C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 11:21 AM
BuzzZo6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's?

I keep reading that alot of you are using a MAFT when in stalling intake mod's.I may be a little dunce about this but I thought as long as the MAF sensor remained the same the computer would make the necessary adjustments regardless of the amount of airflow across the sensor because that's it's job right?I mean to measure any amount of airflow regardless of unrestricted or restricted air because all it does is measure air and the computer says more air more fuel, or do I have this assumption wrong. :confused:
Old 09-11-2002, 03:56 PM
ZO6Les
Drifting

Default Re: Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's? (BuzzZo6)

The short answer is that the stock ECM will learn from the increased airflow and adjust fuel to maintain A/ at the factory setting. If you want to optimize power and get the most from your mods then you need a way to do that, either via a MAFT or LS1Edit.

In my case when I first installed the Halltech T1 I dyno'd the gain at 15+ RWHP. 200 miles later I lost 5 of that as the A/F went back to being nearly as rich (11.4) as it was pre-T1. Now I have LS1 Edit for a solid 12.7 - 13.0 :)

Les
Old 09-23-2002, 12:18 PM
papavette
Advanced

Default Re: Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's? (ZO6Les)

z06les, I am in Atlanta. Sounds like you have learned alot about this stuff. Who do you use in our area. I need some help, thanks.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:20 PM
papavette
Advanced

Default Re: Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's? (BuzzZo6)

What is an MAFT? Be gentle, I am new at this too.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:51 PM
vette.se
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's? (papavette)

Read the following and you will get the idea: http://www.c5forum.com/diy/ltft.php

:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's?

Quick Reply: Added Donaldson to my 02 Zo6 do i have to adjust my LTFT's?