Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did my inner front brake pad wear faster?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM
BenC5
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went and changed out the drivers-side pads last night. Thank you Chevrolet/Corvette designers for making the C5 pads the easiest to change. It is one 15mm bolt and the caliper swings down on the lower bolt and the pads and spring-clips just slide/pop in and out.

Undoing all the lugnuts takes more time than taking out the old pads and clips and putting in the new ones.

Again, the pistons pushed in easily with just my bare hands but I will keep an eye out for leaks for sure, thanks ittza427.

The inner pad was also worn more than the outer but not as worn as the passengers side was but it was good that I had changed them anyway as it is nice knowing I have a brand new set in the front.

By the looks of it, the old pads were definitely different than the OEM/Stock C5 pads I bought from the dealership. I got the car 2 years ago with 32,505 and now have 65,200 so it could be that some pads were put in before the car going up for sale and right before I bought it.

I did "ranger" out some brake fluid before pushing the pistons back in. My pedal feels much better than before, much firmer and a shorter travel which is all good.

I'll just have to take the time and do a full bleed, maybe tonight or over the weekend sometime as I do have a MityVac.

I'll always post back up as I do love this site, perfect for stuff like this. No "drive-by's" for me. 2 years ago when I was considering a C5, I came on and did searches, asked my questions and got the help I needed. I was NOT a car guy by any means. I was a motorcycle/dirtbike guy. I think I have posted more on this site than all the other forums I'm a part of.

Last edited by BenC5; 02-25-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Why did my inner front brake pad wear faster?