My CHITBOX - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CHITBOX

Old 01-09-2019, 08:39 AM
  #41  
ascastil
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Posts: 586
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jattz06 View Post


I was going to write out a long response but hereís my dyno sheet since you still canít find yours.. Iím sure you can recognize my car with all that blue you like in the engine bay
What's the tire size in the back, how tall?
ascastil is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 10:05 AM
  #42  
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor
 
BLOWNBLUEZ06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 10,885
Thanked 41 Times in 30 Posts
Default

I'm willing to bet everything I own that Zebra could run anything toungeRam454 owns in a mile race, spot him 3/4 mile and still kill him by at least 1/8mi with what he runs daily.
BLOWNBLUEZ06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BLOWNBLUEZ06 For This Useful Post:
mykream (01-11-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 11:03 AM
  #43  
Turbo-Geist
CF Senior Member
 
Turbo-Geist's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,889
Thanked 114 Times in 104 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
...I did but it was horrible with a full spool and a air shifted a-1 automatic turbo 400 with a 5000 stall converter...
It was air shifted? I stand by my original claim. You can't even shift an auto. You had to have it shift itself.

Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
... if you think you can shift your chitbox faster than a automatic does and never miss a shift you guys should go back to your pokemon gameboy and entertain yourself some other way...
I had no trouble in this race against a highly modified hellcat with a modern automatic. More real world results.



Turbo-Geist is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:21 AM
  #44  
helga203
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2010
Location: chicago IL
Posts: 2,304
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by _zebra View Post
why drive a turbo with a belt when it's much more efficient to use the exhaust?
and that dirty mug sounds just as ugly as the name 'helga'







sorry you feel like you wasted money; sounds like your vehicular enjoyment is actually derived elsewhere...
i, for one, just spent as much as my car's worth in mods again, but i did it for my own driving enjoyment - something i've been experiencing for the last 8yrs in this same car & plan to pass on to my kids (whenever i eventually have them). sounds like one man's trash is another man's treasure.





and in before this thread gets closed, too
helga203 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:41 PM
  #45  
jattz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jattz06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: tracy california
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ascastil View Post
What's the tire size in the back, how tall?
27.. the car is dynoíd with street tires on the stock wheels. Idk how tall they are
jattz06 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to jattz06 For This Useful Post:
ascastil (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 01:50 PM
  #46  
ysb02
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,390
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

What clutch / drivetrain mods do you have?

ysb02 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 03:29 PM
  #47  
jattz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jattz06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: tracy california
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ysb02 View Post
What clutch / drivetrain mods do you have?

McLeod rxt twin disc, stock trans, diff has Gforce 300m halfshafts. I also have the pfadt brace/mount and ecs trans brace

Last edited by jattz06; 01-09-2019 at 03:30 PM.
jattz06 is online now  
Old 01-09-2019, 03:45 PM
  #48  
ysb02
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,390
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Looks nice! I'm doing about the same build with a ysi but swapping out for a t6060. Hoping I can hit the same speed #s.

Originally Posted by jattz06 View Post

McLeod rxt twin disc, stock trans, diff has Gforce 300m halfshafts. I also have the pfadt brace/mount and ecs trans brace
ysb02 is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:18 PM
  #49  
jattz06
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
jattz06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: tracy california
Posts: 526
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ysb02 View Post
Looks nice! I'm doing about the same build with a ysi but swapping out for a t6060. Hoping I can hit the same speed #s.
nice should make some solid power with the ysi and the 6060 is stout.. should be a beast!
jattz06 is online now  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:35 PM
  #50  
_zebra
CF Senior Member
 
_zebra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2010
Location: hot & windy
Posts: 2,904
Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06 View Post
I'm willing to bet everything I own that Zebra could run anything toungeRam454 owns in a mile race, spot him 3/4 mile and still kill him by at least 1/8mi with what he runs daily.
and that's with a waffle iron sitting in my valley cover...








dang... sounds like now i gotta get some big-boy tires, too.
_zebra is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:28 PM
  #51  
edram454
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Fla
Posts: 504
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

you are going to actually compare your shifting ability to a professionally built 1500 horsepower capable turbo 400 with transbrake and air shifted?? this shows how retarded you are turbo turd. . this shows how demented you are if you think you can outshift an automatic.

Last edited by edram454; 01-10-2019 at 12:20 AM. Reason: remove
edram454 is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM
  #52  
Podium
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 498
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Thought you were done?
Podium is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
  #53  
Turbo-Geist
CF Senior Member
 
Turbo-Geist's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 2,889
Thanked 114 Times in 104 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
Default

Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
you are going to actually compare your shifting ability to a professionally built 1500 horsepower capable turbo 400 with transbrake and air shifted?? this shows how retarded you are turbo turd. . this shows how demented you are if you think you can outshift an automatic.
Please see the video above where the corvette I was driving outran a car that was being shifted by a computer. This is known as documented video proof.

You said autos win races, clearly the auto did not win this race. I'm posting actual results, but "little ed" is on a corvette forum talking about a mustang he no longer owns. You haven't posted any actual results in the form of dynosheets, videos, timeslips, etc.

You are further proving your inability to shift by day-dreaming about an air-shifted automatic transmission. Do you even shift, bro? Post up some actual documented results.
Turbo-Geist is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM
  #54  
_zebra
CF Senior Member
 
_zebra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2010
Location: hot & windy
Posts: 2,904
Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts
Default

i will hand it to an automatic for consistency, though... so maybe he was implying bracket racing

Last edited by _zebra; 01-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.
_zebra is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:34 PM
  #55  
edram454
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Fla
Posts: 504
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Default

turbo turd is showing us all how stupid and inmature and out of touch he is by insisting that he can outshift an automatic. whopty da!!! this idiot is John Phucking Force and can outshift a race automatic. little turbo turd is so full of chit. I comment whenever I feel like it. have you paid your forum dues? do you even pay? probably not since he shot his wad on this pile of chit car of his. You will never have the knowledge or experience I have now about cars and corvettes in general. Yes I built that mustang and it would have inserted a rod up your cars azz for sure. This guy insist he can out shift a automatic!!! how stupid is that. the only shifter that has the best chance in beating a automatic is a lenco which you dont have. nobody is perfect and even the very best professional driver will make shifting mistakes. a auto never mis shifts and is extremely consistent. the hellcat is a flying brick and was under-powered. if both cars had equal power and weight the automatic car will always make a good consistent pass. Automatics are for super fast cars that rev extremely fast where a split second mistake can cost you your engine. Look at the street racers on tv. every one of those guys make over 1400 horsepower and all run automatics. If you cant see this you are lost dude. shifting is for road racing. automatics are for drag racing. did you know that most of the old can am cars ran automatics. the famous mclaren m8f ran a automaics. the auto can take much more abuse than a stick also. The Chaparrel race cars of the can am days also ran automatics and they were road racers. so you think by beating a slow and heavy hellcat that you can outshift and out perform a automatic transmission. if you had two exact cars both 1000 horsepower cars same weight etc... the auto will win every time. you have illusions of grandeur and try to defend your ridiculous claim that you can shift your car better than a automatics transmission. talk to any knowledgeable drag racer and he will tell you the same thing..autos are for real, real fast cars. not yours.turbo turd.
edram454 is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:18 AM
  #56  
junk c5
CF Senior Member
 
junk c5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2010
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 990
Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Default

I like tooling around town pulling gears in a manual but I prefer the consistency of a built auto at the track.... But then again, I’m not the best at pulling gears and wouldn’t bet $500-$1000 on me not missing a gear during a grudge race.
junk c5 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:24 AM
  #57  
_zebra
CF Senior Member
 
_zebra's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2010
Location: hot & windy
Posts: 2,904
Thanked 57 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
turbo turd is showing us all how stupid and inmature and out of touch he is by insisting that he can outshift an automatic. whopty da!!! this idiot is John Phucking Force and can outshift a race automatic. little turbo turd is so full of chit. I comment whenever I feel like it. have you paid your forum dues? do you even pay? probably not since he shot his wad on this pile of chit car of his. You will never have the knowledge or experience I have now about cars and corvettes in general. Yes I built that mustang and it would have inserted a rod up your cars azz for sure. This guy insist he can out shift a automatic!!! how stupid is that. the only shifter that has the best chance in beating a automatic is a lenco which you dont have. nobody is perfect and even the very best professional driver will make shifting mistakes. a auto never mis shifts and is extremely consistent. the hellcat is a flying brick and was under-powered. if both cars had equal power and weight the automatic car will always make a good consistent pass. Automatics are for super fast cars that rev extremely fast where a split second mistake can cost you your engine. Look at the street racers on tv. every one of those guys make over 1400 horsepower and all run automatics. If you cant see this you are lost dude. shifting is for road racing. automatics are for drag racing. did you know that most of the old can am cars ran automatics. the famous mclaren m8f ran a automaics. the auto can take much more abuse than a stick also. The Chaparrel race cars of the can am days also ran automatics and they were road racers. so you think by beating a slow and heavy hellcat that you can outshift and out perform a automatic transmission. if you had two exact cars both 1000 horsepower cars same weight etc... the auto will win every time. you have illusions of grandeur and try to defend your ridiculous claim that you can shift your car better than a automatics transmission. talk to any knowledgeable drag racer and he will tell you the same thing..autos are for real, real fast cars. not yours.turbo turd.
to also be fair the other way, i didn't see turbo said he could shift faster than an auto - he showed his stick-shift car winning a race against an automatic car with more power. yeah, there were quips about your supposed inability to drive a standard, but not necessarily claims of him changing gears faster.
_zebra is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 AM
  #58  
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Turpid porpoise's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 109 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
turbo turd is showing us all how stupid and inmature and out of touch he is by insisting that he can outshift an automatic. whopty da!!! this idiot is John Phucking Force and can outshift a race automatic. little turbo turd is so full of chit. I comment whenever I feel like it. have you paid your forum dues? do you even pay? probably not since he shot his wad on this pile of chit car of his. You will never have the knowledge or experience I have now about cars and corvettes in general. Yes I built that mustang and it would have inserted a rod up your cars azz for sure. This guy insist he can out shift a automatic!!! how stupid is that. the only shifter that has the best chance in beating a automatic is a lenco which you dont have. nobody is perfect and even the very best professional driver will make shifting mistakes. a auto never mis shifts and is extremely consistent. the hellcat is a flying brick and was under-powered. if both cars had equal power and weight the automatic car will always make a good consistent pass. Automatics are for super fast cars that rev extremely fast where a split second mistake can cost you your engine. Look at the street racers on tv. every one of those guys make over 1400 horsepower and all run automatics. If you cant see this you are lost dude. shifting is for road racing. automatics are for drag racing. did you know that most of the old can am cars ran automatics. the famous mclaren m8f ran a automaics. the auto can take much more abuse than a stick also. The Chaparrel race cars of the can am days also ran automatics and they were road racers. so you think by beating a slow and heavy hellcat that you can outshift and out perform a automatic transmission. if you had two exact cars both 1000 horsepower cars same weight etc... the auto will win every time. you have illusions of grandeur and try to defend your ridiculous claim that you can shift your car better than a automatics transmission. talk to any knowledgeable drag racer and he will tell you the same thing..autos are for real, real fast cars. not yours.turbo turd.
1. It is DELUSIONS....

2. You are projecting your subconscious onto others.

You are the one rambling on and on about how cool and fast your cars were back in the 80s, you know like 30 years ago...
Turpid porpoise is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:08 AM
  #59  
ysb02
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,390
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Default


Just a reminder you can ignore the children (or adult children) on the forum via the user control panel.
ysb02 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:23 AM
  #60  
mic575
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2017
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 138
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post
1. It is DELUSIONS....

2. You are projecting your subconscious onto others.

You are the one rambling on and on about how cool and fast your cars were back in the 80s, you know like 30 years ago...
I think maybe he is getting his vast knowledge and experience from watching the street racers on tv.
mic575 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My CHITBOX


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: