Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaner TB

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Mike99FRC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark is a great guy who does great work. He did my TB on my 98 WS6. I had his S3. He'll talk to u on the phone about cars. He loves the hobby alot.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Dumb question time!! Is a ported/modded TB worthwhile on a stock setup?? Only mods I have are a Blackwing and Corsa pipes!!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:45 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by itzza427
Dumb question time!! Is a ported/modded TB worthwhile on a stock setup?? Only mods I have are a Blackwing and Corsa pipes!!
Some say yes, some say no...

I for one drove my car just before the install just so I could guage any difference. That included dead stop punching the gas, throttle stabs, mid rpm punches, etc...

After the instal I can say "YES"... a lil better sense of urgency down where the midrange starts, and the throttle stabs were diffinately stronger.

This was on a stock '01Zo6 that only had a Blackwing.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
thechosenone
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua

I for one drove my car just before the install just so I could guage any difference. That included dead stop punching the gas, throttle stabs, mid rpm punches, etc...

After the instal I can say "YES"... a lil better sense of urgency down where the midrange starts, and the throttle stabs were diffinately stronger.

!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:42 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SoSlow1
Bought a used Shaner off the parts section on this forum and was well worth the money spent..
Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua

Thanks,,I'm guessing mid-range up should be a little more fun too!! Might just have to put this on my wish list too!!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I assume that this will be a great compliment to the Vararam, right?

Has anyone actually dyno'd their cars before and after this and seen gains? SOTP feel is important, and it looks like it's unanimous that you can feel the difference.

I'm thinking of having this done after seeing his website. So let me get this straight, he sends you a ported (and polished if optioned) TB, you send yours back for the core charge to be returned, right? How much more open is the TB? Is this comparable to a 90mm TB? And is the opening larger than the stock LS6 manifold's?

Quick Reply: Shaner TB