eh, I think 8s in a modern day (or any for that matter) Corvette is extremely impressive no matter what transmission it's got. But in case you didn't know, the 8 second barrier was already breached using a 4L60E back in like 2002 with a twin turbo C5 hardtop 'auto converted' car, ran an 8.95 I believe. It might've been a 3 speed 4L60 (overdrive removed?) and might've only held up for a pass or two but still damn impressive either way.

Quoted from guys that were involved with the build, and were there at that track, "we went threw a pallet of tranny's to get that pass out of it". That was definitely worth it for LPE to do that at that time, but for me, no thanks.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
JR-CRUZN-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is about ECS Brackets and pulleys. I want you guys to know that I did NOT break a SINGLE belt this very tough year (70 nine second runs) with my ECS 8 rib setup. The next thing you need to know is that I can change my belt in 45 minutes AT THE TRACK if need be BY MYSELF. Because I keep very tight tension on my belt I put a new one on each month during the racing season, and I have not seen ANY EVIDENCE of belt slippage and I record every run on my EFIlive software. Keep in mind I ran SLICKS all year which puts tremdous strain on the belt during launch. The Atta boys should go to Doug & Chris for their work on developing this Bracket and Pulley system for our Blowers.

JR
Old 10-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 585 Likes on 400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
congrats on the fantastic run!!!
you know JR, our cars look VERY alike! LOL... i just don't have the TS front end (yet)... i also have a C5R motor and will be doing a Vortech A&A kit this winter... hopefully be pushing 700rwhp. i ALSO have a chuck johnson level 5 4l65! so wierd man...

again, congrats on the awesome run!
Aj

Way to go JR and ECS, great job!

AJ,

By the way JR knows your car personally, b/c he knew it fairly well when I owned it several years ago, b/f selling it to you, when I put the 427 CR5 motor in it!

By the way love the knew hood AJ looking good!

Sorry about the slight diversion guys!!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:09 AM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by JR-CRUZN-C5
This thread is about ECS Brackets and pulleys. I want you guys to know that I did NOT break a SINGLE belt this very tough year (70 nine second runs) with my ECS 8 rib setup. The next thing you need to know is that I can change my belt in 45 minutes AT THE TRACK if need be BY MYSELF. Because I keep very tight tension on my belt I put a new one on each month during the racing season, and I have not seen ANY EVIDENCE of belt slippage and I record every run on my EFIlive software. Keep in mind I ran SLICKS all year which puts tremdous strain on the belt during launch. The Atta boys should go to Doug & Chris for their work on developing this Bracket and Pulley system for our Blowers.

JR
That's a heck of a testiment! ECS did their homework with this setup!

JB
Old 10-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by JR-CRUZN-C5
This thread is about ECS Brackets and pulleys. I want you guys to know that I did NOT break a SINGLE belt this very tough year (70 nine second runs) with my ECS 8 rib setup. JR
now thats race proven! Sounds like you have the right parts!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:47 PM
My first GTO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We Just changed our Belt after 83 passes on our GTO with a 8 rib ECS set up and ran a 9.11@153.46 can't say enought about ECS....Frank

Quick Reply: ECS SC kits powering the fastest Paxton and ATI Vettes!!