C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
Nice vid!!
Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Glenn W
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring vs pace car systems

The one thing you really want to do is to listen to both the Touring and the Pace Car editions. The Touring is basically the same sound as stock other than at WOT. If you like the (slightly) more deep idle -- its still a lot of money to pay to sound about the same.
The Pace Car edition was brought out by Corsa when the Corvette was the Indy pace car a few years ago and they wanted the crowd to be able to HEAR the pace car as it passed the stands. Overall, it is much throatier (go with the x-pipe too --- I think Bassani makes the best..and you will get rid of the motorboat sound where the exhaust pulses are not even side-to-side). I have both and I would descibe them thus:
Idle --- nice and deep with a back-rumble to it that is much more suited to the car. Not obnoxious at all. I start the car a minute before my beautiful wife joins me (so I can open her door) and just stand outside and listen to it....almost every time.
Acceleration at part throttle --- not my favorite part of the system -- a bit of a moaning sound at low rpm's. I hold the AT in first for a while just to avoid this sometimes.
Cruising at 70 to 80 --- just about perfect. No real resonance in the interior (and I do not have runflats -- too noisy!). You can just turn your head and listen to the pipes -- you can hear them on the freeway, but just barely.....slightly louder going up a long hill at freeway speeds too -- still not too bad, but louder.....
WOT: Ok, I am going to wax a bit nuts here ---- but trust me. Find someone with this system -- go find a tunnel -- take the top off (the car) --- and have him jump on it in first and second gear --- you will order this system on your phone before you even wait to get home. It is the most beautiful mechanical wail you've ever heard. Starting from low rpms it changes into almost a shriek at red line that should give anyone with any knowledge of what a great street engine SHOULD sound like goosebumps.
There is NOTHING wrong with my life that a blast through my favorite tunnel cannot cure --- smiling from ear to ear the whole time. The sound bites on the web are OK for comparison purposes, but do not do this system justice at WOT.....it simply rocks. And I am 54 years old, so don't worry that I may be some kid out here who simply likes to sound loud. You will not be disappointed...

Quick Reply: Corsa Exhaust