C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New style receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Secret237
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default New style receiver

I have a 99 C5 and I'm trying to change over to the New style receiver.

I have 2 new style key fobs, 4 new style Tire Pressure Sensors (TPS) and a new receiver.

I followed all the threads on this forum on how to do the conversion and I am only able to program the 2 key fobs, I cannot train the TPS.

Below are my instructions on how to train the TPS and I just cannot get past step #5, all it says is FOB TRAINING and no amount of pressing the Options button will change that.

So I can train the FOBs but not the TPS .... what I am missing !!??

Could it be a bad 10312535 remote control door lock receiver ?? I got mine off of e-bay but I never hear of these going bad.

ALSO one more question, how did you guys mount the new style receiver ?? It's much smaller than the old style.

Thanks for any help ...

1) Turn ignition on.

2) Press "Reset" button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.

3) Press and release the "Options" button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.

4) Press and hold the DIC "Reset" button for 3 seconds.

5) Press the "Options" button again until TIRE TRAINING message appears.

6) Press "Reset" button until the IPC "Learn L Front Tire" message appears in order to begin the programming.

7) Install the J41760 Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Programming Tool (large magnet will do) over the left front valve stem.

8) The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed (if this takes more than 15 seconds, pull magnet back and try again, it will give you three tries. Then you must start over).

9) When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed by the IPC messages: -Learn R Front Tire -Learn R Rear Tire -Learn L Rear Tire Programming can be canceled by turning ignition off, waiting 2 minutes with no sensors being learned, finishing all 4 wheels or through the DIC. If the programming is canceled with less than 4 sensors learned, it will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Secret237
I have a 99 C5 and I'm trying to change over to the New style receiver.

I have 2 new style key fobs, 4 new style Tire Pressure Sensors (TPS) and a new receiver.

I followed all the threads on this forum on how to do the conversion and I am only able to program the 2 key fobs, I cannot train the TPS.

Below are my instructions on how to train the TPS and I just cannot get past step #5, all it says is FOB TRAINING and no amount of pressing the Options button will change that.

So I can train the FOBs but not the TPS .... what I am missing !!??

Could it be a bad 10312535 remote control door lock receiver ?? I got mine off of e-bay but I never hear of these going bad.

ALSO one more question, how did you guys mount the new style receiver ?? It's much smaller than the old style.

Thanks for any help ...

1) Turn ignition on.

2) Press "Reset" button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.

3) Press and release the "Options" button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.

4) Press and hold the DIC "Reset" button for 3 seconds.

5) Press the "Options" button again until TIRE TRAINING message appears.

6) Press "Reset" button until the IPC "Learn L Front Tire" message appears in order to begin the programming.

7) Install the J41760 Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System Programming Tool (large magnet will do) over the left front valve stem.

8) The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed (if this takes more than 15 seconds, pull magnet back and try again, it will give you three tries. Then you must start over).

9) When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed by the IPC messages: -Learn R Front Tire -Learn R Rear Tire -Learn L Rear Tire Programming can be canceled by turning ignition off, waiting 2 minutes with no sensors being learned, finishing all 4 wheels or through the DIC. If the programming is canceled with less than 4 sensors learned, it will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.

Bummer. Sounds like the previous owner already disabled the option, or the RCDLR came off a Z06. Not a total loss, but you'll need to find someone with a tech 2, so the TPM option can be enabled in the RCDLR.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Secret237
Pro

Off a z06, I hadn't thought about that ... no big deal, I'll just get another receiver.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 74 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Secret237
Off a z06, I hadn't thought about that ... no big deal, I'll just get another receiver.

Thanks
Had you purchaed new, this would not be an issue. You roll the dice with purchasing another used receiver. The extra money you spend on the additional receiver, could just be used to pay a shop to program the TPM. It will literally take them 5 minutes...
Old 05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Secret237
Pro

I know, we always take a chance buying anything off the auction site, so I guess I'm not as Lucky as some

I just never thought of this problem.

I don't see any on the auction site right now.

If I were to take it in to a shop would I need to have the receiver installed in the car or not ??

Thanks.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To New style receiver

Quick Reply: New style receiver