C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 05:06 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,230 Likes on 783 Posts

I do not have the mileage close to what others have opined in this post but my 04 vert with 45K' is a great fun car.. As a retiree, I drive it with the top down as much as possible during the summer. In contrast to my neighbor that has two vintage Porsche's that only are driven rarely because they breakdown.
The following users liked this post:
MWWarlord (08-27-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 05:14 PM
Michael Clemans
Instructor

Received 250 Likes on 81 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

1999 Coupe with 32000. Weekend rides with the club.

The following 2 users liked this post by Michael Clemans:
knewblewkorvette (08-26-2020), MWWarlord (08-27-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Today was the day that I crack the 200,000 bearer.

OG motor, trans replaced (loss of 5&6 gear) had loss revers at around 175,000, cause: we have a steep drive way that we back up. All the other bit that need replacing or fixing, steering sensor, re-solder climate control board, TCM fixed, oil pressure sender, AUX air valves and pump (didn't really need the pump) torque tube (I messed up the impute and pilot bearing) TT was easer to find the a new/use impute. One (right side) Ti muffler developed a crack and blew out the end plate (had it fixed but found a new set at a reasonable price so I have a pair set). On day one new, installed JRZ DA shocks, will rebuild this winter but they are still working as designed and don't leak gas. Column lock failed in year two, on grid a National Tour (killed a great day) A month in from new and two Solo Two day and the front A arms upper/lower need replacing (uppers move forward lowers moved back) this happen three time in the first two month, some how the last fix has been stable ever since (I'm thinking they installed T-1 control arms) T-1 sway bar end links. I'v built my own shifter (its tall, but very short through) replaced radiator with a Dewit's, and after three years with out Air Con, replaced AC compressor and other service parts. Last but one of the best mods Raidoflyer Bi-Zeon head lights. Other then warranty years needs, I'v done all the work my self. Expendables, uncounted tires (wife freak out during national tour when she realized that I had spent $15k on tires), brake rotors by the ton and pads, just replace TieRod ends damaged boots from rotor heat. That's about it.

This car was bought new as a Solo weapon and did so for three year, then settled in to road trip car, Bonneville 150 lic car, track day lead follow instructor car. Now I just get in and drive it still looks good.

Mark.
MWWarlord (08-27-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 10:16 PM
hron61
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

91 thousand and change on my 99 vert.
I'll likely only put around 100 miles on it this season.

Last edited by hron61; 08-26-2020 at 10:17 PM.
MWWarlord (08-27-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 10:37 PM
MosEspa
Pro

Received 310 Likes on 180 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by MWWarlord
I actually didn't know about the wave when I first bought my Vette. It was a wonderful surprise when all the other corvette owners I passed started waving at me. I always waved back. I think it's an awesome tradition. It occurs to me that many C8 owners have never owned a Corvette before, and they may not know of the tradition. Being in a C8, they're sure to be getting all kinds of attention wherever they go With everybody waving all the time, they just might have become "blind" to it.
Thats my guess too. It seems to be old guys (no offense to old guys) in C7s and C8s that seem to have tunnel vision and don't wave. To each their own.

Quick Reply: 95k