C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to a smaller pulley, any concerns?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by minitech
I already have a 10% overdrive crank, came with the A&A 8 rib kit.

The car makes about 700rwhp as it is and it is a very reliable system this way too. I'm thinking of not going with a smaller pulley, at least not down to 3.25.

The numbers above were figuring off the stock size pulley so with the overdrive crank it will be overspinning quite a bit. PM Arun and see if he has had luck overspinning these blowers, or make another thread to get other responses. I am sure someone can tell you if it is worth any gains or just starts to make more heat than anything.

Looking at the chart, the P1SC spins to 62k but the P1SC-1 goes to 65k. I think my old P1SC was the "dash one" model so yours may be as well. Plugging the overdrive crank into the equation gives you roughly 65600 with the 3.25" blower pulley, revving to 6500 on the motor, pretty darn dead on with the -1 version.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 PM
easyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an oversized crank pulley on a D-1 and a 3.40 pulley procharger said they did not recomend me overspinning the blower the way I am but also said I should be fine and proceed at my own risk... As if we arent spinning these things at our own risk anyways...

I believe the P-1-sc1 rpm is a couple more thousand than the d-1sc I will have to check real quick.

Page 45 http://www.procharger.com/pdf/appGuide.pdf

P1-sc 62K
p1-sc-1 65k
D1-sc 62K

Last edited by easyvette; 08-03-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM
minitech
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by easyvette
I have an oversized crank pulley on a D-1 and a 3.40 pulley procharger said they did not recomend me overspinning the blower the way I am but also said I should be fine and proceed at my own risk... As if we arent spinning these things at our own risk anyways...

I believe the P-1-sc1 rpm is a couple more thousand than the d-1sc I will have to check real quick.

Page 45 http://www.procharger.com/pdf/appGuide.pdf

P1-sc 62K
p1-sc-1 65k
D1-sc 62K

Looking at the Procharger info in more detail it seems the max HP is 825 HP. I get about 700 HP at the rear wheels now. That would mean I am near the 825 HP with my 3.85 pulley. Would there be gains to be had going down to 3.25?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 PM
TRIZ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minitech
Looking at the Procharger info in more detail it seems the max HP is 825 HP. I get about 700 HP at the rear wheels now. That would mean I am near the 825 HP with my 3.85 pulley. Would there be gains to be had going down to 3.25?
Probably won't get much more "peak" hp, but power will come on much sooner. You'll get much more mid-range; makes the car alot more fun.
I ran a small pulley with a vortech; haven't tried the P1.
Good luck,
Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tail_lights
To be honest, I would still worry about some belt slip. 3.25 is very small for a procharger as their internal gearing is more aggressive than other manufacturers. If you wanted max spin with minimal risk of slippage I would get the Innovators West overdrive crank (8") and then you could use a 3.6 on the blower. That would get you more wrap on both pulleys and you would have darn near the same blower rpms as the stock+3.25 setup would give you.
well said lil brother!!

Quick Reply: Going to a smaller pulley, any concerns?