Sponsored by:

Lucky......I guess?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:27 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by WillItFloat
Sometimes I want to be be snarky so I must point out that this thread is about a fire in Forcedvert's car not crotch rockets.
Sorry, shouldn't have talked about the motorcycle he posted about being fast, being fast.

To get back on subject: how big is your fish tank?

Old 11-18-2017, 04:12 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Anyone who does not have a fire extinguisher in the car is looking for trouble. Pay now or pay later. Later will be more expensive.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
Anyone who does not have a fire extinguisher in the car is looking for trouble. Pay now or pay later. Later will be more expensive.

100%
Old 11-18-2017, 08:12 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by laurent_zo6
I thought someone might say racing a motorcycle on the street is looking for trouble

I admit I should have one in this car due to the modifications and it will but it was never about money just something I didn't do yet. A good lesson for everyone with a modified car, it could have been much worse. Although in this case I was glad a bit of water put it out rather than using a fire extinguisher there is less clean up.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:49 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

c02 or halon extinguishers won't leave residue... those nasty dry chemical extinguishers will ruin anything it touches
Old 11-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neutron82
c02 or halon extinguishers won't leave residue... those nasty dry chemical extinguishers will ruin anything it touches
I didn't think about that, I have only used one once.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
[img]
So while having a bit of fun with a really fast crotch rocket (he pretty much smoked me, quite literally) I kept up for a bit but both of us have really quick acceleration and hit way to high of speeds to stay in it very long. It worked out to be three or four lights
WTF.......Street racing??? Not real concerned about YOUR safety...thinking about innocent people you could have killed by racing on the city streets.....
It was karma that got you.....
Old 11-18-2017, 09:51 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
Sorry, shouldn't have talked about the motorcycle he posted about being fast, being fast.

To get back on subject: how big is your fish tank?

...size matters...coke spew...
Old 11-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Yello95
WTF.......Street racing??? Not real concerned about YOUR safety...thinking about innocent people you could have killed by racing on the city streets.....
It was karma that got you.....
I suppose you could look at it like that.....I chose to believe karma (good karma) let me have water to put it out. I'm not as bitter as some here.....

And it was a bad mechanic that "got me" as I pointed out it seemed too close to floor to me but two of the shops guys said it was normal to have marks on floor in those spots.... I will take the blame for trusting them, but not for the fire.

Got that SC yet to make that hood not so ridiculous on a stock car

Last edited by Forcedvert; 11-19-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

I suppose you could look at it like that.....I chose to believe karma (good karma) let me have water to put it out. I'm not as bitter as some here.....

And it was a bad mechanic that "got me" as I pointed out it seemed too close to floor to me but two of the shops guys said it was normal to have marks on floor in those spots.... I will take the blame for trusting them, but not for the fire.

Got that SC yet to make that hood not so ridiculous on a stock car
Yes...but you can't see it with the hood closed so what you say about looking rediculous makes no sense at all....
don't be so jealous...and for lords sake...stop racing on the street before you kill some innocent person...that would bring you a lifetime of bad karma...
Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Yes...but you can't see it with the hood closed so what you say about looking rediculous makes no sense at all....
don't be so jealous...and for lords sake...stop racing on the street before you kill some innocent person...that would bring you a lifetime of bad karma...
Jealous of a stock car I won't tell you how much I have spent on my car but if you know anything you would know not doing my own work that I could buy a whole lot of those hoods you are so fond of, even at the crazy price you were suggesting in other threads for what is in mine.

That hood is nice on a supercharged car anything less is silly IMO. It's no different than those old novas with a high rise hood without any need for it. I never understood that either.

Btw you don't have to see under the hood to know a car is not supercharged, especially a Maggie or other PD type sc the kind that hood was made for.

Racing on the street is wrong....I won't argue that, but you have no idea really what the situation was, so save the lecture. Spirited driving with someone else around is pretty much the same thing and no one has a problem with that it seems.

I was not bragging about racing but thought it was important to note I was not driving easy on the car. The situation could have been worse if I panicked or didn't notice the smoke. The thread really was to be informative for anyone with modified exhaust (lots of folks) to see what can happen if not installed properly.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 11-19-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Jealous of a stock car I won't tell you how much I have spent on my car but if you know anything you would know not doing my own work that I could buy a whole lot of those hoods you are so fond of, even at the crazy price you were suggesting in other threads for what is in mine.

That hood is nice on a supercharged car anything less is silly IMO. It's no different than those old novas with a high rise hood without any need for it. I never understood that either.

Btw you don't have to see under the hood to know a car is not supercharged, especially a Maggie or other PD type sc the kind that hood was made for.

Racing on the street is wrong....I won't argue that, but you have no idea really what the situation was, so save the lecture. Spirited driving with someone else around is pretty much the same thing and no one has a problem with that it seems.

I was not bragging about racing but thought it was important to note I was not driving easy on the car. The situation could have been worse if I panicked or didn't notice the smoke. The thread really was to be informative for anyone with modified exhaust (lots of folks) to see what can happen if not installed properly.
...the situation could have been much worse from your childish attitude about street racing especially if you killed a bunch of innocent people on the city street...and btw...millions of people across the country have a problem with illegal racing on the street...and all kinds of other illegal activity...An MCM S/C hood could be put on a Radio Flyer child's red wagon and not be silly...I am the direct opposite to you when it comes to Vettes...I've only had them for 40 years...and a few wonderful Novas also......I don't race anyone...I don't need extreme speed other than getting a small charge of some power once in a while nailing it on an entrance ramp to get onto the interstate...pretty is pretty especially on a Vette...I have had so many complements on the MCM S/C high rise hood from so many people that negative comments and opinions do not matter...we all know jealousy plays a huge part in life and I am sure you could afford many many MCM S/C hoods ("I could buy a whole lot of those hoods you are so fond of")...:

I guess the only thing we can agree to is that this thread should be about what can happen with an improperly installed exhaust and what could happen with a fish tank full of water in a trunk.......my apologies for going back and forth about my MCM hood which YOU brought up in the first place...
"Got that SC yet to make that hood not so ridiculous on a stock car"...which had nothing to do with this thread

Now you can have the last word...as usual...
buh byes...

Last edited by Yello95; 11-19-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

...the situation could have been much worse from your childish attitude about street racing especially if you killed a bunch of innocent people on the city street...and btw...millions of people across the country have a problem with illegal racing on the street...and all kinds of other illegal activity...An MCM S/C hood could be put on a Radio Flyer child's red wagon and not be silly...I am the direct opposite to you when it comes to Vettes...I've only had them for 40 years...and a few wonderful Novas also......I don't race anyone...I don't need extreme speed other than getting a small charge of some power once in a while nailing it on an entrance ramp to get onto the interstate...pretty is pretty especially on a Vette...I have had so many complements on the MCM S/C high rise hood from so many people that negative comments and opinions do not matter...we all know jealousy plays a huge part in life and I am sure you could afford many many MCM S/C hoods ("I could buy a whole lot of those hoods you are so fond of")...:

I guess the only thing we can agree to is that this thread should be about what can happen with an improperly installed exhaust and what could happen with a fish tank full of water in a trunk.......my apologies for going back and forth about my MCM hood which YOU brought up in the first place...
"Got that SC yet to make that hood not so ridiculous on a stock car"...which had nothing to do with this thread

Now you can have the last word...as usual...
buh byes...

Thanks for saving me the lecture .....I don't mind the back and fourth, it keeps things interesting as long as it doesn't get too nasty and keeps it up top so maybe someone that has seen this before can comment. Please don't flatter yourself about a hood, it's not some precious heirloom, it's just a hood, that anyone can buy, just like performance mods.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

What color are the Ti pipes now? Purple?
Maybe some performance cats would help burn out some of that exhaust before it gets to the rear pipes.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:17 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Rob 02
What color are the Ti pipes now? Purple?
Maybe some performance cats would help burn out some of that exhaust before it gets to the rear pipes.
Blueish, I will try to get some pics. I had cats that came with the headers, they melted and got blocked

I'm told common with a sc.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 11-19-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:58 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by neutron82
I have Halotron fire extinguishers in my cars. Make sure you buy the correct product for your car.

Halotron 1 is a "clean" fire-extinguishing agent intended to replace Halon 1211. NFPA 2001, "Standard on Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems" defines a "Clean Agent" to be "an electrically non-conducting volatile, or gaseous fire extinguishant that does not leave a residue upon evaporation."
The following users liked this post:
Forcedvert (11-20-2017)

Quick Reply: Lucky......I guess?