C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Pet-Peeve...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 01:04 AM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (hogurt)

I personally call it nitrous however I do buy ...
Coke, Kleenex, Skillsaws...you get it. :lol:

F&F was on T.V last night. It's so unbelievable. :skep:

They need a movie with some great Corvette action. :steering: :auto: :thumbs: That would be a nice change. :cheers:
Old 09-23-2003, 03:43 AM
TexCorvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (lager99)

Big deal. If someone says NOS for your Nitrous Oxide setup, it doesn't mean they are stupid. I mean, while they are at it, should they give you the group and periods of the elements used? Of course not, not without the Atomic number and mass, right? Get over it.

It is like ordering a Coke, and getting a Pepsi. Not every tissue paper is a Kleenex. When you say you want a Xerox, its ok if its a machine made by HP. If someone wants Duck Tape, the one made by 3m is the same stuff. I hope you get the point? The point is you KNOW what they are talking about. They are brands that have made the product popular/famous, and thus people refer to many products by the most common brand name. Fast and Furious didn’t create this. NOS was the first real player in the game, I’m sure they are HAPPY people refer to a nitrous kit as NOS/NAWSSSS

I guess anyone that has ever asked for a kleenex, or to xerox some papers is a idiot or teenager also!

To get upset or irritated over something like this, you must simply have too much time on your hands or worse.

[Modified by TexCorvette, 5:44 AM 9/23/2003]
Old 09-23-2003, 10:40 AM
MaxPower
Racer

lager hit the nail on the head.

I use Kleenex, not tissue paper.

I also like band aids as opposed to plastic bandages..

Plus... Nawwwwwwwssss is so fun to say... :lolg:
Old 09-23-2003, 12:31 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (MaxPower)

lager hit the nail on the head.

I use Kleenex, not tissue paper.

I also like band aids as opposed to plastic bandages..

Plus... Nawwwwwwwssss is so fun to say... :lolg:
Band-aid...nice one! :yesnod:

How about Q-tip, ViseGrip, Channel Lock pliers, and Weedeaters! :p: :p: Stop me, I'm on a roll. :jester
Old 09-23-2003, 01:50 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (2C5only21)

So I am sure when you guys were younger you did things that other people didn't like. Kids can afford hondas and stuff like "fart" pipes. They can't afford to be in a 50k car and be able to mod it like you guys do. i am sure they would if the could.
Just have to say for the record that I don't have anything against kids who mod their cars in anyway they can. Yes, when I was younger I couldn't afford a Corvette and modded the car I had: an 80 Buick Regal. :p:

HOWEVER, what does annoy me is a kid who puts a "fart" pipe and an intake on a Jetta and actually turns around to chase me down and try to race me as if it's worth my rubber to put him in his place (this actually happened). It shows a total lack of knowledge of fast cars. My "modded" Regal stayed away from Corvettes and the like as I had the good sense to know a butt whooping when I saw one. :D :crazy:

As far as nitrous goes...I really don't care what people call it, but I do try to use the correct term myself. ;)

Just my .02 :cheers:
Old 09-23-2003, 04:00 PM
Scissors
☠☣☢ Semper Ebrius ☢☣☠
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (Devil Dog)

:rolleyes:
Be for real, who cares what they call it, you know what they mean when they say it.
:nopity
I know what someone means when they say nawws, aminals, warsh, shree, or axed...but they still sound like a retard and annoy the crap out of me.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:11 AM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,676 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

:iagree:
also, I'm 35 and I've always been a moron.. NAWWWWWSSSS :lol:

oh, I'm sure you are happy that they are releasing the second 2 fast 2 furious movie next week. That'll have those 16 year olds doing the talk again.
I had a teenager last week ask what size my rims were, I told him 18" front and 19" rear. His reply, what only 19", my boss hase 36" rims on his truck.
I tried to be as polite as possible when I said I was :skep: and told him he was full of :bs :bs :bs :bs :bs
Old 09-25-2003, 06:33 AM
lowdowndirty
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (TexCorvette)

They are brands that have made the product popular/famous, and thus people refer to many products by the most common brand name. Fast and Furious didn’t create this. NOS was the first real player in the game, I’m sure they are HAPPY people refer to a nitrous kit as NOS/NAWSSSS

I guess anyone that has ever asked for a kleenex, or to xerox some papers is a idiot or teenager also!

To get upset or irritated over something like this, you must simply have too much time on your hands or worse.

This is true as stated by TexCorvette.
How about "Linoleum?" (Which isn't even in production any more and is still used when refering to laminate flooring.)
:nopity Big fereakin' deal.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:18 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (lowdowndirty)

They are brands that have made the product popular/famous, and thus people refer to many products by the most common brand name. Fast and Furious didn’t create this. NOS was the first real player in the game, I’m sure they are HAPPY people refer to a nitrous kit as NOS/NAWSSSS

This is true as stated by TexCorvette.
How about "Linoleum?" (Which isn't even in production any more and is still used when refering to laminate flooring.)
:nopity Big fereakin' deal.
Linoleum...nice...don't forget Arborite. :lol:
Old 09-27-2003, 01:13 PM
BadMedcn
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

About the "youngsters" modding their cars with stickers and pipes, etc... Give 'em a break.....that is how each generation whets their apetite for bigger and faster. Those will be the guys that advance the sport in the future. It starts small with limited funds and forces them to come up with novel ideas and approaches. We have all been there.....remember "glass packs".....and now you have the real deal, including Nitrous Oxide, SCs, etc, etc. My fellow enthusiasts on this forum....we are not snobs....you old hands (who know far more than I) should be happy to teach the younger generation the fine points of motor sport. We should not eat our young, but encourage them to one up us.....for that is the fuel that really drives our enthusiasm for cars.

Ron :yesnod:
Old 09-27-2003, 01:51 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (BadMedcn)

About the "youngsters" modding their cars with stickers and pipes, etc... Give 'em a break.....that is how each generation whets their apetite for bigger and faster. Those will be the guys that advance the sport in the future. It starts small with limited funds and forces them to come up with novel ideas and approaches. We have all been there.....remember "glass packs".....and now you have the real deal, including Nitrous Oxide, SCs, etc, etc. My fellow enthusiasts on this forum....we are not snobs....you old hands (who know far more than I) should be happy to teach the younger generation the fine points of motor sport. We should not eat our young, but encourage them to one up us.....for that is the fuel that really drives our enthusiasm for cars.

Ron :yesnod:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Old 09-27-2003, 02:32 PM
gogogadgetcar
8th Gear

Default Re: Nitrous Pet-Peeve... (Nitro-C5)

it was'nt too bad of a term before F&F but now it's associated with people that know jack about cars. You usualy don't hear many people that know their stuff refer to their nitrous as NOS and it seems pretty much excepted your talking to at best a rookie if they use that term without a certain amount of sarcasm.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Pet-Peeve...