Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would you rather?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 PM
70RT440
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 104 Posts

I would always prefer stock to modified unless I knew the car and owner and could verify how it was treated.

That beinng said, I wouldn't buy any Corvette without a clutch....but that's more personal preference than anything.

Last edited by 70RT440; 04-18-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:38 AM
tigertim20
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by USAZR1
Since you didn't fill out your member profile, when you joined the site, where are you located?

$34K for an 2005 C6 would be insane, in the USA.
Yeah I always skip filling those things out.
Im in New Zealand. 34k in NZ is equal to about $22k USD.

Originally Posted by 70RT440
I would always prefer stock to modified unless I knew the car and owner and could verify how it was treated.

That beinng said, I wouldn't buy any Corvette without a clutch....but that's more personal preference than anything.
Yeah Ive been a motorcycle guy most of my life (still have a few) and Ive had the same feeling with them too - buying other peoples mods means buying other peoples workmanship too . . .

Ive been really tossing and turning between manual and auto too. - I just want it for cruising really. Manuals are fairly hard to come by here - eg theres about 120 corvettes for sale in the whole country that I can find (thats all years from the 1950's up to a 2018) and out of that, across all ears there are about 6-7 manuals. so they tend to call for higher prices.

Ideally Id drive a few more but given they are scarce, and spread out, it isnt practical to do so
Old 04-19-2019, 03:41 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by tigertim20
thanks for the input! - Man, Id love a Z!!! but yeah outta my range sadly!

there was an '05 C6 on that list - is that less desirable because it has the 4speed auto rather than the 6speed Im guessing? - is completely stock. ($34k) about 50k miles

I know of an extremely tidy 01 6sp manual with cosmetic extras - wheels, front lip spoiler, rear spoiler and side skirts from a Z06, but mechanically stock apart from Z06 brake rotors ($32k) about 50k miles

theres a couple other options that are slightly less desirable to me - an '02 auto (cheaper though at $26k, but about 66k miles)

Does anyone recommend any parts places for vette's? Id like to price up doing mods myself on a stock car, but not sure what companies in the USA are good to deal with for quality parts that dont break the bank????
4 speed auto, weird electrical gremlins specific to the 05 due to it being an odd mix of 04 C5 and 06 C6 electronics, and others I am sure I am forgetting. The electrical issues and 4 speed auto are enough to keep me away.

Quick Reply: would you rather?