C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified steering

Old 04-28-2018, 11:14 PM
a_ahmed
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Modified steering

I was going to order baer front bump steer kit.. but the place i was going to order ran out of stock in canada...

The other option I used to use on another car (240sx) my old track car, was spl parts, they produce seriously high quality pieces:

http://www.splparts.com/c5-corvette/

Then I ran across this, heard of this from one guy on youtube

https://www.slrspeed.com/products/co...teer-angle-kit

Going to leave this just here.

Bumpsteer correction, quicker steering.. and what i dont care for greater steering angle (drifting). Just wondering how this would feel at high speeds...

*Pre-Order pricing. The first 10 kits will be at an introductory price of only $448 a $50 savings over final market price. Get your order today to take advantage of being one of the first ones to get your hands on this great deal.*

Do three point turns in your Corvette take the better part of a football field to complete? Want quicker steering befitting a true sports car? Tired of feeling like you are trying to park the titanic in your local parking garage.

Our quick-steer angle adapter kit is the solution to all of these problems.
These are a great addition to a daily driver since they quicken your steering a considerable amount over factory allowing for a much tighter steering radius. Less hand over hand on the wheel offers you more control on not only the street but the race track or auto-cross course as well.

If you plan on drifting your Corvette then these are a must. The factory car has only 24 Degrees of steering lock! That is abysmal for a car with a 104.5 inch Wheelbase.

*Features*
- 100% Bolt on installation, all hardware included
- Three Position Ackerman Adjustment for Autocross, Racing or Drifting
- Machined from Billet 6061-T6 Aerospace Grade Aluminum
- 45* of steering lock possible dependent on wheel and tire setup.
- Race Quality outer tierod rod end
- Includes new Inner tie rods.
- Dual Sheer outer tie-rod pickup design

This is just the first in of a line of future parts that will be released for the C5/C6 Corvette chassis. For Extreme Steering Angle our SLR custom sway bar will be available soon.

Last edited by a_ahmed; 04-28-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:55 PM
evolmotorsprt
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Subbed for interesting info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Modified steering