Sponsored by:

Stainless Works Chambered exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:32 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
The internals to our Retro-Chambered and Turbo-Chambered mufflers are both louvered, they are the reason for the classic muscle car sound. The Turbo-Chambered version will be quieter due to the larger muffler body (5" tall, 9" wide, 14" long) versus the Retro-Chambered 3" body mufflers. The sound will be similar, but as noted quieter with larger bodied Turbo-Chambered mufflers. The Retro-Chambered is a 2.5" system and flows extremely well for its size and would be really loud in a 3" version. The 3" Turbo-Chambered offers excellent flow while maintaining a civilized exhaust note at idle/cruising but opening up for increased sound at full throttle, this change in tone is due to the louvered core. Customers have noted the sound is classic muscle car, but at full throttle its entirely exotic sounding.

We have contacted a few owners of these systems, looking to receive some current feedback on each of the systems.
Thanks. I'm interested in the turbo chambered muffler. Do you happen to know how I would modify my LG streets to fit the 3 inch piping. Right now I have them going into my stock axle back as I try to figure out my muffler issues. I would assume any competent muffler shop would be able cut part of the x pipe that necks down, but really wanted to know if you had any experiences with this combination.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:04 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. Due to the nature of the retro-chambered mufflers, you shouldn't experience any drone and we say this very cautiously as there are many other factors that determine drone, such as engine configuration, tune etc.... As you all know, a stock motor carries a different cam spec versus a highly modified 400+ cubic inch motor and their exhaust not will vary due to exhaust flow, VE efficiency, fuel curve etc..

The video posted shows our Turbo-Chambered mufflers.
What about the video of the Blue Z06?

Last edited by chassed; 05-13-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:52 PM
magnetized
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've placed an order for the chambered system, will post up how it sounds and compare it to the stingers I've currently got.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:06 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Sent you a pm.

You'll probably be more help than the company who makes them..
Old 05-27-2014, 12:47 PM
20Z0602
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on the exhaust??
Old 05-30-2014, 03:03 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Bump
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM
magnetized
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Finally got the system in and installed, in short I'd call it a set of Stingers on steroids. It definitely has more of a 60's burble to it, especially on start up and cruising. It drones more than the Stingers did, especially at lower RPM, but at highway speeds I don't really tell a difference (granted I've got an air leak on the passenger window that tends to drown out a lot of the sound). WOT is pretty much the same, tone is maybe slightly deeper.

The install wasn't bad, the hardest part was grinding the tacks off of the Stingers to remove them. The only thing I don't like is the tips; they are separate from the system and are attached using exhaust clamps. I'll be having someone tack weld them on with the quickness.

I'm working on getting a clip of them outside starting up and revving, will post it when I do. I don't have a fancy camera though so I don't know how well it will turn out. Overall I'm very pleased with them
Old 06-20-2014, 12:33 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Sounds like another drone nightmare.

Thanks for updating tho.

I ordered a Borla ATAK...
Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Do you have headers and cats? When I had the GMMG setup it was raspier when I took the cats out and a lot better when I put them back in.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:05 PM
magnetized
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
Do you have headers and cats? When I had the GMMG setup it was raspier when I took the cats out and a lot better when I put them back in.
They're in the mail actually, LG street series with cats.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:14 PM
magnetized
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09

The following users liked this post:
CaptainMerricka (04-29-2017)
Old 06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
chassed
Melting Slicks

The stingers sound better.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Autoeng
Burning Brakes

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts

I just picked up a 2002 base with the Stainless Works round or "retro" chambered exhaust. Although not the same set up as the 2nd vid posted above and reposted here they sound very similar. I think the round set up I have sounds better though than the chambered version in the video. Last night I had to go into a store and left the car running outside as my wife was in it and it was a hot day and she wanted to stay in the car with the AC. The door was 100 feet away and I was in a busy parking lot. I could hear the rumble easily as I walked in the door of the store. I even mentioned it to my wife of how well it sounded just at idle and how far the sound carried in a busy parking lot. I would not hesitate to put these on my car again. Great sound both at idle and full throttle.

https://stainlessworks.net/about/tec...ssive%20sound.

Last edited by Autoeng; 07-09-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:12 PM
workmanw
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 517 Likes on 292 Posts

I had them on my car. I loved them. Nice low rumble, no drone, screams at open throttle. I recently swapped the cause they would not fit with my new bumper. I traded them to a shop to do the install of my new exhaust and the bumper. They are in perfect condition, they'll probably sell them to you. Here is a clip. Pictured are the custom tips I had on them. They have both these and the stock tips.

Quick Reply: Stainless Works Chambered exhaust??