Sponsored by:

Supercharging

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 02:26 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Received 908 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Che vette
Supposed to be almost 60 today in good ole southern Indiana bout to wash mine it’s disgusting
It's 63 right now at my house. Had the console apart and the B&M out in about 12 minutes. The MGW assembled and installed in about 35 minutes.

Feels really good. It's a lot more "springy" than i expected. Shifts great at speed. Looks good with the Raceseng Signa- Ture ****. I had to adjust the height of the shift lever to get it where I like it comfortable for me.
I like it.

The following users liked this post:
Tusc (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 02:55 PM
Che vette
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Hardcore
It's 63 right now at my house. Had the console apart and the B&M out in about 12 minutes. The MGW assembled and installed in about 35 minutes.

Feels really good. It's a lot more "springy" than i expected. Shifts great at speed. Looks good with the Raceseng Signa- Ture ****. I had to adjust the height of the shift lever to get it where I like it comfortable for me.
I like it.

does it sit back farther
Old 02-19-2023, 03:39 PM
Tusc
Running Guns & Moonshine
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,004 Posts

Springy. Interesting. That is something mine is not. But it is not apples to apples.
Johnny Hardcore (02-19-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 04:05 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

does it sit back farther
yes, sits closer to your hand. Maybe an inch or so.
Old 02-19-2023, 04:08 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tusc
Springy. Interesting. That is something mine is not. But it is not apples to apples.
Yeah, I would describe it as springy. It's a radically different feel compared to the B&M Ripper which needs force to operate nicely(good for slamming gears but became a bore around town driving.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:56 AM
Che vette
Racer

looks good
Old 02-20-2023, 12:09 PM
Boss 57
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 156 Posts

With their Race Handle I had on my MGW, it moved the point of grip, higher. Interesting you have it down that much. Cool.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:11 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Scout51
With their Race Handle I had on my MGW, it moved the point of grip, higher. Interesting you have it down that much. Cool.
The Raceseng Signa-Ture sits low on the top post. It did the same on the B&M. So I raised the bottom about 1/2 way on the threads. I didn't like it bottomed out. That was too low. I may raise it some more but want get a few more drives in with some rips before I adjust it again.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:46 PM
cdee63
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 662 Likes on 307 Posts

Did the poor man's CAI via the box flip and cutting of the radiator duct. Which brings up the question, who here has done anything addressing keeping the fuel cool in the rails? I have seen some engines with 2 fuel lines coming out from the plastic cover where mine has only one, fuel return line?
Old 02-20-2023, 04:53 PM
Che vette
Racer

Originally Posted by cdee63
Did the poor man's CAI via the box flip and cutting of the radiator duct. Which brings up the question, who here has done anything addressing keeping the fuel cool in the rails? I have seen some engines with 2 fuel lines coming out from the plastic cover where mine has only one, fuel return line?
think it was the older ones mines a 98 and has the return line
Old 02-20-2023, 05:30 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

'97s and '98s have the second return line. '99 and above do not. Supposedly GM swapped to the single line '99 forward to reduce fuel temperature (not sure that's accurate though).

I really don't think you have to worry about your fuel temps unless you are going for an maximum effort build.

Old 02-24-2023, 03:03 PM
Che vette
Racer

Hopefully have the new rack and pinion in Sunday and finally get to drive this turd and see if I made the right choice on keeping it conservative
Old 02-24-2023, 03:27 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

I suspect that when you drive it, you won't think it's conservative. When I put the blower in mine, it was like having a whole new car.
Tusc (02-24-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Hopefully have the new rack and pinion in Sunday and finally get to drive this turd and see if I made the right choice on keeping it conservative
Great! Hopefully its back in full working order before the weekend wraps.

If you do find it on the "too conservative" side there's plenty you can do about it and fairly easily. That's part of the blessing and the curse with the Novi. It has plenty of room to grow to 950hp. And if you're anything like me...you'll find yourself wanting more pretty soon.

To be honest I was already itching for more power within the first month or two post install. Which sounds dumb but that's my reality. I didn't get to drive it much these last two years so I've been able to stave it off and keep my wallet closed.

Old 02-24-2023, 08:16 PM
Che vette
Racer

Great! Hopefully its back in full working order before the weekend wraps.

If you do find it on the "too conservative" side there's plenty you can do about it and fairly easily. That's part of the blessing and the curse with the Novi. It has plenty of room to grow to 950hp. And if you're anything like me...you'll find yourself wanting more pretty soon.

To be honest I was already itching for more power within the first month or two post install. Which sounds dumb but that's my reality. I didn't get to drive it much these last two years so I've been able to stave it off and keep my wallet closed.
I know I can’t turn mine up yet I know the clutch won’t hold so that’ll be next then after that it’s game on lol
Old 02-24-2023, 08:23 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

I know I can’t turn mine up yet I know the clutch won’t hold so that’ll be next then after that it’s game on lol
I hear that! I may kill my Centerforce DF this Summer (my NA build clutch). It went limp when stuck in traffic heading to the beach last Summer. Pulled into a bar and did a master cylinder flush.

Drove it home hitting speeds of 160mph+ racing bikes and trying to kill it. But the fluid swap did the trick. Swapping in a new master when I do the fuel sender's next weekend. Then going to try to kill it for good this Summer. Then swapping to Mcleod RXT.
Tusc (02-25-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 08:38 PM
Che vette
Racer

I hear that! I may kill my Centerforce DF this Summer (my NA build clutch). It went limp when stuck in traffic heading to the beach last Summer. Pulled into a bar and did a master cylinder flush.

Drove it home hitting speeds of 160mph+ racing bikes and trying to kill it. But the fluid swap did the trick. Swapping in a new master when I do the fuel sender's next weekend. Then going to try to kill it for good this Summer. Then swapping to Mcleod RXT.
if you get bored you can come swap one in for me too, I think I work on my car more than I drive it
Tusc (02-25-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharging

Old 02-24-2023, 08:41 PM
cdee63
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 662 Likes on 307 Posts

'97s and '98s have the second return line. '99 and above do not. Supposedly GM swapped to the single line '99 forward to reduce fuel temperature (not sure that's accurate though).

I really don't think you have to worry about your fuel temps unless you are going for an maximum effort build.
I agree. However my efforts to cool down the fuel on my Jeep with it's OHC V8 stuffed in a small compartment yielded quite a noticeable improvement in throttle response and general "snappiness" when it got hot out. In my C5 here in Florida I also perceive a slight but noticeable decrease in performance when hot out, putting an IR gun on the rail showed it at 215 degrees today after a normal drive home. Doing the air filter flip was noticeable, especially after sitting at one of our infamous 5 minute red lights. I believe keeping the fuel cooler would give the same benefit I feel in my Jeep. I do miss the days of filling the "cool can" with dry ice before a pass..
Old 02-24-2023, 08:52 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

if you get bored you can come swap one in for me too, I think I work on my car more than I drive it
Lol! "Free" time is always an issue for me. I'm never home and with my wife's wander lust she's always dragging me out of country eating up my vacation days.

That's why I pile up a few DIY tasks and do as many as I can in one day. I'll do the clutch with the help of my 17yr old nephew and slip him a few bucks.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:56 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

I agree. However my efforts to cool down the fuel on my Jeep with it's OHC V8 stuffed in a small compartment yielded quite a noticeable improvement in throttle response and general "snappiness" when it got hot out. In my C5 here in Florida I also perceive a slight but noticeable decrease in performance when hot out, putting an IR gun on the rail showed it at 215 degrees today after a normal drive home. Doing the air filter flip was noticeable, especially after sitting at one of our infamous 5 minute red lights. I believe keeping the fuel cooler would give the same benefit I feel in my Jeep. I do miss the days of filling the "cool can" with dry ice before a pass..
Yeah heat soak is a bitch. Especially in FL summers. Other than my Sea-Doo I don't take any of my fun stuff out when it's hot. Somewhat for that reason.

Quick Reply: Supercharging