Sponsored by:

Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:29 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

lg's customer service is also not an issue so that should be factored into the price... they have been nothing but helpful anytime I had a question or concern
Old 07-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
Would I be doing any harm by lowering my car now (removing front bolts + longer rear bolts) until my coilovers arrive in a few weeks/months?

As far as I know if I get a quality set of coils I have to remove the front and rear bolts anyways, as well as the leaf springs am I right ?
Yes, when doing a coilover upgrade on a C5 you have to remove the leaf springs and bolts obviously. Honestly if you're getting them in a few months, I would just max out the stock bolts (don't cut the bushings!) and wait until you get the coils. This way, not only will your height change, but your performance will drastically as well.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:37 PM
reath1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
lg's customer service is also not an issue so that should be factored into the price... they have been nothing but helpful anytime I had a question or concern
Please refer to this thread for preface:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...some-help.html

Now, a very similar, but different instance just happened to me.

EXCEPT the parts "being left out" was the fault of my vendor, Dennis Dummer of DoubleD Mods, and NOT the fault of the manufacturer as the above case.

Scott, from Stance, is sending the parts out to me that I ASKED FOR BUT WERE NOT EVEN ORDERED BY DENNIS, and they will arrive to me Thursday. Two days! AT NO COST FOR THE PARTS OR SHIPPING!

Now, please tell me more about LG's customer service, at a much higher price point, I might add?

I don't care if my car rides like a wagon after I get these installed. Stance just gained me as a customer for life!

Last edited by reath1; 07-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Vettelover1990
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
Agreed! If you ever have any questions with any of their products, give them a call and they will stay on the phone with you as long as you need until you've found your answer. A lot more than I can say for other companies.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 02:09 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by reath1

EXCEPT the parts "being left out" was the fault of my vendor, Dennis Dummer of DoubleD Mods, and NOT the fault of the manufacturer as the above case.

Scott, from Stance, is sending the parts out to me that I ASKED FOR BUT WERE NOT EVEN ORDERED BY DENNIS, and they will arrive to me Thursday. Two days! AT NO COST FOR THE PARTS OR SHIPPING!

Now, please tell me more about LG's customer service, at a much higher price point, I might add?

I don't care if my car rides like a wagon after I get these installed. Stance just gained me as a customer for life!
I certainly see your point and I wasn't trying to diss stance in any way but in my personal experience with lg they have always been helpful and being someone that has dealt with some really sh*tty companies in the past will make you realize when you come across a good one... again this is just my own personal experience, surely there's going to be someone that isn't happy but it's impossible to make everyone happy... I'm looking forward to your impressions when you get the coilovers installed... regardless of which way we choose to go, as consumers it's always good to have choices and not be stuck with just one option
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 02:50 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I'm not thinking that that is what he meant. He can clarify, but that would lead me to believe that they cannot be rebuilt anywhere. They are tossed in the trash and a new one is sent out.
They are sealed and need to be in a nitrogen chamber which I don't have so they have to go back to the manufacturer...
Old 07-05-2016, 03:07 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Our policy has always been replacement parts shipped the way the order was put in. Do we vary from that rule from time to time? Sure we do. That thread was 3 years old and I don't recall the exact specifics of why it wasn't done on our dime and the customer paid for the difference in shipping.

I will say a lot has changed in shipping and I think we have cut down dramatically in lost/damaged/missing items from customer orders. As was stated in that thread, and I do remember who was fired/quit in shipping during that time and yes we had a lot of problems while he was here.

We are humans, and humans make mistakes sometimes...all you can do is learn from it and do better the next time. Looking back, yeah we should have overnighted them to him, but we can all say that after the fact.

We have been doing this (Corvette parts), for over 28 years now, and plan to for another 28 years. If you have an issue with a part or service, let me know I'll do what ever I can to make it right.

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it....
Old 07-05-2016, 07:36 PM
reath1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Our policy has always been replacement parts shipped the way the order was put in. Do we vary from that rule from time to time? Sure we do. That thread was 3 years old and I don't recall the exact specifics of why it wasn't done on our dime and the customer paid for the difference in shipping.
Anthony, I don't know you and not trying to beat on you. But let's call a horse a horse. You openly admitted that it was you, yourself, that left the parts out of that mans order. How in the hell can you call those "replacement parts". They are PLACEMENT parts. At the point that he contacted you and let you know that his parts were missing, after you already had his money and had agreed to supply those parts in exchange for his money, the issue, basically, becomes theft. You did not trade the customer, what you agreed to trade the customer, for the money that he sent and you then had. Bottom line. Your business is selling parts. Us, as customers, have lives. You know, other things going on besides waiting on parts. We plan things. We plan to put parts on our cars at times that are convenient to us. This customer could not do that as he waited on shipping because you would not expedite the parts to him that you, yourself, left out.

I will say a lot has changed in shipping and I think we have cut down dramatically in lost/damaged/missing items from customer orders. As was stated in that thread, and I do remember who was fired/quit in shipping during that time and yes we had a lot of problems while he was here.
Unless you fired yourself, and we all know that did not happen, you cannot say that you fired the person responsible for the incident that I pointed out. I have no idea why you even listed that statement. Sounds a lot like the FBI press conference today....
We are humans, and humans make mistakes sometimes...all you can do is learn from it and do better the next time. Looking back, yeah we should have overnighted them to him, but we can all say that after the fact.
If you really feel that way, I am positive that he is still in your records. If not, I will run down his information for you. You should send him his shipping money back. With interest. I, and I hope he, will not hold our breath.

We have been doing this (Corvette parts), for over 28 years now, and plan to for another 28 years. If you have an issue with a part or service, let me know I'll do what ever I can to make it right.
I read first hand how this deal went down. I experienced a slightly similar situation with Stance today on what is comparatively a set of shocks, that comparable to your product is nearly half the price. That means half or less of the profit and Stance did MORE than the right thing. They took care of an issue and covered the bill, and then some, for the mistake of an inept vendor. No fault of their own. THAT is how business is earned and kept!

Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it....
I hope that everyone learns from their mistakes.

Last edited by reath1; 07-05-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:30 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

I hope that everyone learns from their mistakes.
PM sent to the starter of the other thread you quoted.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 AM
tak06
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Received a PM from Anthony at LGMOTORSPORTS today RE: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...some-help.html
I was pleasantly surprised to hear from Anthony that he was going to correct an error in judgement back in 2013 (See above thread) It's always nice when someone can own up to a mistake and admit it, it takes a special Vendor to do that.
By the way, I love my GT2's., high quality, beautifully constructed product, I have NO noise issues that many other coilover installed Corvettes are resigned to, handles like a go-cart and looks good lowered with an OEM ride quality.
My son also has a '02Z and regrets purchasing another brand about $300 cheaper., has all the symptoms of clunks and squeaks many are experiencing, our suspension Tech installed both, LG's in my car and the other brand in his Z., his first observation was the superior quality of the LG's and noted that it was easier to adjust and install.
For a mere $300 difference quality always trumps price in the long term satisfaction, just my 2cents.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:22 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

My Stance don't have any of the noises described by others in the past. Maybe the new design helped fix those problem. Just follow the instructions and use the stock rubber bushing on top of their bushing. NO bad sounds
Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 PM
tak06
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just an update RE: LG Motorsports & Anthony, received a "Care Package" today to atone for a mistake in judgement back in Apr. of 2013 and a very generous Package it was,
Not many Vendors would ever do that.

Thanks to LG and Anthony in particular!
Old 08-27-2016, 03:25 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Two years and approx 7500 miles on my Stance coil overs and still performing like new. About 6 months ago had a guy that does suspension work on roundy round race cars tweek them just a bit and I just can't see how it could get any better !
Old 08-28-2016, 12:20 AM
Skrilla
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

1 year plus later and my Stances still work great.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:38 AM
jdwtx85
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Back to life, lol
puting these in the rear of my 01z with a tr6060 and c6 cradle!
how do you all have them set, preload and rebound adjustment.
idk how I'm gonna setup mine
also how many cut hole in the floor for adjusters
thanks alot Jason
Old 09-11-2018, 12:57 PM
soofrsh
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

installed the stance coilovers in my father inlaws c5 vert with no issues. he really loves them over the stock suspension and the adjustability. when I drove it, it handled great and no noise or clunking. I've used various coilovers on other vehicles over time, and never heard of friends that had stance coilovers have a bad experience. I personally used ksports (local in AZ) and have tried to be a lab rat for them if they were looking to make coilovers.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Skrilla
Drifting

My car is dropppef pretty low , when my car is on the lift(no compression)the coil become separate from the perch . Is this normal ?

Last edited by Skrilla; 09-11-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:46 PM
jdwtx85
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrilla
My car is dropppef pretty low , when my car is on the lift(no compression)the coil become separate from the perch . Is this normal ?
I spoke with John this morning from stance.
Your setup is not right from my understanding, you need "zero preload" tighten the spring perch untill you cannot move the spring easily by hand then tighten the nut one full turn.
if you give me your email I can send you the .pdf file
thanks Jason
Old 09-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Skrilla
Drifting

Thanks
Shansen9116

at

gmail . Com

Quick Reply: Stance Coilovers