C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Source for comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Stu in CA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T?

Anyone compiled some data on the PCM calculated value vs. the dyno calculated value, preferably from several cars and dynos? Source?

thanks,
Stu

[Modified by Stu in CA, 11:32 AM 9/6/2002]
Old 09-06-2002, 03:33 PM
Stu in CA
Pro

Default Re: Comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T? (Stu in CA)

test reply
Old 09-06-2002, 07:32 PM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 298 Likes on 218 Posts

Default Re: Comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T? (Stu in CA)

I can give you a "ROUGH" comparison. The highest delivered torque value on mine via ease was 449 HP. Via a dynojet chassis dyno it got 413 sae rwhp. This is rough because these values were on different days, certainly not the same runs, but in the same state of tune, and simular weather conditions. :cheers:
Old 09-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Vettepartz
Pro

Default Re: Comparison/P/T? (Stu in CA)

Stu,
I try to use this as a good baseline for camparison purposes. Multiplying the RPM by Torque and dividing by 5252 should give you the horsepower that the PCM sees at the flywheel. Don't forget that a dyno usually shows an SAE "Corrected" value, which I believe accounts for temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure at that altitude. I think the EASE value for 'delivered torque' is an often overlooked source of tuning.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Stu in CA
Pro

Default Re: Comparison/P/T? (Vettepartz)

Thanks. After I finish the non-dyno tuning with EASE and Edit, I'll finish with the wide-band WOT tuning on the dyno, and hopefully be able to scan during the run (if the DLC is unused-it is right?) for some comparison #'s.

I'll let you know what I find, thanks.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:49 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Comparison/P/T? (Vettepartz)

I think the EASE value for 'delivered torque' is an often overlooked source of tuning.
Absolutely! :yesnod:

However... Keep in mind that this value is a function of the MAF signal which you may have been altering as part of your tuning. I think it's useful for seeing qualitative changes in the shape (as well as other features) of the curve, but less useful for direct quantitative comparison between measurements taken under different tuning configurations (e.g. different MAF tables.) Think of it as similar to the issues that motivates the need for SAE corrections.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:53 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Comparison/P/T? (Stu in CA)

hopefully be able to scan during the run (if the DLC is unused-it is right?)
DLC is typically available for data collection unless you've done something like hook up a scantool (Tech-II, EFILive v5, ???) to command third gear.

Get notified of new replies

To Source for comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T?

Quick Reply: Source for comparison/conversion from EASE "Delivered Torque" to typical Dyno RWHP/T?