Sponsored by:

Egged while cruising on the highway = shattered Light Cannon

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette
Im not sure but**** is not censored either. I noticed it in another thread the other day. I added the asterisks in this one.
the f-bomb is censored unless the poster adds some spaces.. *** is not censored by the forum software.
Of course you know there is a rule..
Inappropriate language

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Forum’s software is set up to block certain words and terms we consider to be inappropriate for use on the site. Typically, the words and terms included are those that are crude, vulgar and/or involve racial epithets.

That does not mean the software will block all inappropriate words or phrases. Setting it up to do so would be an exercise in futility because we wouldn’t be able to identify everything that should be included or the exceptions when the term or phrase would be acceptable in a particular context.

Altering the spelling of words/terms to bypass the blocking feature of the software is in conflict with Forum rules. Moderators try to show some tolerance if the word/term is altered enough so as not to be blatant. As a guideline, moderators often will ignore an otherwise inappropriate word or term so long as at least two letters of the word/term have been omitted or changed to symbols, although that should not be interpreted as a license to sprinkle inappropriate language with symbols in a thread.

Moderators cannot ignore words/terms (even with altered spellings) that are used to convey hostility toward other Forum members.

It's also inappropriate, of course, to introduce inappropriate language to the Forum via images or links.

The judgment of moderators will be final in such issues because the moderators are charged with using their best judgment in maintaining a level of civility that ensures the Forum is a fun and friendly place for Corvette enthusiasts to hang around.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Bop Bop
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the misfortune but those punks will get what they deserve somewhere down the line! I had a neighbor kid egg my Z-71 years ago...now he is locked up on more serious charges.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
MG RED 99
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unbelievable, sorry to hear that
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 PM
silverbullit99
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
Holy crap? An egg did that much damage? Sux.

Sorry to see this. Best of luck with repairs.
Must have been hard boiled Sorry not funny, sucks how people do such stupid things. Brainless idiots.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:57 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

i think if the egg wasnt frozen it would still have broken the glass. the shell is thin, but it has a LOT of momentum going 150 mph. sorry to hear about this. i would probably hunt down the person who did it if i could find them.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:25 PM
AustinVetteFan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With enough velocity, even something as light and harmless as foam can have devastating results. Remember the space shuttle Columbia? A chunk of insulating foam from the external tank punched holes in the leading edge of the wing that was reinforced with carbon-carbon, one of the hardest materials aerospace science has invented. An egg shattering tempered glass at 150 mph? Not surprising at all. Kids being unaware of that? Again, not surprising at all. Kids having no respect for other people's property? Appalling, but still not surprising, unfortunately.

Glad you're ok, j0n. And props to George (TheRadioflyer) for going above and beyond to help you get the Light Cannon repaired!

Last edited by AustinVetteFan; 09-14-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

HOLY CRAP! If that hit your windshield that would have been 100x worse!!!

Technically, I guess, you're lucky! My dad got egged too and it left the same nasty chunky mark that others on this forum noted.

Some people on here are talking about Karma and how this guy will get his in the end... Personally I think that Karma works too slowly for my taste.

I hope you called the Highway Patrol about this. And I'm glad you're OK.

Aerovette, I totally understand. If I were her father, I'd be waiting for that guy to get out of jail just so I could put him in the hospital. And believe me, I'd make sure he survives just enough to want to kill himself. I know that sounds awful, but if someone did that to my daughter, jail would be the only place you're safe from me.

Quick Reply: Egged while cruising on the highway = shattered Light Cannon