C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you've put an LS2 TB on an LS1 please step inside...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 05:22 PM
evolmotorsprt
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default If you've put an LS2 TB on an LS1 please step inside...

I'm currently in the process of getting all of my ducks in a row for my H/C/I, LT Headers, etc. build on my 2002 C5. I recently bought a used LS2 TB from a 2006 C6 on eBay. It was sold as a functioning pull off part. I was going to send it off to Vmax for porting, and they recommended that I test the part before sending it in because they've seen high failure rates for LS2 TB's. Right now I do not have a way of testing it on a car.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has had issues with LS2 TB's, and how do they run untuned on an LS1? I want to be able to diagnose any problems on the completed engine without introducing the possibility of a faulty TB. I might end up starting it initially with the LS6 TB/intake just to make sure everything runs right. What do you guys think?
Old 02-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Vettemaster1985
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I was going to do this mod , this will need to be done if you want to keep the ls6 intake .. dorman makes one but looks ugly.. only issues I read about was if you get a gold blade throttle body instead of a silver blade the ls1s don't like it, but silver blade with the ls1 to ls2 plug connectors it will work fine..
Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 PM
evolmotorsprt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vettemaster1985

I was going to do this mod , this will need to be done if you want to keep the ls6 intake .. dorman makes one but looks ugly.. only issues I read about was if you get a gold blade throttle body instead of a silver blade the ls1s don't like it, but silver blade with the ls1 to ls2 plug connectors it will work fine..
Thanks for the Reply. I do have the silver blade TB with the wiring harness, so I should be good.

I'm actually on the fence between the TPIS and the Fast 92. There have to be a lot of people running the TPIS, but there isn't a lot of data out there on it. I like the idea of OEM fitment with a 90mm snout. If you have any experience with TPIS or could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:59 PM
Vettemaster1985
Instructor

Code:
p
Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt
Thanks for the Reply. I do have the silver blade TB with the wiring harness, so I should be good.

I'm actually on the fence between the TPIS and the Fast 92. There have to be a lot of people running the TPIS, but there isn't a lot of data out there on it. I like the idea of OEM fitment with a 90mm snout. If you have any experience with TPIS or could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
If you have the money get the fast......some people will disagree and say what a wasteof money and the zo6 intake blah blah blah. ... I do agree... 900.00 for a plastic intake, but remember they are gold on the resale end, you'll get your money back if you sell.. the ls6 as well, now a modded one ahhhhh possibly not... Roughly 300.00 for the ls2 intake to use the snout then chop up a ls6 intake I don't see a giant Markey on the resale end if you get rid of the car or go back to stock.. all this I have contemplated for the past 6mos finally I said if and when the money is there the FAST IS THE BEST BET.. the dorman will do the same for 1/2 the price but 1 it's ugly and 2 you won't get near the full amount if you sell later.. hope this helps BRAH..
Old 02-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Vettemaster1985
Instructor

Code:
p

If you have the money get the fast......some people will disagree and say what a wasteof money and the zo6 intake blah blah blah. ... I do agree... 900.00 for a plastic intake, but remember they are gold on the resale end, you'll get your money back if you sell.. the ls6 as well, now a modded one ahhhhh possibly not... Roughly 300.00 for the ls2 intake to use the snout then chop up a ls6 intake I don't see a giant Market on the resale end if you get rid of the car or go back to stock.. all this I have contemplated for the past 6mos finally I said if and when the money is there the FAST IS THE BEST BET.. the dorman will do the same for 1/2 the price but 1 it's ugly and 2 you won't get near the full amount if you sell later.. hope this helps BRAH..
Old 02-21-2018, 01:14 AM
evolmotorsprt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vettemaster1985
Code:
p
If you have the money get the fast......some people will disagree and say what a wasteof money and the zo6 intake blah blah blah. ... I do agree... 900.00 for a plastic intake, but remember they are gold on the resale end, you'll get your money back if you sell.. the ls6 as well, now a modded one ahhhhh possibly not... Roughly 300.00 for the ls2 intake to use the snout then chop up a ls6 intake I don't see a giant Market on the resale end if you get rid of the car or go back to stock.. all this I have contemplated for the past 6mos finally I said if and when the money is there the FAST IS THE BEST BET.. the dorman will do the same for 1/2 the price but 1 it's ugly and 2 you won't get near the full amount if you sell later.. hope this helps BRAH..
It does help. I pulled the trigger on a ported Vengeance Fast 92 during their tax sale. This also gives me the opportunity to initially test the car with the stock LS6 setup or Fast 92/90 setup. I really didn't want to do the Fast, but I knew I'd regret not having one down the road. Do it once, do it right...
Old 02-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Vettemaster1985
Instructor

It does help. I pulled the trigger on a ported Vengeance Fast 92 during their tax sale. This also gives me the opportunity to initially test the car with the stock LS6 setup or Fast 92/90 setup. I really didn't want to do the Fast, but I knew I'd regret not having one down the road. Do it once, do it right...
That a boy... That ls6 intake is gold.. if you sell $350-400 ish.. so you recoop close to 1/2 the cost of the fast...... that's smart modding also if you are getting a tune, don't wast the money on the tune with the ls6 on, pop on the fast and get the tune... unless the guy will retune for free.... #smart modding....

Last edited by Vettemaster1985; 02-21-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:58 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

An unported LS2 TB works fine on the LS engine. My tuner prefers the UN-PORTED TB because it tunes MUCH easier.

Get notified of new replies

To If you've put an LS2 TB on an LS1 please step inside...

Quick Reply: If you've put an LS2 TB on an LS1 please step inside...