C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unusual Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

Default Unusual Codes

I have been getting a CEL lately if I get into traffic with a lot of idle time. Codes show a P0171 and P0174, lean both banks. Was planning on changing the Air Temp Sensor to fix that. Today I got a light while driving. Pulled the codes and it shows P0158 H C and P0171 C. Car is stock except for a K&N filter (probably needs cleaned, been a while), has almost 140K. Thoughts? I am thinking it may not be wasted money to change the O2 sensors as well as the Air Temp Sensor and clean the K&N.

TIA

Ron
Old 12-08-2017, 12:31 PM
v6turbo87
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Doubtful that it is the air temp sensor or the O2 sensors--they would rarely go bad at the same time. I would look for vacuum leaks that are allowing unmetered air into the intake for the lean condition. Look for cracked vacuum lines.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Ron C!
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by v6turbo87
Doubtful that it is the air temp sensor or the O2 sensors--they would rarely go bad at the same time. I would look for vacuum leaks that are allowing unmetered air into the intake for the lean condition. Look for cracked vacuum lines.
Good idea. Will check everything this weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Unusual Codes

Quick Reply: Unusual Codes