C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E85 conversion for C5Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 08:30 PM
dopefedz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Run a tank of 93 every 5-6 of E85 is what I been told. My 99 FRC has a P59 PCM swap and is setup for flex fuel.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by dopefedz
Run a tank of 93 every 5-6 of E85 is what I been told. My 99 FRC has a P59 PCM swap and is setup for flex fuel.
very interested in your expereinces and tips on the P59 swap. getting all the gauges and wiring worked out and the tune setup

did you have a vendor help out with this mod? thanks for any tips. I remember the thread on this swap a while back and interested in how well it works out and wiring tips.

thanks
Old 04-15-2019, 12:07 PM
dopefedz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

All I did was drop off my car at a local shop called Legacy Motorsports in Baytown TX along with a P59 pcm. I had already installed the flex fuel sensor inline on the return side. They did the rest. I've read everything from a bunch of o2 wiring has to be changed, to an alternator wire has to be moved around. All I know is the work was so affordable IMO that it wasn't my business to ask them what all they did to make it work. Before dropping it off they told me they had already done the swap before and when I picked up my car everything worked as it should.

Might want to give them a call see if there is some way they can help you out or point you in the right direction.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:30 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by dopefedz
All I did was drop off my car at a local shop called Legacy Motorsports in Baytown TX along with a P59 pcm. I had already installed the flex fuel sensor inline on the return side. They did the rest. I've read everything from a bunch of o2 wiring has to be changed, to an alternator wire has to be moved around. All I know is the work was so affordable IMO that it wasn't my business to ask them what all they did to make it work. Before dropping it off they told me they had already done the swap before and when I picked up my car everything worked as it should.

Might want to give them a call see if there is some way they can help you out or point you in the right direction.
thanks. glad to see this worked out for you!
Old 04-25-2019, 11:25 PM
Inigma
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be the easiest way for one to verify their local E85 quality or consistency?

How do I calculate what injectors I need and or verify if my current fuel pump can handle the new flow duties?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:16 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

quickfuel tester or a graduated cylinder will work as well, search on youtube and there are plenty of videos showing how to do it

Quick Reply: E85 conversion for C5Z?