C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B2264

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 05:11 PM
Chris Murphy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default B2264

Only post I've found regarding this, doesn't apply.
2 weeks ago, out of the blue, drivers window stopped moving (up position)
Tried several times, waiting for weather to cooperate, and it would never move at all. Tonight dumb *** me, pulled into a drive thru, but the button instinctively, window went halfway down, and won't move.
Throws a b2264 code, in LDCM.
Suggestions where to start? Clearing codes does nothing.
​​​
Old 02-14-2018, 05:39 PM
ant-knee470
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I would think either the motor is sticking or the switch is gone bad... I would pull the door panel and check for power at the motor with operating the switch either in up or down position.. If you get power at the motor then you know the motor is going bad or bad already.. If you do not get power at the motor then check the switch and make sure it is getting power.. Wait and see what others say..

Ant...

Last edited by ant-knee470; 02-14-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:37 PM
Chris Murphy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ant-knee470
I would think either the motor is sticking or the switch is gone bad... going bad or bad already..
Ant...
Would either of those trip the vertical limiter sensor, or is that an unrelated issue?
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM
ant-knee470
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris Murphy
Would either of those trip the vertical limiter sensor, or is that an unrelated issue?
I'm not to sure, I am thinking it is an unrelated issue.. But I could be wrong.. I've never heard of a window not moving / stuck throwing a code.. someone will chime in soon..

Ant...
Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Only post I've found regarding this, doesn't apply.
2 weeks ago, out of the blue, drivers window stopped moving (up position)
Tried several times, waiting for weather to cooperate, and it would never move at all. Tonight dumb *** me, pulled into a drive thru, but the button instinctively, window went halfway down, and won't move.
Throws a b2264 code, in LDCM.
Suggestions where to start? Clearing codes does nothing.
​​​
My info indicates b2264 code is for the Mirror Position Sensor Signal Circuit. Last Spring my passenger window would not go down. Here is an easy procedure I found on the 'net that so far fixed the problem. Every ride I now 'exercise' the window motors.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Window Wack Method.doc (131.5 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-15-2018, 06:37 PM
Chris Murphy
Intermediate

So after removing the door panel, I inspected the wires. Then I tried the switch, it worked up and down. Put it together, didn't work again. Took it back apart, turned key back on, with panel removed, and it worked again. WaitedWa few seconds without touching anything, quit again. So took the key out, turned it back on, and it worked again briefly. Tested this theory a few more times, and it's verified. Does that shed any more light for anyone?
Old 02-16-2018, 06:49 AM
ant-knee470
Burning Brakes

So after removing the door panel, I inspected the wires. Then I tried the switch, it worked up and down. Put it together, didn't work again. Took it back apart, turned key back on, with panel removed, and it worked again. WaitedWa few seconds without touching anything, quit again. So took the key out, turned it back on, and it worked again briefly. Tested this theory a few more times, and it's verified. Does that shed any more light for anyone?
Yup, Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere.. Now you have to try and pinpoint where.. Move the wires around till it works more then likely its at one of the connecters..
Old 02-16-2018, 07:41 AM
Chris Murphy
Intermediate

I had thought bad wire too, but it's consistently working when the is first turned on, and without moving anything, so i don't think it is wires now .
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 AM
ant-knee470
Burning Brakes

I had thought bad wire too, but it's consistently working when the is first turned on, and without moving anything, so i don't think it is wires now .
Maybe in the door jam could be loose connection ... Or could be a switch going bad.. If you know how to use a multi-meter you can check for power at the motor, Have someone operate switch while you check for power at motor.. Shouldn't be to hard to find the issue...

Ant....

Last edited by ant-knee470; 02-16-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To B2264

Quick Reply: B2264