C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help Help Help Plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM
FaSStC5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help Help Help Plz!!

I have a 97 c5 vette with longtubes fast 90 intake ls2 throttle body and a p1sc procharger on a stock ls1 motor my check engine light came on and the car was running fine 3 days later I was on the freeway then I got on it hard and it does a loud popping sound...everytyme I get on hard it does a popping sound....if I drive the car normal the car drives normal but it starts popping when I get on it hard ...what does this sound like?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
ALVETTE00
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be pre-ignition?

You change fuel or engine tuning at all?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:11 PM
exploder
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a misfire or something related. Check to make sure all of your plug wires are fully seated on the plugs and the coils and also check to make sure that none of them are burned by the headers causing them to arc out. If all of them look good then start pulling plugs and post some pics of them so we can take a look.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:11 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be a # of things ,detnation ,badgas making it ping ,,are u talking about your motor is making a pounding sound ?Is it coming from the front of the car ?It could be a 1000 diffrent things , need more info ,Give me a list of Current Codes ,then i can give u a better answer

Get notified of new replies

To Help Help Help Plz!!

Quick Reply: Help Help Help Plz!!