Sponsored by:

Street Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:04 AM
DIABL0
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Street Outlaws

Who here thinks their vette can beat the black c5 on Street Outlaws?

Last edited by DIABL0; 06-03-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Hot Wheels ????????????
Old 06-03-2016, 10:08 AM
imjdoggie
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Lol whos driving the black Vette Daddy Dave or Hinson?
Old 06-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qswLdNYO5_U#t=24
Old 06-03-2016, 10:15 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

Dave dropped his big block in it and is currently racing it..on this new season anyways..

Op of course there is someone faster on here. Keep in mind that's a dedicated race car..

They can call it street racing all they want...but I bet their starting line prep is better than some real drag strips out there lol

Then again..it seems like these street cars can't stay Straight most of the time...I actually really like the show...but it seems pretty damn dangerous having cars like that on slicks racing on pavement...
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I met Farmtruck recently and we talked about the show. What you see on TV is not always as "secretive" as they lead you to believe.

The racing is a coordinated event. The "hits" are as real as it gets.

Wrecks, part of racing...

I don't watch as much as I used to, it's amazing the dollars these guys have to invest and spend...
Old 06-03-2016, 11:37 AM
DIABL0
Pro

so are you saying the wins are already known before the race
Old 06-03-2016, 11:50 AM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

I enjoy the show, used to be heavy into drags many moons ago in So Cal. Always figured the racing on the show was done in a more controlled environment than they let on, sure hope so! It seems ,and maybe I'm wrong, that there just aren't as many strips and tracks around so that folks can let loose and have fun safely. Not just for drags, but for all motorsports! Everyone have a good one!!

Last edited by friou; 06-03-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add info
Old 06-03-2016, 11:53 AM
DIABL0
Pro

Originally Posted by jptgs1
I met Farmtruck recently and we talked about the show. What you see on TV is not always as "secretive" as they lead you to believe.

The racing is a coordinated event. The "hits" are as real as it gets.

Wrecks, part of racing...

I don't watch as much as I used to, it's amazing the dollars these guys have to invest and spend...
Originally Posted by friou
I enjoy the show, used to be heavy into drags many moons ago in So Cal. Always figured the racing on the show was done in a more controlled environment than they let on, sure hope so! It seems ,and maybe I'm wrong, that there aren't as may strips and tracks around so that folks can let loose and have fun safely. Not just for drags, but for all motorsports! Everyone have a good one!!

well after the crow got destroyed they had ambulances driving over so it must be closed off
Old 06-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by DIABL0
Wasn't discussed, I have no idea.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:25 PM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

......Absolutely, it's a 'Reality' show !! Much of what you watch is staged, fights, other racers paid to lose, etc. When Street Outlaws were in So.Cal and at Compton Raceway, a friend of mine and long time well known street racer had spoke to and asked Chief directly if he wanted to race against his 'Street' car, and Chief declined saying that the producers had already "Arranged" the races to be done to shoot footage and who was getting paid to snooze or lose. Again, my friend said, " Then I'll meet you anywhere tomorrow after you finish shooting tonights races ", and they (OKC) again declined. Granted, not taking anything away from them and their fast cars, but like the old addage, ' Theirs always someone faster ' !!.......
Old 06-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

SOMETHING is sure NOT REAL...

How can a guy that installs garage doors for a living afford to build a race car like that and be able to drop $1000 - $2000 on a race???? Man,,, I MUST be doing something really wrong!

The show MUST be paying a LOT of the BILLS and directing a LOT of the outcome.

I like the show a lot but,,, some of the race cars and engine that they have DONT SEEM LIKE THEY FIT THE "OWNERS BUDGETS" Must have a TON of sponsor ships or show pitch in money.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
SOMETHING is sure NOT REAL...

How can a guy that installs garage doors for a living afford to build a race car like that and be able to drop $1000 - $2000 on a race???? Man,,, I MUST be doing something really wrong!

The show MUST be paying a LOT of the BILLS and directing a LOT of the outcome.

I like the show a lot but,,, some of the race cars and engine that they have DONT SEEM LIKE THEY FIT THE "OWNERS BUDGETS" Must have a TON of sponsor ships or show pitch in money.
I'm pretty sure they get paid quite well from the show. I would venture to say that those cars aren't built on their "paying jobs" money.

It's all for show and entertainment......
Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 PM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,649 Likes on 1,206 Posts

I enjoy the show. I am sure some of it is "real" and some of it is scripted. That's ok...still some damn fast cars that are fun to watch.. and that's the whole point...entertainment.
The following users liked this post:
friou (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 01:43 PM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N
I enjoy the show. I am sure some of it is "real" and some of it is scripted. That's ok...still some damn fast cars that are fun to watch.. and that's the whole point...entertainment.
...EXACTELY !!!...When Chief got beat several times by Shocker from New Orleans they got their own show, but due to public request the original series was brought back. Ever see any license plates on these street cars, maybe the small tire guys, but overall these are racetrack built cars racing on the streets. PRO MODS !! Hard to get your car impounded and get tickets when supervised by local police and ambulances and grandstands, on the Streets. I still enjoy watching it !!...
friou (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

My favorite car is Shane's Vega. For a small block chevy with a supercharger...... That thing is FAST !!!
friou (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:58 PM
DIABL0
Pro

i loved the white crow my self, those body lines were sexy and that front lip
friou (06-03-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Street Outlaws

Old 06-03-2016, 04:21 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

well after the crow got destroyed they had ambulances driving over so it must be closed off
I just caught the Crow accident the other night. I know he's got a cage but that was one hell of a wreck, never thought he would walk away as lightly injured as he was. Lucky, lucky, lucky!! Y'all take care!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Fast Cars & Horses
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

OK...I'm in the 405....they race at a small closed off airport and it's staged, just like any other reality show. A couple of them had their cars at the Elgin crawdad days (don't laugh, it's the south) a few weeks ago, selling T shirts and signing autographs. I don't think they are getting rich on the show, they are all working guys and most have their own speed or repair shops. Some have money behind them and some don't. The wrecks are real. I think it's a fun show and I like Azn and Farmtruck's antics...their street races are set up too. They race at Thunder Valley on the track too, it's not all street racing. A fun place to go around here is the Sayre street races..it's a good place to see how bad your car is for fun...and every car that runs there has to have a tag and insurance and be street legal...it's all 1/8 mile grudge races, run what ya brung, so you don't have to run against Pro Mods.
friou (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Fast Cars & Horses
OK...I'm in the 405....they race at a small closed off airport and it's staged, just like any other reality show. A couple of them had their cars at the Elgin crawdad days (don't laugh, it's the south) a few weeks ago, selling T shirts and signing autographs. I don't think they are getting rich on the show, they are all working guys and most have their own speed or repair shops. Some have money behind them and some don't. The wrecks are real. I think it's a fun show and I like Azn and Farmtruck's antics...their street races are set up too. They race at Thunder Valley on the track too, it's not all street racing. A fun place to go around here is the Sayre street races..it's a good place to see how bad your car is for fun...and every car that runs there has to have a tag and insurance and be street legal...it's all 1/8 mile grudge races, run what ya brung, so you don't have to run against Pro Mods.

Azn and Farmtruck make the show love those guys
The following 2 users liked this post by Pounder:
Fed Up (06-04-2016), friou (06-03-2016)

Quick Reply: Street Outlaws