Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4eyec5 low rise headlights... about to install

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 02:00 PM
AUandAG
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just checked again. There are still listings from four vendors on the big auction site. I searched "Tsingyun led". Let me know if I need to pm a link to you.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,031 Likes on 654 Posts

Thanks for the clarification, I see it on ebay. Originally was looking on Amazon and didn't look elsewhere before posting my comment. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-9005-HB3...-/383215974587
Old 05-18-2020, 03:58 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by AUandAG
I want to share this with those contemplating this project who might be on a budget. The Tsingyun led bulbs appear to be identical to the Hikaris and are available for $16.99 a pair as opposed to the Hikaris for $39.99. I'm using the Tsingyuns for the high beams only. I went with the Auxito y13 series for the lows ($39.99) which are even smaller than the Tsingyun/Hikaris and claim to be even brighter.

I was curious if there was a "rebranded" option available, thanks for this! I've noticed that common theme on other items on Amazon haha. 5 identical products, but they're all different "brands" with high and low prices. I was not excited about paying $40 for a pair of cheap LED bulbs haha, $17 is more in line with what I think they're "worth" lol.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:50 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,075 Likes on 1,222 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I will include all weighing in the vid as well. This was actually a concern for me because it's the ideology in which I construct my car, with weight reduction in mind. I am actually going to be doing something a bit different that some people won't agree with. I'm going to work on that next two days and we'll see how it plays out.
Your time would be better invested taking a crap before driving the car than to worry about the possible weight penalty from stock to this setup given the useful light output
The following 3 users liked this post by smitty2919:
dmaleck (05-19-2020), huggerorange73 (05-18-2020), KnightDriveTV (05-19-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 11:15 PM
Vette97sc
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Did lights close with Hikari leds or need resistors?
Just finish install lights but i have to order bulb connectors. Someone was change euro headlights to my car so connector was wrong.

Last edited by Vette97sc; 05-18-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:39 PM
huggerorange73
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Vette97sc
Did lights close with Hikari leds or need resistors?
Just finish install lights but i have to order bulb connectors. Someone was change euro headlights to my car so connector was wrong.
Mine closed without having to add resistors,
Old 05-19-2020, 12:25 AM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts

Mine close, but only if I spend a couple/few seconds in the intermediate position between on and off.

I used four Hikari LEDs.

Do any of those others come without cooling fans?

I didn't realize the Hikaris came with fans, and something tells me the cooling fan will fail before the LED does, so I'm kinda hoping that passively cooled alternatives might be out there.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:17 PM
heggsc5
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by tabbruzz
awesome..thanks for all the info...now it looks like lighting mods are in my future
Sure thing. Just updated my original post since some of my projectors just came in. Overall, about 1 lb per side in added weight total for the swap. I'd say it's 300% worth it to add 2 lbs in order to have great lighting haha
Old 05-19-2020, 03:31 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by NSFW
...Do any of those others come without cooling fans?

I didn't realize the Hikaris came with fans, and something tells me the cooling fan will fail before the LED does, so I'm kinda hoping that passively cooled alternatives might be out there.
I don't know if they fit, or how they compare to the Hikaris, but I have them in my foglights and I'm super happy. This is the NightEye lineup, which as far as I can tell is identical to BeamTech, but with prices substantially lower. It has been reported as very good as well:

The following users liked this post:
NSFW (05-20-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 04:10 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,344 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Your time would be better invested taking a crap before driving the car than to worry about the possible weight penalty from stock to this setup given the useful light output
Hahaha...yeah, I was actually quite surprised how light the factory assembly is. It's feather light. There is a weight difference though, which will be in the vid for those to know. I am waiting on the LED bulbs prior to taking material off of my vibration dampeners or adjusting the stops. Frankly, the halogens are just very warm (in terms of light temp) and I like the cooler white light of an HID or LED. In addition, my depo corners with switchbacks are very white at night, so I didn't want the visual of the halogen. Once done today I'll get the vid all edited and put together. Should be a good turnout, I shot it with an F1.7 lens for great visuals and focal targeting.
The following 2 users liked this post by KnightDriveTV:
smitty2919 (05-19-2020), tabbruzz (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 04:11 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Fastbird
I brought up concerns about this a couple of months ago, it was something I noticed and was worried might be an issue.

May have to change my HID plans and go LED if this is the situation.
I'll be resolving it in the video and really explore possible outcomes and options. Certainly you can get around it, it just depends on what technique works best. I'm going to install LEDs and see about a temp difference, before I start modifying stops
Old 05-24-2020, 09:13 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 292 Likes on 217 Posts

I'll be resolving it in the video and really explore possible outcomes and options. Certainly you can get around it, it just depends on what technique works best. I'm going to install LEDs and see about a temp difference, before I start modifying stops
waiting on your outcome as I am really trying to figure out what headlights to get...thinking ACA style or the one you are installing...already changing out all other enterior lighting to leds and light smoke fixtures..
Old 05-26-2020, 05:36 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I also wanted to clarify, I think you're misunderstanding my particular weight concern, as it applies to the load on the motors and gears that hold the doors opened. The factory lighting is VERY light, and this setup is indeed heavier, so let's be clear. In addition, you also have to know that weight savings isn't about finding 25 lbs in one location, it's about finding 2-3 lbs in 10 locations or 20 locations. Soichiro Honda in the early days of building motorcycles and cars, would have the excessive threads of bolts that were longer than they needed to be, removed or design changed. Mass reduction is about a bunch of small gains, not large ones.
Energy CC (06-02-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 05:41 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tabbruzz
waiting on your outcome as I am really trying to figure out what headlights to get...thinking ACA style or the one you are installing...already changing out all other enterior lighting to leds and light smoke fixtures..
I'm going to be entirely honest with you here, the video isn't done yet because I haven't reached an outcome yet. Making a video to accurately describe the experience would differ versus if I were just doing a one off install. If it were just me, doing my own install and calling it a day...I'd adapt the issues, figure it out, tweak and tweak some more, etc. When I make a video for a large audience though, I push to be more centerline objective about the accuracy of the directions and potential complications. In this install, there have been several quite frankly. None that would make me say "dont' do it", but some issues that I think i could address in the video that add clarity and allow people to realize what they're getting into.

Right now, I'm battling an aiming issue and am waiting for a torx wratchet wrench to arrive to complete that aspect of it. Overall I will say you won't be disappointed in the light quality or output, nor the look but...this isn't what you'd get if you spent 800.00 or 1000.00. At that price, you want turnkey simplicity. At this pricepoint, it's a good bargain, but you have to be prepared for some...quirks. I'm getting there shortly. I've tried different bulbs, a few different variations of things, etc. I will try to make a very complete, fair video to the product and for the Corvette community.
The following 2 users liked this post by KnightDriveTV:
Apostle (05-27-2020), Blue Blood (05-28-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 06:54 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 292 Likes on 217 Posts

I'm going to be entirely honest with you here, the video isn't done yet because I haven't reached an outcome yet. Making a video to accurately describe the experience would differ versus if I were just doing a one off install. If it were just me, doing my own install and calling it a day...I'd adapt the issues, figure it out, tweak and tweak some more, etc. When I make a video for a large audience though, I push to be more centerline objective about the accuracy of the directions and potential complications. In this install, there have been several quite frankly. None that would make me say "dont' do it", but some issues that I think i could address in the video that add clarity and allow people to realize what they're getting into.

Right now, I'm battling an aiming issue and am waiting for a torx wratchet wrench to arrive to complete that aspect of it. Overall I will say you won't be disappointed in the light quality or output, nor the look but...this isn't what you'd get if you spent 800.00 or 1000.00. At that price, you want turnkey simplicity. At this pricepoint, it's a good bargain, but you have to be prepared for some...quirks. I'm getting there shortly. I've tried different bulbs, a few different variations of things, etc. I will try to make a very complete, fair video to the product and for the Corvette community.
take your time man....its all good and I am sure it will be helpful to many of us....much appreciated
KnightDriveTV (05-26-2020)
Old 05-27-2020, 11:01 AM
smitty2919
Safety Car

I did not buy the Hella units yet, curious what you came up with to see what route I'll take.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Black_Z28
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to get these things to aim right. I'm have a hell of a time getting the driver's side light to far enough to the right to not blind on coming traffic, but I have it almost maxed out. To the point the ball separated from the plastic socket. I think I will need to add spacers. They also just don't seem to align to each other. But, maybe I'm being to **** about that. I rarely drive the car at night(maybe once or twice a year), so I should be fine,and have basically given up on aiming them correctly for now.

I'm also not very impressed with how much shake you see on traffic signs.

Get notified of new replies

To 4eyec5 low rise headlights... about to install

Old 05-27-2020, 07:00 PM
Fastbird
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 813 Likes on 431 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Going to be doing mine this weekend. Have my hella high housings coming in tomorrow, and just ordered LED high and lows (9005 for both) and the resistor harness.

FYI, those BeamTech's are all over the place for WAY cheaper. Got them on Amazon for $17.99 per pair under some other name. Could have gotten them cheaper but shipping was slower.

These are what I ordered:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCGTZG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCGTZG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I figure they'll work for the time being, they're no more expensive than a standard 9005 halogen.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:44 AM
billy mild
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Is the aiming issue related to the LED bulb used?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 AM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to get these things to aim right. I'm have a hell of a time getting the driver's side light to far enough to the right to not blind on coming traffic, but I have it almost maxed out. To the point the ball separated from the plastic socket. I think I will need to add spacers. They also just don't seem to align to each other. But, maybe I'm being to **** about that. I rarely drive the car at night(maybe once or twice a year), so I should be fine,and have basically given up on aiming them correctly for now.

I'm also not very impressed with how much shake you see on traffic signs.
This is my worry as well when it comes time to install them. That would irritate me, but I have not got into the install and possible improvements. Cutting/welding etc would not be out of the question as I have access to all the equipment.

Quick Reply: 4eyec5 low rise headlights... about to install