Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Pioneer 2011

CES 2011: Pioneer Expands Pandora Integration in New In-dash Units

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 -- Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. has announced that nine of its 2011 automotive in-dash products offer full Pandora streaming and control through a connected Apple iPhone. Pioneer’s latest Pandora offerings expand throughout its car electronics lineup with two CD players, three audio/video, two digital media players and two navigation systems; with suggested prices starting as low as $150.
New to its CD player line, Pandora capability is integrated into two units, the DEH-P6300UB and the DEH-P8300UB. With a connected iPhone, users can view and select Pandora stations stored on their Pandora account directly on the CD player and use other functions in the Pandora app, such as pausing and skipping tracks, bookmarking songs and/or artists, and thumbing up or down the currently playing song. These units also feature Pioneer’s Advanced Sound Retriever technology.
The Pioneer DEH-6300UB.
The DEH-P6300UB features MP3/WMA/AAC playback, USB connectivity, two-line LCD display (12-character), Radio Data Service (RDS), 5-Band equalizer, MOSFET 50W x 4, dual RCA outputs and auxiliary input. The DEH-P8300UB adds a third RCA high voltage output, signature Organic Electroluminescent display and optional Bluetooth capability with a CD-BTB200 (sold separately). The DEH-P6300UB and the DEH-P8300UB are currently available for a suggested price of $150 and $180, respectively. These units feature Pioneer’s Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) technology, which makes up for audio quality reduction in compressed files.
The Pioneer AVH-P3300BT.
The newest entries in Pioneer’s AVH series audio video systems, the AVH-P3300BT, also feature integrated Pandora and can display of album art, artist, and song information. They also offer touchscreen control of thumbs up and down, pause, track skip and more on the TFT displays.
The AVH-P3300BT features 5.8-inch TFT touchscreen display, three 4-Volt preamp outputs, DVD/CD playback, DivX/MP3/WMA/AAC, aux in, built-in Bluetooth, dual zone and auto equalizer. The AVH-P4300DVD features a larger 7-inch screen, rear USB connection, rear aux in and optional Bluetooth (CD-BTB200). The AVH-P6300BT is a single-DIN unit with a motorized 7-inch touchscreen display, front USB, front auxiliary input and built-in Bluetooth.
In addition to iPod/iPhone control in all of Pioneer’s A/V offerings, each unit also features Pioneer’s App Mode feature, which can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand brake is fully engaged, and lets users view a connected iPhone’s video content from Safari, YouTube and other select apps directly on the 5.8-inch, 6.1-inch or 7-inch high-resolution screen.
Pioneer’s AVH-P3300BT, AVH-P4300DVD and AVH-P6300BT Audio/Video players will be available in January 2011 for a suggested price of $450, $500 and $700, respectively.
The company’s new digital media receivers, the MVH-P7300 and MVH-P8300BT, also feature Pandora compatibility. Each unit’s 3-inch widescreen TFT color display provides Pandora information including the album art, artist, and song information. The MVH digital media receivers are designed for media playback using the iPod, USB storage devices and SD memory cards in addition to AM/FM radio. Both receivers offer three sets of 4-Volt preamp outputs, DivX/MP3/WMA/AAC file playback, aux input, iPod/iPhone control, auto EQ and Advanced Sound Retriever. The MVH-P8300BT also incorporates Bluetooth capability for hands-free calling. Pioneer’s new App Mode is also featured in both players and enables the viewing of a connected iPhone’s video content from Safari, YouTube and other select apps directly.
The MVH-P7300 and MVH-P8300BT will be available in February for a suggested price of $270 and $330, respectively.
The Pioneer AVIC-X930BT.
Pioneer’s 2011 line of AVIC series navigation systems, the AVIC-X930BT and AVIC-Z130BT, still provide Pandora integration. They also each feature a high-resolution WVGA touchscreen display (and can display Pandora album art, artist, and song information). Three lines of information listing album, artists and song names are displayed alongside Pandora playback controls such as track pause, track skip and thumbs up and down.
Aha Radio service is a feature added to 2011 line of in-dash navigation models and provides the ability to conveniently connect drivers to the world around them with on-demand, interactive, personalized radio. Via an iPhone with the free Aha Radio Mobile App connected to the new AVIC systems, users can listen to the latest traffic conditions on their current road or commute road, listen to Facebook and Twitter updates, access hundreds of podcasts and other services such as the “Hungry” and “Coffee” stations, which deliver real-time vicinity search results and directions to preferred restaurant categories listed on Yelp. Aha Radio offers over 100 content and podcast stations that can be accessed and controlled directly on the display of the Pioneer system. Both models will also feature App Mode and enable the viewing of a connected iPhone’s video content from Safari, YouTube and other select apps directly.
The AVIC-X930BT features a high resolution 6.1-inch WVGA touch screen display for superior image quality. In addition, the unit includes three preamp outputs, DVD/CD playback, DivX/MP3/WMA/AAC file playback, microSD card slot, USB connection, MusicSphere, HD Radio® capability with the optional GEX-P20HD tuner, SIRIUS XM satellite radio ready, back up camera ready, built in Bluetooth, dual zone and auto equalizer. Users can access and see live traffic information via Radio Data Service-Traffic Message Channel (RDS-TMC) with the optional Pioneer ND-TMC10 traffic tuner.
The AVIC-Z130BT further features a 7-inch WVGA high resolution screen, three sets of 4-Volt preamp outputs, a full-size SD card slot, and a motorized face with adjustable tilt. The built-in voice recognition engine allows spoken commands to be used to control key features of the system including address input by voice. Pioneer’s ND-TMC10 traffic tuner is included with the AVIC-Z130BT.
Pioneer’s AVIC-X930BT and AVIC-Z130BT will be available in March 2011 for a suggested price of $800 and $1200, respectively.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,667 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Very cool Dennis. Is the AVH P3300B7 (second picture) a 1.5 head unit? The screen/face looks smaller than the standard double din NAV system.

Also, will you be selling the Kenwood line in 2011 as well. I'm still planning to complete my mod as soon as things settle down a bit.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Simonmcnasty
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dennis have you heard any rumors about when or if Pioneer will come out with an app to stream Pandora from an Android phone?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Z06seal
Pro

MVH-P8300BT

is that a single din?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Z06seal
Pro

Originally Posted by Simonmcnasty
Dennis have you heard any rumors about when or if Pioneer will come out with an app to stream Pandora from an Android phone?
now that would be cool, but doubt anytime soon

ya know, there are more android phones out there yet there still isn't much support for them.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by MSG C5
Very cool Dennis. Is the AVH P3300B7 (second picture) a 1.5 head unit? The screen/face looks smaller than the standard double din NAV system.

Also, will you be selling the Kenwood line in 2011 as well. I'm still planning to complete my mod as soon as things settle down a bit.

ITS A DOUBLE DIN

tHE kENWOOD
6960 REPLACEMENT WILL GET THE 9960 FIRMWARE AND NAV FEATURES
9960 WILL HAVE NEW FIRMWARE INCLUDING UPGRADED NAV, UPGRADED IPOD FEATURES AND WILL BE A LITTLE FATSER

6960 REPLACEMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FEB.
9960 REPLACEMENT WILL BE AVAILBLE IN MARCH

I WILL BE TAKING PREORDERS FOR ALL PIONEER AND KENWOOD AS SOON AS I GET PRICING AND AN ESTIMATED SHIP DATE
THIS WAY YOU GUYS CAN BE THE FIRST TO GET THEM
Old 01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I have had a couple people tell me this is already possible on the 920 with a android 2.2
maybe someone can tell us for sure

i have a blackberry so not much choice for me

i am sure pioneer and kenwood are working on something
Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Z06seal
MVH-P8300BT

is that a single din?

yes its a single din
Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Simonmcnasty
Pro

now that would be cool, but doubt anytime soon

ya know, there are more android phones out there yet there still isn't much support for them.
Very true...androids are kicking the crap out of the Iphones in the market place....but the support is lagging. Id love to be able to stream my Droid X through my Z120bt.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

the suggested retails for the 930 and z130 are 200.00 less this year as well.
Thats always a good sign for everyone

will be fun to see what i can do for pricing on these.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Z06seal
Pro

Thanks Dennis!

any pics of it? I tihnk that'll be the one Ig et.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Thanks Dennis!

any pics of it? I tihnk that'll be the one Ig et.

no not yet
i am hoping to have Pioneer pricing as soon as tomorrow

pics and alot more info should follow in next few weeks.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Z06seal
Pro

awesome! I'll be following the MVH-P8300BT.

I really want a double din, but don't think I can dish out a grand now. so at least this way I still get BT and pandora features.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 AM
chevbowtie22
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. That's great info. Thanks Dennis. Now I just need to see what Alpine has up their sleeves.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

awesome! I'll be following the MVH-P8300BT.

I really want a double din, but don't think I can dish out a grand now. so at least this way I still get BT and pandora features.

I have a feeling there is going to be alot of nice options this year
Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by chevbowtie22
Wow. That's great info. Thanks Dennis. Now I just need to see what Alpine has up their sleeves.

working on finding out now
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

So frustrated about this! Just contacted pioneer to ask the same.

Dennis...do you know if an android (specifically my HTC Evo) can at least stream audio via bluetooth with the pioneer units?

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer 2011

Old 01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

haha...we both knew this was coming in 2011...Pandora and it's imitators are going to kill satellite radio...no one really wants subscription radio....and the traffic info is priceless along with Nav...a perfect combo combined with weather reports. I may be able to salvage my hydro bezel by picking up a single DIN from you, but still not ruling out a DD. I'll be watching your specials, Dennis.

Jerry

Guys, you can zero in on what interests you here....

http://ces.cnet.com/

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 01-06-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
chevbowtie22
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've seen what Alpine has to offer and honestly I'm not impressed. Their Camaro they did was pretty sweet though. Unless I get a ridiculous deal on the INA-W910 I'll probably end up with the Pioneer brand. Which one I have no idea yet. I was really hoping for a DVD double din that was not a nav unit from Alpine. I have a Garmin for the very few times that I actually need it. Oh well.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 668 Likes on 290 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Dennis
A couple of questions for you:

Which Avic unit is pictured above? I assume it's the X930BT, since it appears to have a micro-SD slot and not the full size SD slot. If that is the case, will the Z130BT also have a "dial" for the volume, like the photo above or does the larger screen size remove the dial? I perfer the dial, over the +/- buttons for volume.

Can you confirm how many contacts can be stored in each of these units? My preseny Avic unit only holds 400 contacts in it's memory and I have nearly 600 on the phone. So my Avic contacts stop at the letter "S".

Have the aftermarket units caught up to select OEM and windshield GPS, in that you can enter destinations and POI while moving? I would never do this personally, but my passenger would.
I know there are ways to defeat this safety measure, but I would rather it come that way.

Both X930 and Z130 come with Navigation for the prices you mentioned? I heard rumblings that Navaigation might not be included to get a lower starting price and you could add nav, if you wanted it.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer 2011