C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/Active Handling/Traction Control problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM
scubadiver4u
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/Active Handling/Traction Control problem

I recently had two computer modules replaced in the ABS. About a month later the display indicated that the ABS, active handling and traction control need to be serviced. When I took it in, the repair shop could not find anything wrong. The shop thought it was probably just a glitch. They reset the car and the problem went away for about a month, but now the display is telling me that I need to service it again. I haven't noticed any difference with the handling of the car since the computer modules were replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Run the codes and post them here. To run codes turn on ignition and push and hold the options button, then while holding the options button push the fuel button 4 times. This will start the On Board Diagnostic system. The codes will displayed on the DIC one subsystem at a time starting with the Powertrain subsystem followed by the ABS subsystem, etc.

Bill
Old 08-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Drjimz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drjimz 2000C5 with 61000 mi DIC indicates traction control and active handling inop multiple codes through the years but most notable was 28 TCS C1295 HC What does this code refrence? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 AM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

You are posting to a 10 year old thread. Start a new one of your own and post the codes you have now. The C1295 indicates a brake light problem. If you get this code it will disable traction control and active handling.

Get notified of new replies

To ABS/Active Handling/Traction Control problem

Quick Reply: ABS/Active Handling/Traction Control problem