C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! OMW Home and the electrical system has lost it's F'ing mind

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 03:22 PM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like it's illegal in NJ to text, even at 5 mph. So Mr. DARWIN-time to adapt.
http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/l...hone_laws.html
Old 11-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,586 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

With all the U codes, I would say that you found the issue. You need to pop out the accordion tube and pull the plugs and harness up out of the door pillow frame hole in the body. Once you have the connectors out, disconnect them and look for dirt. corrosion, and DAMAGED FEMALE PINS. That normally what the issues is. I also check all the wires and seal up any damaged wiring with liquid electrical tape.

BC

Originally Posted by ZCarr
PCM
P1626 H

TCS
U1301 H
C1214 h
C1226 H
C1233 H
C1247 H
C1287 H
C1288 H

BCM
B2723 H
U1255 H
U1096 H
U1016 H

SDM
U1301 H
U1096 H

IPC
U1255 H
U1016 H
U1064 H
U1040 H
U1088 H
U1176 H
U1160 H

RADIO
U1096 H
U1064 H
U1016 H

HVAC
U1064 H
U1096 H
U1160 H
U1255 H

LDCM
B2284 H
B2262 H
B2264 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1016 H
U1096 H

RDCM
B2283 H
B2285 H
B2265 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1016 H
U1096 H

SCM
U1300 U
U1255 H
U1016 H
U1064 H

BO-RFA
C2105 H
C2110 H
U1000 H
U1255 H
U1064 H
U1096 H
U1016 H

Bill
I cleaned and greased both ground connectors that are located above the wheel well. The drivers side connector was clean and the passengers side connector was filthy. Could the passenger side connector be the cause of the TCS and active handling going out when I drove over bumps? Cleaning both of these connectors did not seem to solve the problem I was having so I wiggled both of the accordian type structures that go to the doors. The drivers side did not have any affect on the problem but by moving the accordian thing on the passenger side door I was able to turn my gauges on and off, it also seemed to make a few relays go crazy turning them on and off as well. Can I fix this problem by cleaning and greasing the connectors for this harness? Do I have to unwrap the bundle of wires and look for for places where the insulation has worn through? Where can I buy the pink wire wrap that GM used? Can I get to the connections for this harness through the kick panel in the foot well or do I have to take off the door panel? How do I take off the door panel? Thank you for all your help and the time you put into this site Bill.

PS
I was in RT 1 traffic on friday when I was texting from the car. For those of you who are not from NJ and dont know what RT 1 is like on a friday I will explain the situation to you. It is a parking lot that stretches for about 5 miles. I do not think I was putting anyones life in danger while occasionally doing a max of 5 miles and hour. So I apologize to anyone who felt that I was putting the general publics life in danger or was just being discourteous to those around me.

PSS
To those people who decided to launch rude personal attacks because I was texting while in traffic. If you believe that texting in traffic is this monumental task and I was endangering the life of those around me then you are on the bottom of the intellectual food chain and Darwinism would have gotten you long ago if it were not for the rest of society. So please do the world a favor and just kill yourselves through starvation. Thank you and do not post on my threads if you do not like what I have to say.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
ZCarr
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the help Bill. I will let you know how it goes when I check the wires.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 PM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

If you don't think using your phone has consequences read this and WATCH THE VIDEO!

http://www.intomobile.com/2009/11/16...alt-marsh.html
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 AM
CoreyZ06
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the passenger side accordion had and is still having some issues on my car. i have almost no wiring to pull it out and it has made repairing it difficult. im gonna have to attack with more patience.

wow the vid didnt load but i googled it and found it.. that made me sick to my stomach.. and to think that guy drove past some people standing on the side of the road fishing or crabbing maybe 100 yards back.. and about as soon as he passed them he drove off in the water.. that could of ended much worse.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Johnny Hardcore
Melting Slicks

Received 905 Likes on 622 Posts

All I have to say is...check out the movie "7 Pounds" with Will Smith. He is driving his Stingray with his wife in the passenger seat and decides to text a co-worker. This was enough for me to stop doing it and that was just a movie. Nothing is that important that it can't wait until your stopped.
Watch the movie and see how it can turn out.

Now for the informative part. BC's write up is spot on.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,586 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CoreyZ06
the passenger side accordion had and is still having some issues on my car. i have almost no wiring to pull it out and it has made repairing it difficult. im gonna have to attack with more patience.

wow the vid didnt load but i googled it and found it.. that made me sick to my stomach.. and to think that guy drove past some people standing on the side of the road fishing or crabbing maybe 100 yards back.. and about as soon as he passed them he drove off in the water.. that could of ended much worse.
Corey

Pull the foot well side panel and see if you can access the wiring from the inside From the factory, there is normally plenty of slack. Maybe your harness is snagged on something.

Bill
Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
abigfoot
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

for all the **** that had a cow about you txting while driving.

i do it ALL THE TIME too. guess im just talented. actually, my peripheral vision is so good i can see stuff that is behind me, so its not a big deal. in a psyc class i took a long time ago, we were going through the sensory system and peripheral vision.. and my prof said it wasnt possible to see behind you.. so i raised my hand saying it was. the bitch put me on the spot in front of the class, had me stand up while she moved around and what not behind me, and i could tell her every time what was going on. she was amazed. could have something to do with my ancestors being ridiculously good at killing their food. (native american). i can see in the dark far better than most, and have 20:10 vision. so i can see at 20 feet what someone else with a "perfect" eye can just make out at 10 feet.

stop me.

find something more important to take a stand on. reminds me of our federal government... spend all kinds of money and time trying to get the olympics in chicago only to get bitch slapped by the world.. when they have PLENTY more to worry about here at home. ****. all of them.

one of the things mentioned in the best man speech for one of my friends was that he can light a cigarette, make a turn, shift 3rd, and send a text message all at the same time. its just part of his character.

please find something else to worry about.

back to the point, at bill's suggestion, when i had some strange things going on, i checked the "accordion" connectors in the doors. i found some really nasty stuff on the passenger side. cleaned it up and so far so good. just as one of the places you could look in your quest.

our cars have WAY more electrical problems than i have ever seen in any one make/model. so put your helmet on.
Moron Ur one of the goofs that can drive drunk too I suppose.
To the interment problems. Ground connections!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

if <...> then you are on the bottom of the intellectual food chain and Darwinism would have gotten you long ago if it were not for the rest of society. So please do the world a favor and just kill yourselves through starvation.
I love that, can I use it?

I'm not generally a fan of doing anything while driving (even talking on the phone), but I can admit that I have been nearly as distracted by an in-dash touchscreen -- which I doubt will ever be illegal.

Its easy to become distracted while driving, especially for new drivers, but I think as you get older you develop a sense of awareness that allows you to be selectively distracted.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
ILM-Express
MFIC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

???
Old 01-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Carcass
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

for all the **** that had a cow about you txting while driving.

i do it ALL THE TIME too. guess im just talented. actually, my peripheral vision is so good i can see stuff that is behind me, so its not a big deal. in a psyc class i took a long time ago, we were going through the sensory system and peripheral vision.. and my prof said it wasnt possible to see behind you.. so i raised my hand saying it was. the bitch put me on the spot in front of the class, had me stand up while she moved around and what not behind me, and i could tell her every time what was going on. she was amazed. could have something to do with my ancestors being ridiculously good at killing their food. (native american). i can see in the dark far better than most, and have 20:10 vision. so i can see at 20 feet what someone else with a "perfect" eye can just make out at 10 feet.

stop me.

find something more important to take a stand on. reminds me of our federal government... spend all kinds of money and time trying to get the olympics in chicago only to get bitch slapped by the world.. when they have PLENTY more to worry about here at home. ****. all of them.

one of the things mentioned in the best man speech for one of my friends was that he can light a cigarette, make a turn, shift 3rd, and send a text message all at the same time. its just part of his character.

please find something else to worry about.

back to the point, at bill's suggestion, when i had some strange things going on, i checked the "accordion" connectors in the doors. i found some really nasty stuff on the passenger side. cleaned it up and so far so good. just as one of the places you could look in your quest.

our cars have WAY more electrical problems than i have ever seen in any one make/model. so put your helmet on.

That's definitely the dumbest post I've ever seen on these forums.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
RSchleder
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CoreyZ06--- you sound about 16 years old. Tex ting while you drive, yea, real smart. Grow up!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Check the ground location just below the exhaust manifold on the passenger side of the engine block. I found mine to be finger tight when I had a similar experience.

Quick Reply: Help!! OMW Home and the electrical system has lost it's F'ing mind