C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding a Regional GM Rep. ??? HELP!

Old 10-29-2007, 12:50 AM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finding a Regional GM Rep. ??? HELP!

I'm having serious issues with a new GM crate engine I purchased through a Chevrolet dealer for my Corvette. The dealers solution to the problem has me buying additonal parts and paying for labor that I should not and will not pay for. Without going into the details of the problem because of possible legal actions against GM and or the dealer; does anyone know how to contact a Regional GM representative? I feel my problem could easily be solved without going down the path of legal actions. I asked the dealer to get a GM Rep. involved to help solve this simple problem but they don't feel that it's nessary. I've tried the national GM customer phone line but they keep pushing me back to local dealers. I tried calling several local GM dealerships about finding a Rep. or just having the person contact me but it seems that the representatives names and contact information are a well guarded secret. Can anyone help?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Usually the rep stops at each dealership in his area about once per month. They are usually there for a couple of hours. Most dealer service writers know when the next visit is scheduled.

Bill
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 AM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The Zone rep is most likely not gonna help you. Their job is to act as the interface between GM and the dealer, not to work with dealer "customers". If the GM customer hotline is sending you back to the dealer, sounds like you need to escalate the issue at the dealership. Try calling and asking for the owner of the dealership. You won't get him/her, but probably the manager of the dealership will take the call. Explain as politely and coolly as possible what the problem is. Give them some time (a day is probably fair) to talk to their folks, and see where you get. Paperwork (documentation) is a must if you think you have to resort to legal action, so if you make phone calls keep notes of dates/times, who you talked to, and what was said during the conversation. Keep copies of invoices, repair orders, letters, or any other documents that relate to this. BUT, bottom line, resorting to lawyers is usually gonna cost more than you might recover.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 AM
lp2k
Racer

Originally Posted by BlackZ06
The Zone rep is most likely not gonna help you. Their job is to act as the interface between GM and the dealer, not to work with dealer "customers". If the GM customer hotline is sending you back to the dealer, sounds like you need to escalate the issue at the dealership. Try calling and asking for the owner of the dealership. You won't get him/her, but probably the manager of the dealership will take the call. Explain as politely and coolly as possible what the problem is. Give them some time (a day is probably fair) to talk to their folks, and see where you get. Paperwork (documentation) is a must if you think you have to resort to legal action, so if you make phone calls keep notes of dates/times, who you talked to, and what was said during the conversation. Keep copies of invoices, repair orders, letters, or any other documents that relate to this. BUT, bottom line, resorting to lawyers is usually gonna cost more than you might recover.

+ 1
Old 10-29-2007, 09:13 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

what is the issue with the create engine?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Just stepped it up a notch and had a good conversation with the dealer. They're now convinced they need to climb the GM ladder to find someone to resolved this issue quickly. Thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
JaGsC5
Instructor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
what is the issue with the create engine?

Check back in a couple of days. I'll fill you in.

Get notified of new replies

To Finding a Regional GM Rep. ??? HELP!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finding a Regional GM Rep. ??? HELP!