C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Delco battery code

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Russells98c5
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Delco battery code

So I have a code on the battery p0210r. So that means it was built February 2010?
I have not started the car for about 45 days and it was around 8 or 9 volts. It is in the garage average temp prob around 50 degs.
Live in cold Chicago. Will not go back on the road till the salt is gone, probably around April. Should I have this on a maint charger? or is my battery haveing issues?
Any thoughts?

Russ Molitor
Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
bhohmann
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Code Concern

I'm also a Chicago area resident and have a similar usage pattern for driving the Corvette. I've used the "Deltran Battery Tender Junior" for the last two years and have been pleased with the results. The battery retains a full charge and is ready to go when you are. One note you might want to remember is; when you hook up the charger, connect it directly to the battery posts as opposed to the fuse box positive connection as recommended for jump starting. I'm not sure why but when using any other but the direct connection, the charger does not complete it's function.

Quick Reply: AC Delco battery code