Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

C-5 is a better looking car.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Red Vamp
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
If I could afford one right now, I'd have my order in for a C7. Perhaps in a couple of year when I can find a low mileage used one I will make the jump. Love everything about the car.
I love it too, but I wouldn't buy the first year of a new generation just to be "the first on the block". Better versions (Z06) will come out in a few years. Anyone who knocks the C7 is really saying "I can't afford one".

PS I can't afford one either, but still love it!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Lol@people on the C5 forum talking about the "camaro taillights" still.

I was dead set on buying a C5 until i seen the unveil of the C7. Then i saw one in person and that did it for me. I still may pick up a high mileage C5z for a cheap beater in the near future to hold me over. Those who say the c5 is better than the c7 are in serious denial.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Torque Obsessed
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by RC000E
The C7 is slated to go C6Z or better times at the Nurburgring, not to mention it has record setting brakes and stock handling.
Speaking of, I was just looking at some spy shots of the new Lambo Gallardo replacement going around the 'Ring. And guess what was behind it in the pics? A C7. I can't wait to see the times!
Old 09-29-2013, 06:55 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Went to see the C7's today. Local dealer was super PO'd. When I asked if they had any C7s, the response was "yeah, 20 of them fell into a black hole between here and Bowling Green". Not a happy camper. They're hoping to get 4 during the week.
But while I was there, they had a great looking 13' Cyber Gray C6 coupe........
Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Vamp
I love it too, but I wouldn't buy the first year of a new generation just to be "the first on the block". Better versions (Z06) will come out in a few years. Anyone who knocks the C7 is really saying "I can't afford one".

That's where you are wrong ! I paid cash for my C5 and had the cash at the time to buy a brand new C6 but hated them and still do. And now there is the C7 which I dislike more than the C6 , so now I should buy one just to please you ?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

That's funny.... I'm happy you have the ability to know what people are really saying. Are you a politician?
Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Na4now
Racer

Its definitely nice, but the c5 is a pertier car than the c7...and the c6.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I agree with not buying the first year, and maybe 2 or 3, but then you lost all credibility. I bet I can afford a C7. I can pay cash, write a check, cash in a jumbo, sell off stock, get a home equity loan, finance it anywhere, take out a 401k loan, or charge it to one of 2 cards with a high enough limit. But I don't want one. If I did, I'd have it. I am boat shopping though because I want one and I can afford it. Sorry you can't, but when you grow up and save some money, maybe you can?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Sh*t...every review by every automotive mag and blog out there has been that the C7 changed the benchmark...changed the game. The C7 is slated to go C6Z or better times at the Nurburgring, not to mention it has record setting brakes and stock handling.

Anyone that says going from a C5 to a C7 is stepping down, is very misinformed. I will tell you, as someone who was at the reveal in Detroit, as well as Bowling Green around several C7's in April...pics don't do the car justice. In person...it's a sick car...period. The taillights are badass at night...and in person, they look awesome. The C7 dates anything it sits next to shy of an Aventador.

The Z06 (though everyone insists on calling it a Z07 with no indication that's what it'll be) has already been spotted in camo. The CAD exists and was leaked showing it is widebody and by all indications, supercharged.

The 7th gen is the Corvette to own...end of story.
They have said that about every vette and others have said they didn't like the new vette.

I personally don't care for the hatchback style. It looks good on the later C3 and the C4, not the C5 or the C6. That's just my personal tastes. I like them all actually but will only have my FRC C5.

I like the C7 as well, but I won't buy one. Too much money for me and I have too many other toys anyway. It will be interesting to see if the quality has improved though. I've been disappointed on previous generation's quality myself.

I do see they kept the C5 side mirrors.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 PM
moncal90
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts

I won't be replacing my C5 with a C7 but someday I will be adding a C7 to go right next to my C5. I'm waiting on the Z model of the C7 since I didn't get the C5Z when I ordered my baby back in 2002.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
woodman300
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Default i like the C7

i went to 2 dealers to look at them. first one let look and sit in the car but didn't know too much about them. he was nice though. the car was sitting around the back and he said it was not sold yet and they would be asking 5k above sticker.

went to the second dealer where i have bought 2 other cars over the years and they saw me drive up and park my C5 right by the door. i then see the lights flash on the vette parked in the showroom. i think 'cool, they opened it for me to check out'. wrong. i walked over to it with 5 or 6 dealers looking at me and i try the doors and they are locked. they see me trying to open the doors, looking thru the windows and... nothing. i walk toward the Impala and i now get some attention. i ask him if that vette is already sold and he says no. i also see a helper wipe off the vette after i touched it. i guess they figure they have enough buyers that they can dis-respect a few. i won't be buying any new car at that dealer again. i know its a little thing but they made me feel like i wasn't good enough to even look at the thing.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

If the streets don't dramatically improve around here, I won't be buying any more Corvettes (looks like I will be stopping on this, my 10th one). I am thinking of buying a locomotive or something more appropriate for theses railroad tracks they call streets now.

The video, however, was very accurate - looks great, sounds great, nice little spoiler on the back (needed for those 200mph+ trips down to 7/11) and 90% of the time the car was sitting in neutral waiting on a break in the traffic flow just to get on the street! Where I live now, if you want to get somewhere fast, just walk.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:21 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Sh*t...every review by every automotive mag and blog out there has been that the C7 changed the benchmark...changed the game. The C7 is slated to go C6Z or better times at the Nurburgring, not to mention it has record setting brakes and stock handling.

Anyone that says going from a C5 to a C7 is stepping down, is very misinformed. I will tell you, as someone who was at the reveal in Detroit, as well as Bowling Green around several C7's in April...pics don't do the car justice. In person...it's a sick car...period. The taillights are badass at night...and in person, they look awesome. The C7 dates anything it sits next to shy of an Aventador.

The Z06 (though everyone insists on calling it a Z07 with no indication that's what it'll be) has already been spotted in camo. The CAD exists and was leaked showing it is widebody and by all indications, supercharged.

The 7th gen is the Corvette to own...end of story.
the michelin pss is what changed the game. all these new cars pulling 1.15g and the like cornering are wearing the same tire.

would be curious to see if the c7 performs any better than the grand sport if the both shared the same tire
Old 10-02-2013, 03:08 AM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is my .02 I wont pay 80k+ for a freaking car sorry bad investment not into the Keeping up with the Jones. I get plenty of smiles and waves and compliments in the C5. I bought my C5 in cash when it was worth it 30k and the 1st owner saved all the miles for me I put more miles on it the first yr then he did in 7 yrs.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:20 AM
jdot
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woodman was lucky; at least he got to see one AND touch it. My local Chevy dealer told me they will NOT be getting any C7s since they didn't sell any 2013s. Don't know when or where I'll have to go to get a look at a new one. Probably just take the plant tour when they start again.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Jims79
Safety Car

As soon as my lotto #'s hit the order will be in for a new Zo7 haha
But I will always keep my C5 and just mod it for fun and racing.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody making the step up to a C7?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Na4now
Racer

If I ever spent that much on a car, it'd be some kind of super resto mod or something. Course, there was a time when I wouldn't drive more than a $10k car. Now, I wont drive more than a $30k one. So maybe I'll try a c7 in like 5-10yrs. But I still think my old coupe looks better.

Woodman300, I'd be so pissed if some car salesmen did that to me. I've been a car dealer for 4 years, and understand why they have such a bad name.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM
JetMechZ16
Race Director

Received 146 Likes on 30 Posts

I really can't judge just yet,, I'm gonna have to wait till I see one in person. My feelings are leaning towards no right now though, for the same reason I didn't get a C6. I don't like the back ends of either of them. C6 is too tall in the back, and C7 is just way too busy back there.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
CaliforniaJack
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Someone has to buy the first few years.........

As an Engineer, I know that bugs are addressed based on feedback from the field. I waited four years after introduction of the C5 to order my '00 and it STILL had problems (old tpms system, old intake manifold, etc). There are a lot of special parts out of manufacture for the '97-'98 as GM cost reduced and addressed the problems as they arose. I don't mean to demean anyone brave enough to buy during the learning curve, but I'll review the C7 in a few years after most of the bugs have been addressed.

Quick Reply: Anybody making the step up to a C7?