Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Insurance Question (Progressive)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had 2 claims with Geico. They have their own adjusters look at the damage and price out the repair and the body shop has to work within that amount unless they find something they missed. Then they can get more $$$ on that from Geico. They were very fair both times and the body shop said it was a good estimate...
Old 05-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

I just switched to Geico and saved around $150 Initially they where going to save me $200 but I forgot about some parking lot accident that with some piece of crap mid 80's buick that happend in 2002.

Anyway I'm glad that I was able to save money with them and on top of that I'm getting more for my money because raised my coverage big time, dropped my other than collision deductable and added a good amount of under insured un-insured.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

BTW.. I'm paying $450 per 6 months for the vette and firebird alone. Oddly enough my 93 Formula is a bit more expensive to insure than my 01 Z06
Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 AM
daneaux
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geiico and Progressive are cheaper because they DON"T PAY CLAIMS!

Example, I had State Farm on my performance boat, shopped around and went with Progressive.The State Farm guy is someone I have known for 20 years......All was fine until I hit a sunmerged object with the boat and the engine caught on fire. Progressive sent an so called expert out and he determined the fire was mechanical. I told him ANY fire is mechanical and it takes Fuel,ignition,air and then you have fire. They denied the claim,did not pay a cent and rang me up in the national computer database as having filed a claim that was invalid.
State Farm would have paid from their office!
These internet insurance co's are cheaper,everything is outsourced and you do NOT have a relationship with your agent.YOU ARE A NUMBER,they make money buy taking it in and NOT paying. STAY AWAY,if you do need them,you are screwed!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:25 AM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Daneaux:

Sounds like you had a real bad Progressive experience. Have you had a Geico experience?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 AM
pacmano
Intermediate

Default Geico did pay my claims - just not happy with the price increase

Originally Posted by daneaux
Geiico and Progressive are cheaper because they DON"T PAY CLAIMS!
Sorry to hear about your experiences, I did find Geico payed claims with no issues. One comprehensive, and two not at fault.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:30 AM
skeet
Melting Slicks

I pay $545 for a year on my 02 Z06 with Travelers ($500 deduct, 100,300) and $600 for my new H3 Hummer.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:10 AM
daneaux
Racer

My point is purchase something as important as insurance from someone you know and trust or least, someone whom is vouched for by a person you trust. Buying off the internet from Progressive is like buying from a ebay seller with bad feedback.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 PM
DRJJ1
Racer

Default Dont Be Loyal To Your Insurance Co Because They Will Screwww You Gooood

Originally Posted by b98
$600.00 or less a year is good. Anything else I would shop around.
ALWAYS SHOP AROUND EVERY YR..YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND A CHEAPER COMPANY,,,I WAS LOYAL FOR 15 YRS AND THEY SCREW YOU BY RAISING RATES,,JUMP SHIP TO A NEWER COMPANY AND LOWER RATES ALL THE BIG INSUR COS WILL SCREW YOU IF YOU STAY WITH THEM MORE THAN 2-3 YRS,,,LISTEN TO ME I KNOW
Old 05-11-2006, 09:22 PM
DRJJ1
Racer

Default In Nj

Originally Posted by Rogue Leader
I work for GEICO, we are extremely competitive in Texas, and we have been making a lot of good changes the past few years to give better rates to all. Give them a shot its free you have nothing to lose.

(Before anyone asks no I cannot tell you what rates would be)
GO WITH AMERIPRISE,,,QUOTE IT OUT IT WILLBE LESS THAN THE OTHERS HERE,,,NJ INSURANCE RATES SUCK AND EVEN SUCK MORE IF YOU RE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT AND YOU CAN T GET THE NECESSARY MEDICAL TREATMENT AND IF YOU DO THEY CUT OFF THE DOCTORS AND MAKE THEM WAIT FOR APPROVAL FOR TREATMENT AND DELAY PAYMENTS TO THEM,,ITS BADDD...BUT THEY SURE TAKE THE PREMIUMS FAST FROM US...I KNOW DON T ASK..SO LET THE BIG GUYS SUFFER AND NOW THEY ARE SUCKING UP TO THE PUBLIC TRYING TO GET THEIR BUSINESS BACK BUT I HOPE THEY CANNOTTTT
Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 PM
BAD AZZ C5
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

I have Farmers Truck Insurance and have been fairly happy with them. Insurance costs about $2K/yr with coverage 300K/100K/50K and $1K deductibles. Only thing I don't like is that you can only have six month policies. Supposedly, they are going to allow annual policies. I just get to much policy paperwork to keep up with.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 AM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Surprised nobody mentioned Mercury (AKA "American Mercury"). I found out about them researching on this forum. Changed my long time carrier for significant savings. They were cheapeer than ANY of the others. I get to be quite thorough when doing this type research. I got quotes from all companies mentioned in this thread and many more. No other company was close. FWIW.
Rick
Old 05-12-2006, 07:55 AM
daneaux
Racer

I pay $576 a year with Allstate and have a 16yo,19yo and wife all on the insurance to drive the C5.
I also have more cars than drivers, so I get a big break on the rate.

Quick Reply: C5 Insurance Question (Progressive)