C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dennis from DoubleD helped me out big time!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 07:48 PM
James2000
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dennis from DoubleD helped me out big time!

Yesterday and today I completed an install on my 2000 corvette convertible. I put in a 2005 pioneer deh-p77dh 1.5 din with remote, PAC roem-vet1 , kicker 2.50.1 sub amp with remote and a Rockford fosgate recessed trunk sub. I managed to put this together also with aux plug and antenna adaptor for $320. I don't have tons of cash so did a bit of shopping around. Well in my driveway it sounded great, I hit the road it sounded great. About 25 minutes driving it start to crapp out, lost sound in my passenger door, rear speakers were weak and drivers door was going in and out, but the sub was bumping along though. I got home and I played around with it and it was pretty much dead, just some music coming through the drivers door and the sub was booming. Thinking to myself wtf what do I do now, I think I need speakers, I think there blown.
So I go online to double d's and look for speakers, everyone on here praises him and i have seen him be called a guru of car audio. So I decided to call and ask what he thinks that I would need to fix this, I know not easy to do over the phone, but hey what have I got to lose. So I called, I got his wife "she was very nice" she had him call me back. So he did, I explained to him the situation, he suggested pulling the radio out and checking my connections. He explained a lot can happen mashing all those wires in, so I did, thinking to myself I'm not an idiot while keeping in mind this dude is the car stereo God on here, so just do as he says. I put my old radio back in for a couple of minutes and all speakers worked perfectly, so I figured it had to be the PAC or new radio, I called him back he had me cut and swap speaker wires in the front and wham music on my passenger door, thinking ok the radio outs aren't bad, now what, must be the PAC. I double checked the wiring and still nothing. We were both thinking,must be a bad PAC, although in Dennis' defense, Dennis sounded a little unsure saying a bad PAC is rare, but it could be. so I was going to order one from him, so we hung up at that point, I figure I would go over the connections one last time and while pushing on some wires I heard a plastic sounding click. Then all of a sudden came some bottom end threw the speaker I put together the speaker wires and holy crapp the stereo works! Now I wanna say I don't know Dennis from a hole in the ground, he didn't have to help me, but I am glad he did. We spent quite a few minutes talking, a matter of fact we talked the whole time it took to put the stereo in and dash back together. Dennis is a straight up, stand up guy. Next purchase I make will be through him. Saving a few bucks on eBay is nice, but the knowledge this man can provide is priceless and he's a cool dud to talk to. Thank u Dennis, u have a friend here in NJ James and a future customer!
The following 2 users liked this post by James2000:
Alfyjr (12-29-2015), mrr23 (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 07:50 PM
James2000
Instructor

BTW THere are certain people in life u don't argue with, actually u shut up and listen. And Dennis is one, when Dennis talks, shut up and listen! :-)
The following users liked this post:
mrr23 (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,301 Likes on 13,974 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Dennis is a stand-up guy and is a definite asset to the forum.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:13 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

Dennis is a great guy and really knows his stuff.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 AM
GUSTO14
Le Mans Master

Received 1,962 Likes on 1,283 Posts

Originally Posted by James2000
BTW There are certain people in life u don't argue with, actually u shut up and listen. And Dennis is one, when Dennis talks, shut up and listen! :-)
Actually one of the most difficult lessons in life for most of us to learn... The conundrum is, exactly who are these people?

Thanks for identifying another one of them!

Good luck... GUSTO
Old 12-28-2015, 10:07 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Dennis is a stand-up guy and is a definite asset to the forum.
He was very helpful to me when I was installing my system. Unfortunately for me, the timing of my project was right on top of when they were moving their business, so response times suffered, but it was understandable...
Old 12-28-2015, 10:11 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Just glad to help out James! It also distracted me on my 1 and a half ride home LOL

Great talking to you and as I mentioned when your ready for the rest of the upgrade just call me
Dennis
The following users liked this post:
James2000 (12-28-2015)
Old 01-19-2016, 06:30 PM
James2000
Instructor

Default Still Rock'n

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Just glad to help out James! It also distracted me on my 1 and a half ride home LOL

Great talking to you and as I mentioned when your ready for the rest of the upgrade just call me
Dennis
It's been about a month now and my stereo is still Rock'n perfect! It definately was the plug on the PAC that wasn't plugged in all the way. Just a bit of advice to anyone plugging in a iPhone or similar device. I was getting too much bass coming through the door subs for like two weeks, it didn't sound too good. Then one day at work I was thinking what can I do about it???...... Then I thought, wait a minute, I am a runner and I use skull candy headphones and I like a lot of bottom end and I realized I had the bass boost on, on my iPhone, I turned it off ( bass boost )and problem solved. It sounds like I am in a club listening to bands now, without a mosh pit. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 01-19-2016, 07:42 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

sending in my bezel in this week looking forward to dealing with DD after all the praise !!!!
Old 01-20-2016, 05:58 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Dennis is AWESOME and so it THIS...it will enhance your system like you won't believe... welllllllll worth the time and effort.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ell-liner.html
Old 01-20-2016, 01:54 PM
katrinacop
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dennis is a straight up, stand up guy. Next purchase I make will be through him. Saving a few bucks on eBay is nice, but the knowledge this man can provide is priceless and he's a cool dud to talk to. Thank u Dennis, u have a friend here in NJ James and a future customer![/QUOTE]

:agree:

He helped me A LOT too... Really great guy.

Get notified of new replies

To Dennis from DoubleD helped me out big time!

Quick Reply: Dennis from DoubleD helped me out big time!