Sponsored by:

90mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Smcgrath
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 90mm TB

I have an 03 z06 and am wanting to upgrade to a 90mm intake which would obviously require a 90mm TB. I know from reading other threads that an ls2 TB will work fine as long as you get the adapter for the electrical cable. My question is would a set up with an ls3 TB also work, still using a cable adapter because the plugs are different, because from searching ls3 TBs are much more available and cheaper to find vs an ls2 TB.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:09 PM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Take a read thru this thread. Most who have tried to use an LS3 have not been able to get it to work. If the LS3 did work then we'd all be using them. However, a slight glimmer of hope in the following thread. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-on-a-c5.html
The following users liked this post:
Smcgrath (10-15-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 11:59 PM
ChrisLSx
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by CactusCat
Take a read thru this thread. Most who have tried to use an LS3 have not been able to get it to work. If the LS3 did work then we'd all be using them. However, a slight glimmer of hope in the following thread. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...y-on-a-c5.html
I tried everything to get the LS3 TB to work without any success. I (and the guy that got it to work) have zero idea why it worked on his and not on mine as everything he did, I tried and everything I tried he did. His setup fails on my car and my setup fails on his. I gave up and will be buying an LS2 TB.

Get notified of new replies

To 90mm TB

Quick Reply: 90mm TB