C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMS 223 heads n custom Cam

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FRCJERRY
sounds good, I'm hoping for atleast 475+rwhp
You should be around there. Mine did 488rwhp on a dynojet w/ a fairly aggressive cam(FTI streetsweeper), ported FAST 92 and as cast Trickflow 220's w/similar supporting mods.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:38 PM
69GTO96Z
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I am running Tonys 223 heads, a cam specd by him, Mamo ported fast 102, and a 383 LS1 block in my 02 SS. IIRC, the car put down just shy of 500 hp on a loaded mustang dyno. Would have been well into the 500s on a dynojet. Tony knows his stuff.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:57 PM
FRCJERRY
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default finally got the rest of parts>>>>

Well its been a long wait for my intake and Tb thanks to a certain vendor that made me wait almost 2 1/2 months. While waiting for them i have installed a new Monster stage 3 clutch and flywheel that i currently breaking in...tomorrow i will be installing the new Fast 102 and Nick williams 102 TB..and after the 500 mile clutch break in, to the dyno to get some power results....
Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
WildRide357 (02-10-2017)
Old 02-09-2017, 11:10 PM
FRCJERRY
Instructor

I want give thanks to a life time friend and forum member (Regorih) who has helped me thru the whole way and process of putting this car together. Also thanks to Tony Mamo for the great advice and great choice of heads and cam package he suggested, this combo is very well mannered and a pleasure to drive on a daily basis....
Old 03-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Time for a C-5
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 179 Posts

How do you like the clutch feel? I have a level 2 Monster going in soon. Did you have it balanced? I've read conflicting reviews whether or not it's necessary. Also curious to hear the final dyno numbers with the intake and TB. Looks like a nice set-up.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:12 PM
FRCJERRY
Instructor

Default Finally completed

So it's been a long awaited build since I got sidetracked by a broken heel that put my right foot in a cast for the last 2months, finally got around to installing the Fast 102/102NW TB 52lbs injectors and went with a speed density tune. The car drives amazing and well mannered and pulls like a freight train, I will try to make it to the Dyno this week if possible and will be posting some ### for u guys to see
Old 05-21-2017, 02:18 PM
FRCJERRY
Instructor

Originally Posted by Time for a C-5
How do you like the clutch feel? I have a level 2 Monster going in soon. Did you have it balanced? I've read conflicting reviews whether or not it's necessary. Also curious to hear the final dyno numbers with the intake and TB. Looks like a nice set-up.
I really like the clutch, it's really aggressive and grabs instantly, the pedal feels a little harder than normal but nothing to fuss about, every now and then it will chatter a bit, but only when I try to ease it out to slow. I have gotten used to now and I like it, when the time comes to replace it again I will be going with a twin disc as I have driven a friends car with it and like it better....
Old 05-21-2017, 08:03 PM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Cars hard pull video

Finally got around to tune the C5 with a speed density tune and do street tuning on the car.

For those wondering why we decided to go with the speed density tune it was to eliminate any restriction in the intake path. By removing the mass air we are removing a big restriction on the intake path and given this combo best opportunity to make power and get as close to or over 500rwhp from this LS1.

Enjoy the vid from last night.

Facebook Post

For the High Definition vid go to my Facebook page to view it.
Facebooks page name is C.O.P Tuning Solutions

Last edited by regorih; 05-21-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:22 AM
sean.b
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by regorih
Finally got around to tune the C5 with a speed density tune and do street tuning on the car.

For those wondering why we decided to go with the speed density tune it was to eliminate any restriction in the intake path. By removing the mass air we are removing a big restriction on the intake path and given this combo best opportunity to make power and get as close to or over 500rwhp from this LS1.

Enjoy the vid from last night.

https://www.facebook.com/Corvettesof...8705787888306/

For the High Definition vid go to my Facebook page to view it.
Facebooks page name is C.O.P Tuning Solutions
ive been on speed density for years, but because i cant find a pair of o2's (yes, using rear o2's and an extension cable) that wont send lazy signals at low rpms.

just bear in mind it's like having an electronic carb, so you'll want to keep a close eye on the AFR and adjust it a few times throughout the year, unless you live in the most moderate possible climate/area.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:58 PM
FRCJERRY
Instructor

Default Dyno ## are in

OK guys finally made it to the Dyno today guys , the weather was not all that great, 85 degrees and 80% humidity. Still went ahead and made some 3 pulls... best was 466/421, not all that impressed but i can live with it, the car drives great and feels awesome...thanks to Velocity Motorsports for letting me use their Dyno, and to @regorih383 for all the help....I am running MMS 223 heads and custom cam spec by Tony Mamo,stock short block, on 2000 FRC corvette, M6 with full exhaust, no cats.

Here is the specs:
MMS 223 Heads milled to 60cc, hand finished by MamoMotorsports
Custom cam 227/232 on 113 with .613/.610 lift
stock Rockers with Trunion kit upgrade
Ls7 Lifters
Melling high pressure oil pump
Ls2 water pump (did not have to grind on TB or water pump with this setup)
Fast 102 Intake
NW 102 TB
Ls2 fuel rails
52lbs injectors
255 fuel pump
Lg SuperPro 1 7/8 Long tube headers, X pipe no cats, Borla Stinger Catback
Speed Density Tune (no MAF) to avoid restriction on the CAI
Monster stage 3 clutch with steel flywheel

My goal was to get as close to 500rwhp as possible...
I should be getting to the Dyno sometime this week if possible, and have some results....
I want to give thanks to my good friend
@Regorih383 from C.O.P Tuning Solutions for Tuning the car..
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2017, 08:30 PM
regorih
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Facebook Post

For the HD quality visit my FB page : C.O.P Tuning Solutions

Last edited by regorih; 05-27-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: MMS 223 heads n custom Cam