C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C changer location?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:17 PM
cjragonese
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C changer location?

I bought a C5 2000 in 2005 that didn't have the CD changer. Years ago I was fooling around with something in the rear compartment and came across the plug for then CD changer. I have almost perfectly restored this vehicle except the seat leather and carpet which is next. I recently came a cross a 12 disk CD changer for then C5. Bought it. Dang if I cant find where it goes. Does anyone know where the plug for this? Owners manual is descriptive as usual, "located in the center compartment"...

any help would be appreciated. Oh the radio has the AUX function on it and all the plugs are installed in the slots in the back. No open slots so Im sure the wiring exists.

Cjr
Old 07-22-2018, 01:42 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,689 Posts

CD changer goes here if that’s what you want to know !!...center compartment of trunk...rear side !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 07-22-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
cjragonese
Advanced

Thank you! Im guessing plug is close by
Old 07-23-2018, 01:47 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The C5 (if it did not come with the CD Changer) will NOT have any plugs in the rear. You have to purchase the extension harness and wire it in. The harness is called the COHAR Harness. The actual place that the COHAR cable connects to is in the passengers foot well just to the right of the fuse box. If you remove the carpet, you will see a bundle of wires that comes out from the right of the fuse box. The two connectors for the COHAR Harness are tapped to that harness. They are very small connectors. I have pictures of them but would have to e-mail them to you.

IF,,,,,,,,,,,, You have plugs for the changer in the rear center compartment, someone remove an already existing changer some time before you owned it. You will also need the changer mounting bracket and be able to drill holes into the rear bulkhead.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:57 PM
cjragonese
Advanced

do you know where I can order this harness if I need it?

Cjr
Old 07-23-2018, 08:43 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Just Google GM COR-HAR Harness for sale and there will be some vendors.. There wii also be several forum related topics listed at you can refer to.

Get notified of new replies

To C changer location?

Quick Reply: C changer location?