Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:42 PM
STRMLNE
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 311 Posts

It’s my understanding these are held in with strong adhesive. Please post back and let us know how it worked out. Curious if removing the weatherstrip off of a car compromises the seal when reapplied. Thanks!

Last edited by STRMLNE; 05-14-2019 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I remember when he first started his business. I selfishly miss him on the forum. We use to have enjoyable conversation before he became a Mogul.
I'm happy for him. I'm sure it is not an easy business. He seems to be able to offer quality parts reasonable prices. He is located somewhere between Chattanooga and Nashville TN. There seems to be a lot of talented and friendly people in that area.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by STRMLNE
It’s my understanding these are held in with strong adhesive. Please post back and let us know how it worked out. Curious if removing the weatherstrip off of a car compromises the seal when reapplied. Thanks!
Marc also offered some technical advice. He said that this particular piece was head on by screws and brackets and slides into the side window trim.
My car is at my friends shop for collision repairs and a wide body kit. He doesn't usually work on Vettes so I loaned him my factory service manuals. I couldn't find another reputable shop in my area to do the work. Everyone here says "we don't work on Corvettes" or if they do they don't do custom work, especially if you supply your own parts.

I most likely won't be doing the work on this weatherstripping. I don't believe this piece requires adhesive. I will keep you posted.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Rob 02
I'm happy for him. I'm sure it is not an easy business. He seems to be able to offer quality parts reasonable prices. He is located somewhere between Chattanooga and Nashville TN. There seems to be a lot of talented and friendly people in that area.
My Wife and I vacation in Nashville a couple times a year...WE have been going there for about 15 years.. WE always stay at the ******* Opry Land resort.. My point to your point is that people in Nashville are very friendly... They also are very patriotic, and have a high regard for Military.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
My Wife and I vacation in Nashville a couple times a year...WE have been going there for about 15 years.. WE always stay at the ******* Opry Land resort.. My point to your point is that people in Nashville are very friendly... They also are very patriotic, and have a high regard for Military.
In the early 90's I was stationed near that area and found the same to be true.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by Rob 02
In the early 90's I was stationed near that area and found the same to be true.
The ******* has a large hotel staff with 3000 rooms its one of the largest reports in the world. My wife and I were on the elevator and the door opened and these two hotel workers came on the elevator.. Two guys in their mid to late 20's.. I wear a retired Army pin. Both guys said hello to us as they entered ( just being friendly ).. they saw the pins and both guys extended their hand with a Thank you for your service.. At the Grand ole Opry.. before the show starts they ask all veterans to stand and the audience gives a round of applause.. Most of the entertainment venues in Nashville do the same thing.. Its a far cry from the way we were treated when returning from Vietnam in the 60's

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-14-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

It looks nice. I might check it out if I'm ever back in that area.

I remember stopping by a country bar alone out of curiosity and was greeted and treated as if I was family. The year I was there I never felt like a stranger anywhere.
In most of the other places I have been it takes a lot time to earn the trust of the locals. Most of the TN people are good conversationalist.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

3000 rooms alll under glass, the size of three super Domes.. with a river inside with boats that acts as taxies.. a dozen restaurants, shops... 72 degrees all year round.. 100 horticulturist keeping over 5000 tropical plants in perfect shape. Ten 60 ft waterfalls all inside the resort.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Travel/Na...112223-640.mp4

Quick Reply: Weatherstripping