Sponsored by:

Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:37 PM
gwalker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Major Dump
I hate the look of travel buddy and the ghetto universal cup holders on plexiglass. Although I do have a Travel buddy on order as a stop gap until something that doesn't look like a bucket of *** comes along.

Friend of mine has a pretty great looking set of cup holders in his Z4, they are apparently making some more universal cup holders that will work in the vette eventually. The cup sits on the floor out of the way of your legs, its surprisingly stable too. He asked for some measurements of my tunnel but I haven gotten around to actually doing it yet.

I have the single and double. They both look stock (cheap), if you just put a standard water bottle in it, the top rubs the dash. I do use it to hold sunglass case, ipod, gum, garage door opener. So if you are not looking for a cup holder they are great.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Sportysturgeon
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brilliant-thx

Originally Posted by az57chevy
I found if you tore the end of a Koozie (insulated can holder) off, it will squish into our cup holder and offer much needed height to hold a drink.

in place

I also bought a short piece of Plexiglass and installed two of the collapsing cup holders (from a RV store) in a staggered fashion (like Girl-in-a-box). The benefit is the holders hold to about a half inch thickness when not in use. Staggered mount allows for handles to not conflict or touch.
Wow, thats the best solution to the cup holder deficit i have seen, thank you ever so!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

Most people don't even notice my dual travel buddy unless my big *** coffee cup is in it.

I love it. I also found if I keep my phone in the front cup, my phone doesn't burn up like it does in the OE holder.

Its a cup holder, did you want it bedazeled?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Tru Blu
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Hudson
I see old threads on search

Whats the latest & greatest - I see them for 9 bucks to 70 bucks!

Dual cup or single cup?

I did see a H cup thread on search but the mods closed that thread down

Thanks - tom
I use the dual cup Travel Buddy. No complaints. Takes about 1 second to install, no drilling tape or anything else it's just wedged in there so you can remove it any time you want. C5's have lots of footwell room so it doesn't get in the way.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:31 PM
66dts-v
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 65 Posts

I guess my requirements were simple.

1. Does it hold my cup? (I have a 22oz coffee cup)
2. Does it REALLY hold my cup? (spirited driving)
3. Can it hold 2 cups? (my lady rides with me sometimes)

My Travel Buddy fit all those requirements. I guess I never put much thought into the looks. Its black, my interior is black/gray, it works.

Quick Reply: Cup Holder