C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signals/dash lights/hazard problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
jkieffer46
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals/dash lights/hazard problem

Hey folks heres my problem-

When i press the hazards- all the dash lights and hazards flash
When i press either turn signal, both flash, just like the hazards are supposed to
When i turn on the headlights, all the dash lights come on and the hazards stay lit

I did a heads/cam swap and now also have an ls2 tb/intake.
I do have a set of spec d/ebay flush mount headlights.

I replaced the hazard switch and nothing changed.
I cleaned all the grounds up top, and am trying not to do the ones under the headers cause im lazy and longtubes suck but probably will tomorrow anyway.

Are the headlights messing up signalsand how do i fix it?
Do i need to tear off the multi switch and fix connections?
Is my ecu fried so i can buy an aem standalone? (yes im looking for an excuse.)

Im sure this has been covered before but for the life of me ive never gotten the search to ever help. So please be kind when you give me a link that was at the top of your search query.

Thanks much in advance. Im tired of cutting the skin off my hands and getting yelled at by my wife because im short with her from frustration.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 AM
whitehooptie
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When did the problem start?

Sounds like you somehow have 12v going through the ground of the turn signals/hazard switch. That's just a guess though.

Your PCM would have nothing to do with the problems you are experiencing. If anything, that is the BCM's territory, however the hazard switch to supposed to bypass everything.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM
jkieffer46
Advanced

Originally Posted by whitehooptie
When did the problem start?

Sounds like you somehow have 12v going through the ground of the turn signals/hazard switch. That's just a guess though.

Your PCM would have nothing to do with the problems you are experiencing. If anything, that is the BCM's territory, however the hazard switch to supposed to bypass everything.

This happened when i fired the car up after the heads/cam swap. Car had previously sat since about december. 4mo maybe some corrosion grew on the multiswitch contacts and it was on the way to death anyway?

I thought about that too, but only when the headlights are on? And how does that keep all the dash lights on? Hazards flashing also flashes the dash lights.

Either turn signal flipped = hazards flashing
Lights on = all the lights including hazards on solid/not blinking
Lights off hazard button pressed = all dash + hazards flashing

Ima take the steering column off and screw with the multiswitch tonight and see whats happenin there.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
jkieffer46
Advanced

So i got the switch off and fixed and back together, and noticed the stwo springs laying on the floorboard. Anybody got a diagram for me?
Old 08-13-2018, 04:35 PM
CapslockAnt
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkieffer46
So i got the switch off and fixed and back together, and noticed the stwo springs laying on the floorboard. Anybody got a diagram for me?
did you ever fix this issue? I seem to be having a very similar issue.

Get notified of new replies

To turn signals/dash lights/hazard problem

Quick Reply: turn signals/dash lights/hazard problem