C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp Pro Magnum rockers ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 10:49 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Default Comp Pro Magnum rockers ??

04 Ls-6 Z doing a Comp Cam valve train upgrade 595 lift just a street deal ported heads all new top end . I have a new set of Comp Pro Magnum rockers ,the big engine builders saying way too heavy and bulky and they like the stock rockers better say they make big Hp just stock rockers anybody run these have a problem ,I got them new in the box ,what do you think??? Thanks
Old 07-18-2015, 08:31 PM
kmetros
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, those are probably overkill. I'm running more lift on stock rocker arms with Comp Cams Trunion Upgrade Kit - PN 13702-KIT. It's a common approach unless you have a really radical cam.

Kurt
Old 07-19-2015, 12:13 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kmetros
Yes, those are probably overkill. I'm running more lift on stock rocker arms with Comp Cams Trunion Upgrade Kit - PN 13702-KIT. It's a common approach unless you have a really radical cam.

Kurt
I just got a deal on these was shocked that the big shops use stock rockers on big HP motors ,said way lighter .. What the heck I got them and was cheap I guess I'll us them ..
Old 07-19-2015, 08:28 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

They may cause more problems then they are worth. You first need to set the wipe, can't just bolt them in. Once you do that, then measure for pushrods. Once done, you have to have enough spring to control them and if your springs are stiff the 5/16" pushrods will be flexing and you will need larger OD pushrods to keep things in control.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:50 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vettenuts
They may cause more problems then they are worth. You first need to set the wipe, can't just bolt them in. Once you do that, then measure for pushrods. Once done, you have to have enough spring to control them and if your springs are stiff the 5/16" pushrods will be flexing and you will need larger OD pushrods to keep things in control.
I am going with all new everything springs and push rods oil pump lifters Etc. been reading up on the wipe ,they are 1.75 stock 1.7 so I go from 595 to 613 ,might just sell them going to call comp one more time .. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Comp Pro Magnum rockers ??

Quick Reply: Comp Pro Magnum rockers ??