Sponsored by:

Just Another Tire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 PM
corvetteandsilverado
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardLOU
Come on! Hanhook, Falken and Nitro are LOW rated tires, not for a Corvette. Go LOOK at Consumer Reports. Highest ranked UP tires were Cooper Zeon RS3-S (summer). In November, I purchased ONLINE a matching set of 4 for a 2001 coupe. I paid $554.42 (incl freight, rebate, no tax) and they came from Treadepot in Ellenwood, GA. These tires are SO quiet and excellent so far. (shop for local installation...I paid $75 to balance and install the set.)
This is a perfect example of someone that has no clue about tires! This is why you can't take any consumer report serious. Nittos are amazing tires, thats why alot of people on this forum run them. My best friend owns a tire shop and we have sold a ton of nitto tires I run them on everything. Nitto trail grapplers on my diesel, invos on my camaro and nt555r on my Zo6. This guy wants to recommend a tire I wouldn't give you 5 dollars for . I love this forum for the most part but you always get some expert that has no idea what their talking about. Nitto has done all the R&D on there tires and are proven to be amazing rather your stock or high HP.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:34 PM
tsbbzm
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by roscoe118
Bought some CCW wheels, that had Hankook Ventus V12s on them, from a forum member and have been running them for about 3 months now. I am very pleased with their performance so far.

Originally Posted by corvettedaddy11
I love my Hankook V12's , very sticky and grips great..!
275 on front and 305 out back

Originally Posted by corvette77
They handle great in the rain, and on dry pavement. I will be putting on another set once these are finished.

Quick Reply: Just Another Tire Thread