C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my 2002 corvete convertible top hatch will not open with hidden button

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:37 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 2002 corvete convertible top hatch will not open with hidden button

2002 c5 convertible top cover will not open with hidden button it chimes when you push it and dash says trunk ajar and interior lights stay o
Old 08-05-2017, 01:27 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

Default vette vert top hatch

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
In order for the top cover for the vert top to open the trunk on the car MUST be securely latched. If it is NOT latched properly then the vert cover will NOT open.

Suggest that you release the trunk and then securely close it. Then try the button to release the vert top again................. Bet it works.

The prevention of the vert top release opening when the trunk is not properly latched is a safety measure to prevent damage to the two parts if both were tried to be open at the same time.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

i have checked for breaks in wires slamed trunk many times nothing works on top of that i took it to chevrolet dealership where it was bought in 2002 they told me they will not work on cars over 10 years old love this car do not know what to do
Old 08-16-2017, 02:24 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

Default wiring diagram needed

You can check relays #39 and 41 and fuses #17 and #26 in the passenger foot well fuse box.

If you or someone you know can read wiring diagrams I can post the diagrams for the trunk and folding top cover circuits. Let me know......

While you are checking the fuses and relays in the passenger foot well, see if the carpet in the foot well is wet. Also check the aluminum can to the left of the fuse box and see if you see any white calcium oxidation stains on the aluminum can. It houses the circuit board that is the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM has direct control of operating the trunk ajar condition and the folding top ajar condition. If it has gotten wet that could be a problem.
it would be so helpful if you could post diagram for me..thank you very much
Old 08-21-2017, 02:15 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

You can check relays #39 and 41 and fuses #17 and #26 in the passenger foot well fuse box.

If you or someone you know can read wiring diagrams I can post the diagrams for the trunk and folding top cover circuits. Let me know......

While you are checking the fuses and relays in the passenger foot well, see if the carpet in the foot well is wet. Also check the aluminum can to the left of the fuse box and see if you see any white calcium oxidation stains on the aluminum can. It houses the circuit board that is the Body Control Module (BCM). The BCM has direct control of operating the trunk ajar condition and the folding top ajar condition. If it has gotten wet that could be a problem.
please post thank you
Old 08-21-2017, 02:16 AM
kim chavez
7th Gear

please post them thank you
Old 08-21-2017, 08:46 AM
jd911
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-not-work.html

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To my 2002 corvete convertible top hatch will not open with hidden button

Quick Reply: my 2002 corvete convertible top hatch will not open with hidden button