C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Pop Up headlamp problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
bartkowiakj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Pop Up headlamp problem

Last year I had a headlamp motor problem on the passenger side and replaced the gear motor assembly with a brass assembly. Everything worked fine all season.
Fast forward.....I pulled the car out of storage today and the same headlamp will only raise up 50% of the way. The drivers side raises 100%. I checked the fuse (ok); there are no grinding sounds form the motor and the motor cover appears firm. In addition there are no binding points on any part of the cover. Coming short of going to the dealership and getting charged an arm and a leg....Can anybody help me out with any ideas that I can try
All input is much appreciated.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by bartkowiakj
...headlamp will only raise up 50% of the way. The drivers side raises 100%... ...there are no grinding sounds from the motor and the motor cover appears firm. In addition there are no binding points on any part of the cover...
Have you tried to manually open and close it to see if it could be moved the full range without any obstruction?

Last edited by GCG; 04-25-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: C5 Pop Up headlamp problem