Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What made you choose your current C5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

At the time 6 years ago I was looking for a different sportscar to compliment my 3000gt. My 3S is fwd non-turbo so I knew this car had to have some push and be RWD. My price range had me narrowed to S2000, 350Z, C5, E46 M3. Drove the C5 and never looked back on the others.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

I always felt the C5 had a classic Corvette appearance and the lines were exceptionally beautiful. So, I searched for a couple of months and finally found a 2003 Spiral Gray manual convertible with low miles in Florida. Flew down and dove it back home. I enjoy just looking at it.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:14 PM
kennedy759
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

when I was much younger I put together a bucket list of cars I wanted to own as follows
muscle car- owned a 70 olds 442 conv 4 spd, sold
mercedes sl- currently own a 88 560 sl
f body- owned and drove to death a 94 firebird formula(LT1)
corvette- own a 97 with everything I want(auto, coupe, mods and repairs bought by previous owners)
57 chevy-still looking
Rolls Royce-still looking for late 50`s early 60`s
Ferrari-looking for magnum PI model
Old 02-16-2014, 01:21 AM
skyvetted
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by James2002z06
Enough said

Mother of god..... That is sexy. Not to say that the others aren't sexy..... but you get the idea...
Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 AM
skyvetted
Heel & Toe

Default Leela

I never liked corvettes growing up. Took two friends to change my mind about all the common misconceptions that everyone has about them. I live in frikkin Texas and drove 10 hours one way to New Mexico to get her from a fellow forum member. My Dad, brother and I road tripped it in dad's 2010 Shelby GT500 to NM to get this 98 Vette. It was like a chapter out of National Lampoons vacation. Stupid things happened there and back. The only thing I'll mention is that the water pump seal had extreme failure hours from home and was dumping coolant at an alarming rate. Had to leave her at a motel parking lot in bum **** Texas and *trust* the key to the motel attendant. $1,500 of tow fees and the next morning she was in the driveway and I had a new water pump in her within 2 hours and I've loved it ever since. Got proper ****ed in many ways but I'm still happy.

UNFORTUNATELY the supercharger and LS1 edit was removed.
Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

Received 894 Likes on 467 Posts

I was 46 years old and at a point in my life that we could afford to buy a new corvette. Looked at c4 because the c5 had just come out and were hard to come by. Stop by a the only dealer in pittsburgh that had them, Drove one and the rest was history. Ordered mine sept. 1997, built dec 97, took delivery jan. 5 1998. 16 years and 43000 miles. Great car
Old 02-16-2014, 02:08 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Went out looking for one. It was the first car lot I came to. Had performance stuff done to it at a good price. So I bought it right then
Old 02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
DSTURBD
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

It was a '99, like my last one. It was black and in pristene condition. It was for sale at a very reasonable price......."Nuff said. Now it is mine and is definitely NOT for sale!!!!

DSTURBD
Old 02-16-2014, 02:33 PM
03 A/E Coupe
Team Owner

Received 196 Likes on 118 Posts

That most awesome 50th cross flag fender badge - Way

Last edited by 03 A/E Coupe; 02-17-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:20 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

I had a 2000 coupe that I loved. Had planned on keeping her and modding her out. That is until "she caught my eye."

Saw a 2003 Z06 on line with 20K, garage kept. Well, I started to lust after her. There she was all decked out in alluring torch red and I knew I just HAD to have her.

I tried telling myself this was wrong, after all I had a good girl. She was sexy, drove well, and was all I needed. I went through all of the emotions, but I just had to meet this super sexy new hottie. No fooling around, was just going to meet her and see her.

That was a huge mistake. I went and saw her in all of her Z glory, sat in her, and turned her key. When she roared to life, once again I told myself this was wrong. There sit my faithful 2000 coupe, beckoning me to stay with her and quit fulfilling my mid life crisis beckonings.

But the Z temptress was not to be outdone. She cooed at me with a winching smile, her 3000.00 chrome leg wheels and flawless completion. "Just take me for a short spin honey" she said with a menancing smile. No use coming this far without the full experience. If you still feel the same after the encounter, you can walk away, no harm done."

My rational brain told me to quickly walk away, but my performance oriented alter-ego would not let me pass up this opportunity. I gave in, let the purr of her charms seduce me, and took her out to experience the full weight of her seduction.

There was no way I could walk away now. She enslaved me, body, soul, and mind. I gave in to my baser desires and took her home. The love affair has not waned, only intensified. Everytime I see her draped in that bewitching torch red dress and hear her purr for my affections, my mind goes numb, and I have to let her have her way with me. She owns me now and I her. She is a perfect specimin of C5 perfection, with nairly a blemish on the grace of performance bliss. With her factory and aftermarket jewels, she is exactly what I want.

I still lust from time to time, but a little seat time brings me back to my senses.

Last edited by bikeriderga; 02-16-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 PM
garllo
Instructor

I loved my'98coupe. I love the C5design and performance characteristics . After about 10 years I wanted a convertible since the98 was a six speed coupe and because of a physical limitation it became harder to drive the manual so I bought my 04 convertible with an automatic. I love it.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:17 PM
stein3282
Instructor

Being 28 at the time I never even considered buying a third car much alone a corvette. BUT one day my golf buddy and I got finished playing 18 and I asked him if he would sell me his vette jokingly. He said sure, I was thinking of going get another one. I asked how much? He said a price south of 11K. We drove straight to the bank.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:27 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by avigar
For me, it was mostly the *** end, the last year of the pop-up headlights ('04), and the overall contour of the C5. Yes, there was just something about that big *** end that always caught my eye. That's why I sold my '91 C4 last year and bought my '04 coupe. The fact that it was also Torch Red, with very low mileage, was another big plus for me.
Exactly the same except my C4 was a 95
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 PM
cessna10
cesssna10
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
The Devil made me do it...

The devil has excellent taste
Old 02-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In order for the wife to agree, It had to be Yellow, Auto, and not black interior!

Her wish was my command!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:36 PM
speets c5
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Vette

I had always thought of getting one, found my black 2000 on a dealers lot with only 36000 miles late 2012. First time I drove it and ran through that 6 speed I was hooked. Was really wanting a C6 but this was in my price range, it already had a corsa exhaust and aftermarket intake. Looked at a couple of C6's and actually liked the C5 interior better. My C5 is a weekend warrior when it is not snowing and makes my week that much better when I can take it out.
Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Arodman
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

2 cars I always wanted when I was young, was a Trans Am and a corvette. as I got older my interests in the covette grew. I picked my 1998 corvette due to the over-all condition, mileage 35K and price. Bought it last July, could not be happier! Working on fixing up the interior seats and carpet.

Get notified of new replies

To What made you choose your current C5?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:34 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
I had a 2000 coupe that I loved. Had planned on keeping her and modding her out. That is until "she caught my eye."

Saw a 2003 Z06 on line with 20K, garage kept. Well, I started to lust after her. There she was all decked out in alluring torch red and I knew I just HAD to have her.

I tried telling myself this was wrong, after all I had a good girl. She was sexy, drove well, and was all I needed. I went through all of the emotions, but I just had to meet this super sexy new hottie. No fooling around, was just going to meet her and see her.

That was a huge mistake. I went and saw her in all of her Z glory, sat in her, and turned her key. When she roared to life, once again I told myself this was wrong. There sit my faithful 2000 coupe, beckoning me to stay with her and quit fulfilling my mid life crisis beckonings.

But the Z temptress was not to be outdone. She cooed at me with a winching smile, her 3000.00 chrome leg wheels and flawless completion. "Just take me for a short spin honey" she said with a menancing smile. No use coming this far without the full experience. If you still feel the same after the encounter, you can walk away, no harm done."

My rational brain told me to quickly walk away, but my performance oriented alter-ego would not let me pass up this opportunity. I gave in, let the purr of her charms seduce me, and took her out to experience the full weight of her seduction.

There was no way I could walk away now. She enslaved me, body, soul, and mind. I gave in to my baser desires and took her home. The love affair has not waned, only intensified. Everytime I see her draped in that bewitching torch red dress and hear her purr for my affections, my mind goes numb, and I have to let her have her way with me. She owns me now and I her. She is a perfect specimin of C5 perfection, with nairly a blemish on the grace of performance bliss. With her factory and aftermarket jewels, she is exactly what I want.

I still lust from time to time, but a little seat time brings me back to my senses.
For a minute you had me drooling over the babe that you was describing , until I realized that you was just describing a Corvette.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:06 AM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

For me it was many things for both cars. My first one was a 99 Nassau Blue 6 speed. I loved the C5 coupe shape and the Color sold me on it.

Them came my Z06. I loved the Z06 body style more than the Coupe but at the time I bought my 99 the Z was far out of my budget. What attracted me to this car was the Body, the extensive list of mods (I think the list of stock parts is much smaller than the list of mods) the LOW miles and the LOW price I paid for it!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:08 AM
OIF2XVET
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I got my 97 in in 05 because I could finally afford a nice car, I got my 98 pace car in 08 cause it stood out and I love the C5 body style.

Quick Reply: What made you choose your current C5?