C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Delete DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EGR Delete DIY

Hello Im new to this site finally registered but iv been using alot of people advice and DIYS awesome forum. Anyway I did and EGR Delete on my 97 C5 Corvette when i put my new headers in i decided to delete the EGR now what i did was CRIMP the hoses and got it tuned out now what i want to do is to fully remove those hoses and the unit itself i cannot seem to find a DIY for removing the hoses and the unit so if someone can help id really appreciate it thank you.

Last edited by Carmiine27; 02-15-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:16 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,299 Likes on 13,972 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved to C5 Tech.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:37 AM
Nate@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 336 Likes on 126 Posts

There is no EGR on C5 Corvettes. I think what you are referring to is AIR injection. There are block off plates you can install into the exhaust manifolds. You can remove the air injection plumbing or leave it. But, you will need to have a tuner tune out the DTC's associated with air injection and disable the air pump.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nate@VanBortelChevy
There is no EGR on C5 Corvettes. I think what you are referring to is AIR injection. There are block off plates you can install into the exhaust manifolds. You can remove the air injection plumbing or leave it. But, you will need to have a tuner tune out the DTC's associated with air injection and disable the air pump.
My apologies but i did get it all tuned out already i am just looking for a diy on how to remove all the tubes of there is one around id appreciate it thank u.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Nate@VanBortelChevy

It's pretty simple. You'll likely need to remove the intake manifold to access the bolt and bracket on the back side of the cylinder head (I think driver's side). Otherwise everything else is visible aside from the actual pump underneath the driver's headlamp area.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nate@VanBortelChevy
It's pretty simple. You'll likely need to remove the intake manifold to access the bolt and bracket on the back side of the cylinder head (I think driver's side). Otherwise everything else is visible aside from the actual pump underneath the driver's headlamp area.
Perfect thank you. yeah i have the intake manifold already off, my tuner said there was a knock somewhere to he mentioned that LS1 collect oil in the intake and i should look into getting an LS3 Valley cover which has the PCV in it already also getting an oil catch can and i have a 97 C5 he also mentioned to get a 99 ECM and come back for a retune. I figured that i have my intake off already i might as well remove all the air hoses. Also the previous owner for some unknown reason Cut the vaccume line on the back of the intake and never re connected it also i found my Mass Air Flow was the wrong way, so now im pretty much fixing everything n hoping all goes well.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Nate@VanBortelChevy

Originally Posted by Carmiine27
Perfect thank you. yeah i have the intake manifold already off, my tuner said there was a knock somewhere to he mentioned that LS1 collect oil in the intake and i should look into getting an LS3 Valley cover which has the PCV in it already also getting an oil catch can and i have a 97 C5 he also mentioned to get a 99 ECM and come back for a retune. I figured that i have my intake off already i might as well remove all the air hoses. Also the previous owner for some unknown reason Cut the vaccume line on the back of the intake and never re connected it also i found my Mass Air Flow was the wrong way, so now im pretty much fixing everything n hoping all goes well.
that vacuum line is for the map sensor, you need that connected for sure. Hope everything works well for you after it gets straightened out.

Get notified of new replies

To EGR Delete DIY

Quick Reply: EGR Delete DIY