Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techron additive.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:17 PM
chai1836
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techron additive.

I recently purchased a bottle of the Techron additive from a local auto chain.

There is an orange sticker on the bottle that says something about using in a diesel engine. Are there two different bottles of Techron? The bottle does not say anything about it being Techron for a diesel engine so I am not sure if I can use this in my vette...no I do not have the limited edition diesel vette

Has anyone, who has used the Techron additive, noticed this sticker before?

TIA.

[edit] - I should also state the orange sticker is on the neck of the bottle under the little cardboard sheath that comes on the bottle.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

that's a new one for me... I have never seen this orange sticker on the Techron I have purchased.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts

Been usin techron for 6 years or so, never saw that label.

I still have a couple bottles in the garage so I know thats fine. Going to the store tomorrow will check out their stock.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by rws.1
that's a new one for me... I have never seen this orange sticker on the Techron I have purchased.

Been using it for years and never saw the sticker.
I was a PT manager at AZ for a while and we had stickers for a lot of products that indicated diesel only. Perhaps some energetic parts monkey marked it in error.

Regards
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
DA KAR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a larger bottle of Chevron that says Delo on it and it says it is for Diesel's.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM
chai1836
Racer

I will post the exact message tomorrow and maybe you guys can tell me if I'm just crazy (not the first time I would have heard that)
Old 02-05-2007, 04:41 PM
JEEP/C5
Burning Brakes

I just purchased 2 bottles of Techron Saturday. The bottle says "Chevron - Techron Concentrate Plus - Fuel System Cleaner - Exclusive Synthetic Formula" 12 OZ and the UPC # is 23968-67740 on back. No orange lable at all. This is the one with the carboard tag on it that shows the valves and how it cleans the top end. It does not say anything about using in Diesel but it does talk about "Gaasoline" and "octane" and it says NOT for TWO STROKE ENGINES. Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
charlene
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

A quick question i have sta-bile in my gas tank for the winter storage.i have never used Techron can you mix the both when i start driving the car in april or should i wait until i fill the car up again with new gas?And is techron really needed for the car? She only has 6000 miles on her Thanks Charlene
Old 02-05-2007, 04:59 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 144 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by charlene
A quick question i have sta-bile in my gas tank for the winter storage.i have never used Techron can you mix the both when i start driving the car in april or should i wait until i fill the car up again with new gas?And is techron really needed for the car? She only has 6000 miles on her Thanks Charlene
You can probally mix, but I would not. A little" FUN" driving and you will need gas.

Many C5s (mine did) can use a can every now and then to keep the fuell gage honest. (much cheaper & safer) than letting the shopboys rip things apart. If you fuel gage does act up put a can in every couple tankfulls & in most cases all will be well. Then go back to a can on ocassion
FWIW Im assuming you do not have Chevron gas in your area. I did not and the techron worked out good.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEP/C5
I just purchased 2 bottles of Techron Saturday. The bottle says "Chevron - Techron Concentrate Plus - Fuel System Cleaner - Exclusive Synthetic Formula" 12 OZ and the UPC # is 23968-67740 on back. No orange lable at all. This is the one with the carboard tag on it that shows the valves and how it cleans the top end. It does not say anything about using in Diesel but it does talk about "Gaasoline" and "octane" and it says NOT for TWO STROKE ENGINES. Hope this helps.

Shouldn't you be using the 20 ounce size for your Vette?
Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,672 Likes on 1,295 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by rws.1
Me either.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Spark 2
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Default Techron additive

I asked the same question about mixing Sta-bil and Techron.

I planned on adding the Techron in the Spring to a tank of gas treated

with Sta-bil. Never received an answer from Techron but received the

following answer from Marketing at Gold Eagle (parent company):

"It'll be fine to add the fuel system cleaner to stabilized gas".
Old 02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

The same should apply for Techron fuel additive.

http://www.goldeagle.com/heet/faqs_h...ct=HEET&ID=182

Why does the Iso-HEET product I use in my gasoline engine have a diesel additive compliance sticker on the side of the bottle?
On June 1, 2006, the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel (ULSD) regulation went into effect. This regulation, mandated by the EPA, was created to reduce emissions in 2007 or newer model diesel vehicles by lowering the sulfur content of diesel fuel to less than 15 parts per million. This regulation requires that ALL diesel fuel additive products must be labeled or stickered stating whether the product complies with the new ULSD regulations (contains less than 15 ppm sulfur), or does not comply (contains more than 15 ppm sulfur). Because our Iso-HEET product is safe for diesel engines, and does reference diesel fuel on the back label, this product is required to be labeled. Iso-HEET does comply with the new ULSD regulations, containing less than 15 ppm sulfur, and is completely safe to use in all models of diesel engine.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
OzzyC4
Drifting

Googled Techron diessel fuel conditioner and this came up:

Powerful fuel additive. Unbeatable in cleaning fuel injectors, intake valves & combustion chambers of gasoline-fueled cars and light-duty trucks. Can also be used with diesel fuel in light-duty, direct and indirect injected diesel engines. Can restore power & performance due to carbon buildup in one tankful. Use every 3,000 miles to keep entire fuel system clean. 12 oz. bottle treats up to 12 gals.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
zTrek
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by charlene
There shouldn't be any problem mixing the two. Although the Stabil and Techron have different missions in life, they also have some overlapping ones. If you are driving the car on a regular basis, you can probably get by using the Techron every 2nd or 3rd tank. The stabil is better if you are storing a vehicle or are letting the gas sit in the tank for long prolonged periods of time between drives. The techron is great for keeping your system clean and keeping the fuel gauge sensor happy. They both have some fuel system cleaning and moisture removing properties. No problem mixing them, but no need to in most instances.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
JEEP/C5
Burning Brakes

If you can find 20 oz, my bottle says pour contents in tank and fill up with 12 gallons of gas. Just get a half of tank or so, I dont worry about having exactly 12 gallons. I have been using techron ever since I was told by a Toyota mechanic to use one to clean my injectors and he thought it was the best one on the market. That was about 18 years ago and ever since then I try to use it twice a year in all of my cars and I never had any issues with clog injectors or fuel sensors.

Originally Posted by Cruncher
Shouldn't you be using the 20 ounce size for your Vette?
Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 AM
rrichar2591
Drifting

Received 326 Likes on 182 Posts

Also for what it's worth, my neighbor works for the Chevron Oil refinery just south of here. He loves Techron but suggests using it just before an oil change as some of the deposits that are removed by the
Techron end up in the oil.

Get notified of new replies

To Techron additive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Techron additive.