Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

QTP Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Default QTP Long Tube Headers

Quick Time Performance made the only stainless steel Tri-Y header design that has ever been available for the C5 Corvette. The tubes on these headers have a very heavy wall thickness compared to other brands that I have seen personally and the headers mate to stainless steel Random Tech metal matrix catalytic converters and X-pipe. These are all top shelf parts as not too many systems use the Random Tech Cats anymore, most use cheaper alternatives. The flanges are also 3/8" thick stainless steel. This system requires the later design dipstick that attaches to the passenger side head (early LS1 only), there is no fitting for the earlier design dipstick that attached to the header.

Note: I have removed the AIR fittings so anyone that buys this system will either need to remove the AIR system (recommended as this cleans up the under hood and gets rid of all the check valve issues) or they will need to re-attach the fittings, which I have.

The system as sold will also include four stainless steel Torco pipe clamps that I added to the system. It is very rare that one of these systems becomes available. They were on my car for 17K miles and have no dents or damage whatsoever. They are in excellent condition.

The system is packed and ready to go, buyer pays shipping costs. If someone in the New England area is interested, I may be able to meet you somewhere for delivery.

Price for the system seen below is $995.

Note: More photo's available if interested.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM
thechosenone
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice. Free bump!
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 AM
C5Joe559
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a long shot, but I need these. If you're willing to seperate I really need the random tech cats and xpipe. Let me know how much you want if you'd be willing to seperate. Thanks!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:25 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5Joe559
I know it's a long shot, but I need these. If you're willing to seperate I really need the random tech cats and xpipe. Let me know how much you want if you'd be willing to seperate. Thanks!
Sorry. This is a system and fits together like a glove so I won't separate. Someone else had the Random Tech cats and X-pipe on here recently, do a search. Last I checked he hadn't sold it
Old 05-25-2010, 03:02 PM
paul82146
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Will these fit on a 1998?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Originally Posted by paul82146
Will these fit on a 1998?
All of the blocks and frames are basically the same. The two issues I am aware of are the AIR tubes and the dipstick. The AIR fittings are removed from the headers. This was done by someone local who builds mandrel bent custom hot rod exhaust systems and he did a beautiful job. So the AIR tubes on your car would need to be removed. While some people think this is a big deal (I did for a while), it is easily tuned out and once the pipes are gone the motor compartment is really cleaned up and any future issues with the check valves that you read about in the tech section are eliminated.

I believe the later dipstick will fit the earlier cars, but of course the dipstick and tube would need to be replaced.

So I think they should fit, but these are the two issues I am aware of that need to be verified.

Just noticed you are local, this would eliminate shipping and the best tuner in New England isn't that far away

Also, just checked your profile. Purple Pearl, one of my favorite colors over the years and rare too

Last edited by vettenuts; 05-25-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:16 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Sale canceled.

Thanks for lookin.

Get notified of new replies

To QTP Long Tube Headers

Quick Reply: QTP Long Tube Headers