Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Another Chadwick person here... I have 4 black vehicles.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcar 98
With that said, excessively dirty and soiled cars do not make good candidates for this process. This line came right out of the article that was posted above. Than what is the difference, again, From dusting and a detail spray. Instead of paying that money for another product. Especially what i see what it is costing. JR-01 i know you like to hold on to your money. It is no different than the Zanio detail spray i am using.
From what I have read waterless car wash sprays have more lubricants and compounds that encapsulates dirt particles than detail sprays. They are designed to wash a car without water. Detail spays aren't.
I think I will just use the Meguiers waterless car wash from now on. Seems to do a great job and for 8 bucks a bottle, the price is right.

Personally I don't care what anyone uses, but if they ask for an opinion I will give mine.
The following users liked this post:
Pounder (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 466 Posts

I guess its all in your definition of what dirty is. I for one will not use a product like that when my car is dirty, I guess i should say Excessively dirty. Always someone trying to invent a better wheel. I also don't care what people use just sounds like a gimmick to me.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:07 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Fcar 98
I guess its all in your definition of what dirty is. I for one will not use a product like that when my car is dirty, I guess i should say Excessively dirty. Always someone trying to invent a better wheel. I also don't care what people use just sounds like a gimmick to me.
I have been using waterless car washes for almost twenty years now. Gimmicks don't last that long. I would never go back to bucket and hose for my specialty cars. After a road trip, waterless car wash spray, 15 minutes and the car is ready for the next cruise. I thank the guy at that car show that convinced me to try it. I thought he was nuts at the time.
Pounder (04-18-2017)
Old 04-17-2017, 11:44 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,224 Likes on 537 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

At the risk of looking stupid(er)...... I have Chadwick's TP arriving tomorrow. Very excited to use it. My (stupid) question for those in the know..... would I also use it on my wheels? While dusting my car yesterday, using my California duster, I noticed my wheels were VERY dusty. Combination of brake dust and "dirt" dust.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

I think I am going to be using a mixture of bucket and hose method and waterless here from now on. At this point my c5 needs some attention while out driving last night the gnats were thick my front bumper is literally black from the dead bugs and I don't feel comfortable using waterless for that. But I feel that if I get the car clean and use the waterless often enough I will not need the bucket. For me getting the hose out is a pain because I am renting and can not hook it up outside. So I do procrastinate when it comes to washing but if I have waterless I feel that I would maintain it every day or two being that it only takes a couple minutes to wipe it down.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Z16Jim
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Bat, when I do my car I go around and spray the rims first by the time I am done the car the rims are dry and I wipe them down
Old 04-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
At the risk of looking stupid(er)...... I have Chadwick's TP arriving tomorrow. Very excited to use it. My (stupid) question for those in the know..... would I also use it on my wheels? While dusting my car yesterday, using my California duster, I noticed my wheels were VERY dusty. Combination of brake dust and "dirt" dust.
Chadwick's works great on everything, TV, counter tops, windows,mirrors, !!!
Old 04-17-2017, 02:08 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by knewblewkorvette
To all you Chadwicks users, do you still wax or Zaino your cars too?
Nope. Although I might use water to spray off "heavy" soil and/or bugs, it's basically CTP only.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
The other day my neighbor asked me if I knew what would take off what looked like bubble gum dried to his car that they drove through and was all over the quarter panel, I sprayed Chadwick's on it a few times and with a little thumbnail action, it came right off. I've sprayed it on dried up bird poop and watched it roll off the car. Yes, it also works great at removing brake dust. I use "cheap throw away" microfiber cloths on stuff that will really dirty the cloth. The better cloths, I wash out in a bucket and air dry them to reuse.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 PM
lonerider2002
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I have both Chadwicks & Mequires and while I like Chadwicks(especially the tire shine & clay bar pad) I just bought 10 bottles of Meguires from W-world because Amazon is out of it. I have used it for the three years I have owned my vette and love it. I can do my whole car, glass & wheels in 20 mins tops. Mine stays covered under a carport and does not see rain(if I can help it).
Best tip is to use a very good microfiber towel & turn it often.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:56 AM
airforcex
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Use only when needed

Use only when needed and make sure the surface and the microfiber towel are both wet. If there's a touchless car wash in town, I rather do that. If you must, consider buying the Meguiar's professional bulk products. Basically the same products for much less (per ounce).
Old 04-18-2017, 03:32 PM
The Rabbi
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 236 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '14,'18

I used Purple Slice http://www.purpleslice.com/ on my motor home, kept it looking clean and shiny. Not available in stores.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:53 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Received 548 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieB

A few years ago, for I don’t remember how long, ZAINO was the GIANT, MOST SUPER DUPER stuff on the planet.

Everybody had it listed on their comments, something like “and of course, 7 layers of ZAINO.”

Oh boy, it must be the MOSTESS, BESTNESS STUFF IN WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t see it touted all of the time now like it was back then.

I used to use Zaino religiously, but since have switched over to Collinite...I think it looks just as good and it lasts longer...
Old 04-18-2017, 04:03 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by grampi50
I used to use Zaino religiously, but since have switched over to Collinite...I think it looks just as good and it lasts longer...
Used Collinite about 40 years ago. I didn't know it was still around.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:23 PM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JR-01
Used Collinite about 40 years ago. I didn't know it was still around.

I didn't know it's been around that long. Good stuff!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:37 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by grampi50
I didn't know it's been around that long. Good stuff!
Did you know?

Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax was originally developed for power companies to protect against high voltage power failure, electrical fires, and explosions.

Get notified of new replies

To Dry Car Wash

Old 04-19-2017, 12:41 AM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by StevieB
Thanks for all of the comments, I appreciate them

I'm going to buy Chadwick's Triple Play Complete Car Care System

THE BEST PRICE I CAN FIND IS IT ECKLERS FOR $70.
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...re-system.html

Is there any place that has a better price, or does that sound about right?

Whatever the case may be, I'm going to get it and see what the results are by testing it on a portion of one body panel.
My idea is to run it over that panel in a vertical orientation and horizontal next to the other in my garage. Then I will move the car into direct sunlight for a very close look at the outcome.
Worst case scenario is that I spent $70 for something I don’t' like.
I’ve spent a lot more than $70 for all kinds of other things I don’t use.

When you consider the price of Chadwicks, remember the amount you'll save by almost never going to a car wash.

Since finding Chadwicks several years ago, I think my C5 has only been in a car wash, 3 or 4 times. Those were after long road-trip vacations and experiencing weather.

So, from conservation viewpoint, you save lots of water, and save the cost of the water, either home or at the CarWash.

You just gotta take good care of your MicroFiber towels, and clean them properly. I use lots of them!

Don
Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 AM
grampi50
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JR-01
Did you know?

Didn't know that either.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:33 AM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by donald4972
When you consider the price of Chadwicks, remember the amount you'll save by almost never going to a car wash.

Since finding Chadwicks several years ago, I think my C5 has only been in a car wash, 3 or 4 times. Those were after long road-trip vacations and experiencing weather.

So, from conservation viewpoint, you save lots of water, and save the cost of the water, either home or at the CarWash.

You just gotta take good care of your MicroFiber towels, and clean them properly. I use lots of them!

Don
You put your C5 through a Carwash?

See #5

Last edited by JR-01; 04-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.
the kid C6 (04-19-2017)

Quick Reply: Dry Car Wash